Closed Thread
Page 15 of 59 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Oh I know who he meant. Its just that the author is an idiot. To bring up the Pro Bowls is nonsense. He was a substitute in all 3 when other QB's didn't want to go.
    Its just ridiculous. Bringing up Edwards record for God's sake? He was a good assistant coach and not a very good HC. But he played in the league a long time and had success both as a player and a coach. he obviously knows a heck a lot about the NFL. You can disagree...that's fine. But to tell fans (none of whom every won a single game in the NFL as a HC or assistant, including this writer) that his record as a HC disqualifies him from commenting on current players is rather ......."Cultish".
    I was not a substitute for the 2008 & 2011 pro bowls.

Quote Originally Posted by Manning View Post
    I was not a substitute for the 2008 & 2011 pro bowls.

I really don't think your schtick could be any more boring.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

I really don't think your schtick could be any more boring.
    This is thread #84,962 discussing whether Eli is "elite" or not. The same people, saying the same things over and over and over again, and with the exact same results over and over and over again. Bringing a little levity to an otherwise impossibly pointless(and indeed BORING) discussion, I would think, would be a welcome change.

It is funny how he can diss Eli one of the good passers in the NFL.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. That doesn't mean they should be entitled to a microphone. Herm is determined to get more attention as a commentator than he did as a HC. He stated a position he's entitled to have in an amateurish way.

You are failing to understand my point here completely. My comments have nothing to do with Eli. As I said, I disagree with his point about Eli.
    My point is the overreaction of posters to any public comments that aren't glowing of Eli.
    And to attack anyone who dares express such views.
    It's the NYG boards. As long as it is not personal attack against each other, which is banned here, and which you have said we should all start playing nice, I believe criticizing these talking heads is all fair play. We can question their credibility or discredit their merits and accomplishments, who really cares? That's what this board is for. We can't be serious, logical and rational all the time, or it won't be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    Ok. Let me put it this way. When Marino, Elway, and Kelly were playing in their primes, Aikman and Young were NOT elite. However, when Marino Elway and Kelly were gone or over the hill, Aikman and Young became elite. It's might be just me, but i don't use the term elite loosely.

It absolutely is a numbers game.
    Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    That's just not true. Aikmen had 3 rings before Elway got his first. Aikmen also beat Jim Kelly in the SB twice. Steve Young also got his ring before Elway got his. And when Marino retired Aikman had 10 years in the league already, and 3 championships.

Young and Aikman were "elite" QB's long before these guys were over the hill.
    c'mon now. SB wins is a team effort. back then if you said aikman and young were better then any of those guys, you'd get laughed at.

Oh I know who he meant. Its just that the author is an idiot. To bring up the Pro Bowls is nonsense. He was a substitute in all 3 when other QB's didn't want to go.
    Its just ridiculous. Bringing up Edwards record for God's sake? He was a good assistant coach and not a very good HC. But he played in the league a long time and had success both as a player and a coach. he obviously knows a heck a lot about the NFL. You can disagree...that's fine. But to tell fans (none of whom every won a single game in the NFL as a HC or assistant, including this writer) that his record as a HC disqualifies him from commenting on current players is rather ......."Cultish".
    I think you're way off base on this one, bro. Edwards didn't just give an opinion....he went out of his way to be insulting. He deserves the backlash he gets from Giants fans.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    c'mon now. SB wins is a team effort. back then if you said aikman and young were better then any of those guys, you'd get laughed at.
    I'm not saying they were better, I am just saying they were also elite/superstars at the same time as the guys you mentioned. I am not trying to rank the QBs in any order, nor am I trying to convince anyone that Eli is elite. I am just saying you can have a bunch of QBs that are considered elite at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    I think you're way off base on this one, bro. Edwards didn't just give an opinion....he went out of his way to be insulting. He deserves the backlash he gets from Giants fans.
    Some people on here don't like loyalty. Or maybe they just like being contrary.