Closed Thread
Page 23 of 59 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    LOL Herm Edwards is a bone headed blow hard

He had the uncanny ability to take over mediocre to good football teams like the Jets and KC and almost immediately drive them to 2-14...if we played a Herm Edwards coached team each week we would go undefeated for years on end.

Herm Edwards could not polish Eli's cleats................the fact people like Mike Carton, Herm Edwards, and the fat and skinny Mike and Mike can find gainfull employment in Sports radio gives hope to every other moron at the Connecticut School of Broadcasting........you can be an utter bore and blowhard lacking any football sense at all, and still get a job at ESPN........they will take just about anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    I do agree with you on that. Plexiglass was great at catching badly thrown balls and was Eli's security blanket for awhile. Actually, when we lost Plexiglass, our offense had problems and Eli had to adjust and I think he became a better QB because we lost Plex. Unfortunately, Eli didn't adjust quick enough and our chances of repeating were done that year. That being stated, Plexiglass still hasn't done much since being back in NFL after doing his time.
    He came back way past his prime. His game was in decline in 2008. He was having a terrible season up until the time he shot himself. But he had a very nice career up until that point.
    When he got out of prison, he wasn't the player he was before.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Plaxico was exactly what the Doctor ordered in all those years Eli was throwing the ball wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to high..........were it not for Plaxico, Eli might have broken the INT record.....a record you sure do not want on your resume

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    There is no doubt that it takes a lot of good players around you to succeed as an NFL QB. But I just don't know how anyone can look ate both guys performance in the post season and say that they wouldn't think twice about who is the better QB.
    I mean..Rodgers has been great in the playoffs but he can't play defense. His team's defense in the playoffs has been dreadful. He put up 45 points at Zona and they still lost.
    As I have said a million times, Eli has been an outstanding post season QB, especially later in his career. Rodgers goes out and produces every game in the post season. So we can argue about who is better, but to say that they wouldn't think twice is ridiculous.
    And the SB's are not individual achievements. they are team achievements. It takes a lot of components. including good QB play to win a championship. Eli has benefited from some outstanding defensive play in the playoffs of late. (Well since 2007) In the 8 games of our 2 SB runs, our defense has yet to give up 21 points. That's just unspeakably good.
    The D did pick it up in the playoffs but they still had to be bailed out in SuperBowl XLVI. We won our division that year with one of the worst defenses and we did it in large part because of Eli's record breaking 4th quarter performances.

Aaron produces every game in post season? He didn't do too well against San Francisco. He didn't do too well against us either. Yeah I know, folks are going to say it was his defense or it was the receivers fault, etc..........etc......... Folks can argue back and forth about who is better and who isn't. Aaron Rodgers due to his regular season consistency is going to get the nod over Eli Manning as being the better overall QB. However, Eli Manning is without a doubt a better post season QB. Heck, he is even a better post season QB in the post season at Lambeau Field than Aaron Rodgers is.

All-Pro
    Rodgers, Brees, Peyton, and Brady all have better numbers than Eli and do it consistently. They have lost their share of WR's and TE's due to FA or injury but are just more consistent. Rodgers is the best QB in the game today and noting he did prevented his team from winning a Championship.

Eli lost something last year.....he was not the QB he had been the year before

Banned
    Well, analysts are always going to have Eli under the microscope because he is QB of NY Giants, Peyton is his older brother and the ELIte talk is going to be there because his name is spelled E-L-I. The folks are not going to let it go.

I actually hope they continue to call Eli out because he plays better when they do.

Like I stated before, if we are going to list elite QBs with the QBs being The Very Overall Best in NFL then we have to go with, in no particular order, Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning and Tom Brady. If we are going to go with ELIte post season QBs playing right now then Eli Manning is without a doubt, ELIte and that is good enough for this NY Giants fan. Oh, I am still going to take Eli's side in the "whos better, Tarzan or Flash Gordon" debate because I am a NY Giants fan and he is our QB. He is The Greatest QB in NY Giants History, IMO.

Funny how this thread like so many others has devolved in to this debate again.

BTW, analysts are going to make comments that we don't agree with and that is their job. Folks like Herm Edwards are going to make stupid analogies because that is why they are there. I don't agree with his statements about Eli eating at the table but I really couldn't care less that he made the statement and I don't think his statement makes him any more or less as a player or a coach and I don't think his statement really reflects Eli.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BParcells777 View Post
    Eli lost something last year.....he was not the QB he had been the year before
    I am confident that Eli Manning returns to 2011 form.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    I am confident that Eli Manning returns to 2011 form.
    I'm the eternal optimist, and I can't agree with this UNLESS we have a marked improvement in run blocking to take some pressure off the passing game. Wilson could be a great weapon... but every RB needs a crease and we couldn't create a crack last season.

All-Pro
    Eh, last year was his best year and the run game was the worst he has ever had since being drafted.