Closed Thread
Page 57 of 59 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 LastLast
Results 561 to 570 of 590

Thread: ESPN, Herm Edwards Diss Eli

  1. #561
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    i agree with this 110%

    Those calls were horrible and that was also a huge reason that game wasnt a blow out. our d line definitely flustered rodgers and forced him into some bad passes.

    But thats why i respect rodgers so much. the way our o line played against the 49ers in the playoffs last year is the way rodgers o line plays almost all the time yet he still finds ways to keep them in the game. there is a reason he is one the most sacked qbs in the NFL. Rodgers has never in his career had a good Offensive line. And in spite of that over the last 4 years he has put up the best numbers. Stats are very misleading, but that tells you something.

    Basically, the reason i think Rodgers is the best qb is because i think his circumstances are the toughest to deal with. from getting booed when he tried to replace a legend, to winning a superbowl and having one of the best seasons a qb has ever had in nfl history. There is no qb in the nfl who can have success with a bad pass blocking o line except for Rodgers. Yes Our O line has played bad at times but its no where compared to as bad as the packers. the packers bears and eagles have some of the worst offensive lines ive seen pass blocking.



    this is not a rodgers vs eli thing. its more of a rodgers vs the rest of the qbs in the nfl thing. i just think he is the best right now.

    I dont think rodgers has a weakness. Hes great throwing on the run. he can scramble if contain breaks down. he has one of the strongest arms and is very accurate. I dont see much weakness in his game to be honest.
    You make some good points in regard to Rodgers, he is very special. Before this season, I thought he and Eli were pretty comparable but after seeing what he did this year, I would say that the only guys I would consider an overall better QB than him would be Tom Brady and maybe Peyton Manning, although I would take Rodgers over Peyton in the post season without thinking twice.Aaron Rodgers carried his team in to the playoffs this past season. However, some of the same reasons you respect Aaron so much is why I respect Eli. I think that our O line is abysmal. Granted, they are not as bad as Aaron's but they are pretty awful, it is impressive that Eli has never missed a start. We also have a bad running attack and I know folks get flustered about this from both sides of the debate so I will be cordial with it, our offensive scheme is not very friendly for him. He has made it work but he is in a system that is not set up for success. Aaron is sacked so much in large part because of his offensive line but Eli has a lower percentage completion because he has to throw so many passes away due to his horrible pass blocking O line. I can get your point about Green Bay's O line playing almost every game the way ours played against San Francisco but I counter, that if we are going to bring up the dropped passes in the playoff game against us by Aaron's receivers then we have to acknowledge how regularly that happens for Eli. NY Giants are regularly near the top or at the top of NFL for dropped passes by receivers.

    I don't take it personal, part of the fun in football talk is the debate.
    Very respectfully, ~Little Mikey~

  2. #562
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    The defense was incredible in the post season. Saying they where not is just denial. Everyone team needs a little luck, no shame in that. Rodgers was far from the reason why they lost the past two seasons in the post season.
    I think almost every team that wins a SuperBowl has to have some luck. Our defense did over achieve and play well in playoffs but they still stuttered a bit. Our offense did have a couple stutters in the playoffs but Eli Manning didn't. We can still win in post season when our offense and defense stutters a little bit but we can't win if Eli Manning does.

    Aaron Rodgers was the main reason Green Bay Packers even made it to the playoffs this past season. However, against us in the post season, he made some costly mistakes in my opinion.

    I think we can both agree that neither Green Bay Packers nor NY Giants are going to win in post season with bad performances by Aaron Rodgers or Eli Manning. Unless of course you are one of the few that thinks David Caar is not still PTSDed and he can get it done for us.

  3. #563
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    9,588
    The Giants defense was outstanding throughout the playoffs for BOTH Super Bowl runs. Where did they stutter? Was it the shut out they had against the Falcons? Was it holding the Patriots to half of their regular season average in points in BOTH Super Bowls? There is no way the offense was so good they could have overcome a poor defensive performance. Scoring two TD's in the Super Bowl is not exactly lighting up the score board.

  4. #564
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    although I would take Rodgers over Peyton in the post season without thinking twice.
    lmao i'd take matt ryan before i took peyton in the post season. no offense to peyton but he has played some of his worst games in the post season. id take eli in the post season over all of them. except for you know who.



    I can get your point about Green Bay's O line playing almost every game the way ours played against San Francisco but I counter, that if we are going to bring up the dropped passes in the playoff game against us by Aaron's receivers then we have to acknowledge how regularly that happens for Eli. NY Giants are regularly near the top or at the top of NFL for dropped passes by receivers.
    the drops need to stop. especially from cruz. im not convinced our system isnt qb friendly though. One thing eli has over a lot of other qb's possibly even rodgers is adaptability. i think eli can play at a high level in any condition. it could be rainy, snowy, windy, 20 degrees, it doesnt matter. I think weather was a big part of the reason peyton looked bad this year in the post season. A lot of QB's choke when the weather is bad, but not Eli.
    Last edited by Marvelousmik; 02-21-2013 at 05:15 PM.
    Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

    ~Big Mike~


  5. #565
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    lmao i'd take matt ryan before i took peyton in the post season. no offense to peyton but he has played some of his worst games in the post season. id take eli in the post season over all of them. except for you know who.





    the drops need to stop. especially from cruz. im not convinced our system isnt qb friendly though. One thing eli has over a lot of other qb's possibly even rodgers is adaptability. i think eli can play at a high level in any condition. it could be rainy, snowy, windy, 20 degrees, it doesnt matter. I think weather was a big part of the reason peyton looked bad this year in the post season. A lot of QB's choke when the weather is bad, but not Eli.
    There was a lot of speculation going on about how the cold effected Peyton Manning in the post season. I think it probably did have something to do with his performance.

    The drops do need to stop but I am not confident that they will. It seems to be with us every year.

    I do like that about Eli Manning that he can play at a high level in any condition and so can Aaron Rodgers but I do think that adaptability may be an area that Eli is stronger than Aaron in. It is odd because when Eli is focused, it seems like we always have a good chance to win and it also seems like the rest of the team plays a lot better.

  6. #566
    Herm Edwards who?
    Formerly Brandon Jacobs

  7. #567
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    The Giants defense was outstanding throughout the playoffs for BOTH Super Bowl runs. Where did they stutter? Was it the shut out they had against the Falcons? Was it holding the Patriots to half of their regular season average in points in BOTH Super Bowls? There is no way the offense was so good they could have overcome a poor defensive performance. Scoring two TD's in the Super Bowl is not exactly lighting up the score board.
    They tried to give SuperBowl away. We are very lucky Wes Welker dropped that pass.

  8. #568
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    9,588
    Lol. Yeah they tried to give it away by holding a great offense to only half their normal point total. The defense was responsible for 2 points and setting the offense up for their 1st TD. The game also ended with the defense on the field preventing any points. Saying they tried to give it away is reaching way to far.

  9. #569
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Lol. Yeah they tried to give it away by holding a great offense to only half their normal point total. The defense was responsible for 2 points and setting the offense up for their 1st TD. The game also ended with the defense on the field preventing any points. Saying they tried to give it away is reaching way to far.
    Stating they played outstanding is ridiculous. Funny how you bring up the drops Rodgers receivers had but the receivers for Brady don't count? The defense was on the field to end the game but were very lucky Tom Brady and NE Patriots offense didn't have much time.

  10. #570
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    9,588
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    Stating they played outstanding is ridiculous. Funny how you bring up the drops Rodgers receivers had but the receivers for Brady don't count? The defense was on the field to end the game but were very lucky Tom Brady and NE Patriots offense didn't have much time.
    They had pleant of time all game long and only managed to score half of their average points scored per game. That's great defense.

Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts