Closed Thread
Page 28 of 59 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: ESPN, Herm Edwards Diss Eli

Quote Originally Posted by gmen46 View Post
    I know. That discrepancy runs rampant in these Eli threads. Drives me bat **** crazy.
    Well you do know that the rest of the team has nothing to do with those regular season wins regarding the other QB's. It's all their individual might and amazingness that wins those games, I mean cmon.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    I never said Eli was perfect. (Why do people always assume this?) And if you want to use the pick excuse, then Drew Brees also set his team up for failure with his 19 interceptions, regardless of a horrible defense.
    Stop. Bree's also threw for 43 TD's and over 5,000 yards. He is a soluty not the reason why they stunk this year.

eli was like 8/8 on 3rd and 8 or more at one point iirc, he was on fire. get outta here with this

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    You have to watch the game. What was he supposed to do? Play defense? Throw the ball and catch it? Run and not fumble? Who played against a better defense that night?
    He was supposed to somehow find a way to win because that's what elite quarterbacks do!!....You see how silly that sounds? People said that about Eli. That he's the QB and the leader of the team and he has to put the team on his back. Okay so what is Eli supposed to do when a hobbled Hakeem can't even extend for the ball, or Victor Cruz is dropping passes? Crap happens, just like Aaron Rodgers can't control is crappy defense, Eli can't control not having a stable offense. That's football. That doesn't mean he sucks or he's not being a leader. And I do think AR tried to lead his team, but he came up short. All QB's come up short, even the "elite" ones.

All-Pro
    My main point is mot to knock other QB's. What I'm trying to explain is it goes both ways. You can't say Eli should be able to lead a team, but other QB's don't have to because the rest of their team sucks, so it's okay. I don't even know where that came from. How would you or anybody else know that Eli didn't try to lead his team?
    The point is consistency. What game this year could you say that Eli was playing so we and the defense lost the game? Yes, the defense stunk, but he was not playing well either. Last year, until the defense some up he was carrying the team. See, one year great, the next year not. No consistency.

Stop. Bree's also threw for 43 TD's and over 5,000 yards. He is a soluty not the reason why they stunk this year.
    But he still threw 19 picks and went 7-9 and missed the playoffs. If you care about looking good losing then fine by me.

All-Pro
    He was supposed to somehow find a way to win because that's what elite quarterbacks do!!....You see how silly that sounds? People said that about Eli. That he's the QB and the leader of the team and he has to put the team on his back. Okay so what is Eli supposed to do when a hobbled Hakeem can't even extend for the ball, or Victor Cruz is dropping passes? Crap happens, just like Aaron Rodgers can't control is crappy defense, Eli can't control not having a stable offense. That's football. That doesn't mean he sucks or he's not being a leader. And I do think AR tried to lead his team, but he came up short. All QB's come up short, even the "elite" ones.
    Just posted this in response to another comment, but its about consistency. Last year he lead his team. This year he did not.

The point is consistency. What game this year could you say that Eli was playing so we and the defense lost the game? Yes, the defense stunk, but he was not playing well either. Last year, until the defense some up he was carrying the team. See, one year great, the next year not. No consistency.
    Because of other factors other people seem to ignore which is a hobbled Ahmad, an inconsistent o line and passing game. For ANYONE else, this is a good excuse, but for Eli it's not. That's my problem.

All-Pro
    But he still threw 19 picks and went 7-9 and missed the playoffs. If you care about looking good losing then fine by me.
    This is ridiculous. How do you compare the two this season?

Just posted this in response to another comment, but its about consistency. Last year he lead his team. This year he did not.
    Again, if I pointed out factors to you that lead to this teams downfall which btw Coughlin acknowledged, then you and others would deem them as excuses. Again, for any other QB it would be acceptable, but not Eli.

Closed Thread