Closed Thread
Page 27 of 59 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Also, how are regular season wins a QB accomplishment but when it comes to the SB it turns into a team game? Aren't they always team wins?
    I know. That discrepancy runs rampant in these Eli threads. Drives me bat **** crazy.

All-Pro
    Rodgers was not nearly as bad that night as you make it sound. He had a number if drops that game and while playing from behind his stats made it look worse. You rip him but give all credit to Eli for throwing a simple pass that went for a TD when the defense forgot how to tackle or when he heaves one up before the half and the defense fails to knock the ball down it was a great pass right? Rodgers is the best QB in the game today but he can't do it ALL by himself. His last two seasons are just about the best a QB has ever played but his defense is just that bad.

All-Pro
    It's always a team game. You mention the poor defense to defend Eli yet forget the picks he threw which set the tone for many scores.

eli flat outplayed rodgers. he made tougher throws and more accurate throws. point blank. rodgers overthrew or missed his wrs too it wasnt just drops. and eli was throwing dimes on 3rd and 10s virtually the entire 1rst half and 4th quarter...eli made rodgers his ***** that playoff game imo

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Rodgers was not nearly as bad that night as you make it sound. He had a number if drops that game and while playing from behind his stats made it look worse. You rip him but give all credit to Eli for throwing a simple pass that went for a TD when the defense forgot how to tackle or when he heaves one up before the half and the defense fails to knock the ball down it was a great pass right? Rodgers is the best QB in the game today but he can't do it ALL by himself. His last two seasons are just about the best a QB has ever played but his defense is just that bad.
    I didn't give Eli credit for anything.. I just asked how come he can lead and lose and Eli can't.
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    It's always a team game. You mention the poor defense to defend Eli yet forget the picks he threw which set the tone for many scores.
    I never said Eli was perfect. (Why do people always assume this?) And if you want to use the pick excuse, then Drew Brees also set his team up for failure with his 19 interceptions, regardless of a horrible defense.

and fwiw, the hail mary pass did actually end up hitting nicks in his facemask, id say its as accurate a hail mary pass as a qb can throw lol

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    I didn't give Eli credit for anything.. I just asked how come he can lead and lose and Eli can't.
    You have to watch the game. What was he supposed to do? Play defense? Throw the ball and catch it? Run and not fumble? Who played against a better defense that night?

i think u need to rewatch it buddy. rodgers missed an open finley 2x and an open jennings in the 1rst half alone.

and GB woulda scored like 3 pts if it wasnt for those 2 bs calls (the fumble that wasnt and the bs roughing the passer)rodgers played poorly, at least nowhere near the stratosphere eli was playin at

My main point is mot to knock other QB's. What I'm trying to explain is it goes both ways. You can't say Eli should be able to lead a team, but other QB's don't have to because the rest of their team sucks, so it's okay. I don't even know where that came from. How would you or anybody else know that Eli didn't try to lead his team?