Closed Thread
Page 20 of 59 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Delicreep View Post
    Hmmm...none of the guys you mentioned won 2 SB with 2 completely different groups of WR and TE's.

Now I'm not sure how you are going to define "work with anyone", but I am pretty sure it won't have anything to do with winning the ultimate prize in football.
    Folks fail to realize this. Eli has won not only with two different sets of receivers but two different sets of receivers that are two different types of receivers.

Simple physics. Edwards wore green, played in Filthy and scooped the "FUMBLE". He has intangible defects that dog his every step! None of this has anything to do with Eli's QB skills. Go Giants!

Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    As an overall regular season QB you would be right. In regard to post season play, I would take Eli Manning over Aaron Rodgers without thinking twice. Eli is head and shoulder better than Aaron Rodgers in post season. Also, I would take Joe Flacco over Warren Moon in a heartbeat. Warren Moon was a very overrated QB.
    OK Buffy...You have been saying this thing about Rodgers for a while and you have to be called out. I get that he's our QB and all of that, but to say that Eli is far better than Rodgers in the post season is ridiculous.

Aaron Rodgers offense in the playoffs have averaged 30.1PPG. Eli's offense in the playoffs have averaged 19.8/PPG
    Aaron Rodgers has 18 TD's and 5 Ints in the playoffs, Eli has 17 TD's and 8 Int's.
    Aaron Rodgers Compl % in the playoffs is 66.1%, Eli's is 61.5%
    Aaron Rodgers has averaged 289 yds/game in the playoffs, Eli has averaged 229 yds/game

The BIG difference between the 2? The Giants defense has given up 17 PPG in Eli's playoff games. The GB defense has given up 27.4 PPG in AR's playoff games.

If the Giants had given up 27 points in every one of Eli's playoff games, he would be 1-10 in the playoffs.
    If Aaron Rodgers defenses had given up 17 points in every game..He'd be 8-0.

Eli had a great run in 2 playoffs and has been an outstanding post season QB, but Rodgers has been friggin lights out. Unfortunately, poor defenses have been his undoing.
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    Folks fail to realize this. Eli has won not only with two different sets of receivers but two different sets of receivers that are two different types of receivers.
    And both sets of WR's played outstanding in both playoff runs. Lets make sure that is said as well. Plaxico had one of the greatest games in playoff history. He abused Al Harris.
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    What bias would Herm Edwards have against Eli? Makes no sense. Just doesn't seem to be that kind of guy. He has an opinion about our QB, which happens to be shared my many fans around the country. I thought the kids table comment was silly, but its TV. They like guys who are "colorful". Herm has a style that ESPN believes works on TV.

Agree or disagree.....that's fine. But it comes down to one basic notion on this MB. If you dare to suggest that our QB is not an all time great, there are a group of posters here that will call you every name in the book. They will attack like a wild mob.
    I tend to call that **** out. Yes I am a major pain because I don't let it slide. My life here would be a lot easier if I did. But I feel strongly about it so there it is.
    Here's where the problem with you begins. You tend to lump ANYONE who dares to defend Eli or calls out a commentator for what they consider unfair or insulting remarks against him into the same category.....and then you overstate your point by saying things like "If you dare to suggest that our QB is not an all time great, there are a group of posters here that will call you every name in the book. They will attack like a wild mob." This simply is not true on any level. It's in your head..we've talked about this.....you snapped a while back and now EVERY disagreement anyone has with you about Eli comes to this. No one is saying that Eli is the greatest QB ever, but there is a legit argument that he may be the best QB the Giants have ever had.....and no one is calling you anything......other than myself, as I am calling you obessive about this subject. You don't let anyone get away with defending Eli....EVER.

Giants fans SHOULD defend Eli against silly, insulting and unfair comments.

Banned
    OK Buffy...You have been saying this thing about Rodgers for a while and you have to be called out. I get that he's our QB and all of that, but to say that Eli is far better than Rodgers in the post season is ridiculous.Aaron Rodgers offense in the playoffs have averaged 30.1PPG. Eli's offense in the playoffs have averaged 19.8/PPGAaron Rodgers has 18 TD's and 5 Ints in the playoffs, Eli has 17 TD's and 8 Int's.Aaron Rodgers Compl % in the playoffs is 66.1%, Eli's is 61.5%Aaron Rodgers has averaged 289 yds/game in the playoffs, Eli has averaged 229 yds/gameThe BIG difference between the 2? The Giants defense has given up 17 PPG in Eli's playoff games. The GB defense has given up 27.4 PPG in AR's playoff games.If the Giants had given up 27 points in every one of Eli's playoff games, he would be 1-10 in the playoffs.If Aaron Rodgers defenses had given up 17 points in every game..He'd be 8-0.Eli had a great run in 2 playoffs and has been an outstanding post season QB, but Rodgers has been friggin lights out. Unfortunately, poor defenses have been his undoing.
    Notice how you leave out the most important statistic, Eli Manning has two SuperBowl MVPs and led NY Giants to two SuperBowl victories while Aaron Rodgers has led his team to one.Eli Manning and NY Giants were The Best defense on the field in SuperBowl XLVI when they controlled TOP for 38 minutes.If Green Bays defense doesn't come up big with strip of Mendenhall late in the game, they most probably lose.VDC, you can quote stats and pick and choose whichever ones you would for your anti Eli campaign but the fact is that Eli onthe SuperBowl runs is more calm and collected than Aaron has ever been. Eli has won it twice and Aaron has only been able to win it once. That is the most imortant stat there is.

Banned
    And both sets of WR's played outstanding in both playoff runs. Lets make sure that is said as well. Plaxico had one of the greatest games in playoff history. He abused Al Harris.
    What has Plexiglass done since with other QBs throwing to him?

Your first mistake was turning on Colin Cowturd, you compounded that error by listening to Herm Edwards - a decent player in his day but not a very bright guy.

Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    Here's where the problem with you begins. You tend to lump ANYONE who dares to defend Eli or calls out a commentator for what they consider unfair or insulting remarks against him into the same category.....and then you overstate your point by saying things like "If you dare to suggest that our QB is not an all time great, there are a group of posters here that will call you every name in the book. They will attack like a wild mob." This simply is not true on any level. It's in your head..we've talked about this.....you snapped a while back and now EVERY disagreement anyone has with you about Eli comes to this. No one is saying that Eli is the greatest QB ever, but there is a legit argument that he may be the best QB the Giants have ever had.....and no one is calling you anything......other than myself, as I am calling you obessive about this subject. You don't let anyone get away with defending Eli....EVER.

Giants fans SHOULD defend Eli against silly, insulting and unfair comments.
    Define "defend".
    Is it stating that you disagree and here's why?
    Or is it......This guy was a lousy coach and a jaggoff so don't listen to anything he says about anything dealing with football.

Its not about defending Eli. Its about the notion that if you don't place Eli on a pedestal, there is something wrong with you.

And I'll will make a deal with you...I'll continue to call this attitude out where I see it, because I think its beneath Giants fans, and you can continue to tell me what's wrong with me.

its a win/win situation really.
    Get well soon 80.

OK Buffy...You have been saying this thing about Rodgers for a while and you have to be called out. I get that he's our QB and all of that, but to say that Eli is far better than Rodgers in the post season is ridiculous.

Aaron Rodgers offense in the playoffs have averaged 30.1PPG. Eli's offense in the playoffs have averaged 19.8/PPG
    Aaron Rodgers has 18 TD's and 5 Ints in the playoffs, Eli has 17 TD's and 8 Int's.
    Aaron Rodgers Compl % in the playoffs is 66.1%, Eli's is 61.5%
    Aaron Rodgers has averaged 289 yds/game in the playoffs, Eli has averaged 229 yds/game

The BIG difference between the 2? The Giants defense has given up 17 PPG in Eli's playoff games. The GB defense has given up 27.4 PPG in AR's playoff games.

If the Giants had given up 27 points in every one of Eli's playoff games, he would be 1-10 in the playoffs.
    If Aaron Rodgers defenses had given up 17 points in every game..He'd be 8-0.

Eli had a great run in 2 playoffs and has been an outstanding post season QB, but Rodgers has been friggin lights out. Unfortunately, poor defenses have been his undoing.
    You are what your SB MVP's and SB Trophies say you are. Sorry but your analysis is sophmoric.