Closed Thread
Page 31 of 59 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 590

Thread: ESPN, Herm Edwards Diss Eli

  1. #301
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,130
    Funny how anyone would claim that Joe Flacco is mediocre or average.

  2. #302
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    You realize that QB's don't actually play against eachother right?
    Yes they do, by stats but not physically.

  3. #303
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    9,371
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondring View Post
    Yes they do, by stats but not physically.
    No, they do not play against eachother and when they do get on the field they play different defenses.

  4. #304
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    41,976
    Quote Originally Posted by gmen46 View Post
    Lord knows, I often have my own issues with Morehead's comments concerning Eli and his comments concerning some of pro-Eli posts.

    But you're being unfair here. Morehead's issue on this thread--and I totally agree with him--is that it is disgraceful to those Giants fans who feel compelled to trash Edwards personally and/or trash his professional career as a player and HC because Edwards had the gall to not name Eli as Elite.

    I disagree with Edwards' on-air pronouncement and his apparent need to insult Eli a tiny bit while denying his abilities. But for fans on this board to say nasty things about Edwards as a person or as a player and coach, simply demeans the "trasher", not the "trashee". And it does not make a good argument on Eli's behalf. I'm sure if he read those posts--supposedly in his defense--he would feel ashamed to be "defended" by those posters.

    I think that's all Morehead was saying.

    Now, on to my aggressive disagreements with Morehead concerning our different opinions about Eli's talents and worth to the Giants!!
    First of all, thank you for stating my position and my point so well. You are exactly right.

    Secondly, I like Eli just fine. I just don't think he's the all time great that several posters here think he is.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  5. #305
    Okay, this thread is starting to get a little out of hand and i think its time i try my best to bring a little order "logic wise". Now i know there has been a lot of sensitivity on here lately so please don't take anything i say the wrong way. I am not taking shots at anyone here. I'm just calling out where you're wrong. That being said, lets look at the most bizarre statement thus far.


    Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    whatd he do to win it? no where near what eli did...and in the reg. season both qbs played at near levels as well. so head2head in 2011 eli def outplayed rodgers

    Lets all take a deep breath.... I'm serious. Inhale and exhale slowly. Then take a look at the numbers


    Eli: 61.0% completions, 4,949 totals yards, 29 touchdowns. 16 interceptions, 92.9 qb rating

    Rodgers:
    68.3% completions, 4,900 total yards, 46 touchdowns, 6 interceptions. 122.5 qb rating.

    Eli had a heck of a season give him credit. However, the only category where Eli came close to Rodgers in that year, was passing yards. But IF nearing someone in PASSING YARDS Alone means you played around their level then Matthew Stafford and Cam newton are 2 of the best QB's in the league.

    And i know there is the argument about the numbers dont tell the whole story and all of that blah blah blah but lets keep it real. Rodgers looked like a grown man playing with kids during the 2011 season. Rodgers had one of the best seasons in NFL history, he was voted by many of the players as not just the best QB of that year but as the best player, and he won MVP.

    now I am not going to say you're wrong here. I am just going to give you the benefit of the doubt and say you made an honest mistake. I understand you're trying to defend ELi, and nothing is wrong with that. All i ask is not just you, but we all keep things in a sensible manner. At least make it debatable.
    Last edited by Marvelousmik; 02-18-2013 at 10:18 AM.
    Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

    ~Big Mike~


  6. #306
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia
    Posts
    29,625
    Whoa whoa giants420.

    Maybe in the PLAYOFFS Eli outplayed Rodgers, but not the 2011 regular season.
    I thought we had something special!!!

  7. #307
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,990
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    Funny how anyone would claim that Joe Flacco is mediocre or average.
    I agree, I think Joe Flacco has been awesome since he entered the league

  8. #308
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    OK Buffy...You have been saying this thing about Rodgers for a while and you have to be called out. I get that he's our QB and all of that, but to say that Eli is far better than Rodgers in the post season is ridiculous.

    Aaron Rodgers offense in the playoffs have averaged 30.1PPG. Eli's offense in the playoffs have averaged 19.8/PPG
    Aaron Rodgers has 18 TD's and 5 Ints in the playoffs, Eli has 17 TD's and 8 Int's.
    Aaron Rodgers Compl % in the playoffs is 66.1%, Eli's is 61.5%
    Aaron Rodgers has averaged 289 yds/game in the playoffs, Eli has averaged 229 yds/game

    The BIG difference between the 2? The Giants defense has given up 17 PPG in Eli's playoff games. The GB defense has given up 27.4 PPG in AR's playoff games.

    If the Giants had given up 27 points in every one of Eli's playoff games, he would be 1-10 in the playoffs.
    If Aaron Rodgers defenses had given up 17 points in every game..He'd be 8-0.

    Eli had a great run in 2 playoffs and has been an outstanding post season QB, but Rodgers has been friggin lights out. Unfortunately, poor defenses have been his undoing.

    This brings me to my next point. Here, someone brings up evidence and facts in order to support his claim in the rodgers vs eli in the playoffs debate.

    Here is the counter argument to the quoted statement above. i will highlight the facts in bold and type the conclusion in blue.

    (Rodgers and The packers offense has averaged better numbers than Eli and the giants offense in the post season. (Fact)

    The Giants defense on average has given up a lot less points than the packers defense in the post season. (Fact)

    Since Eli has won more playoff games he is better than Rodgers in the post season.)

    This is the logic being used in order to counter the quoted argument.



    The giants offense scored 20 points against the 49ers in the playoffs and Eli won.
    Green bay's offense scored 31 points against the 49ers in the playoffs and Rodgers lost.

    Here is the part most of you leave out.

    The giants defense gave up 17 points.
    The packers defense gave up 45 points.

    I think the eli vs peyton, brees and brady in the post season argument is fine. i'm just not convinced that eli plays better than Rodgers in the post season.
    Last edited by Marvelousmik; 02-18-2013 at 11:14 AM.
    Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

    ~Big Mike~


  9. #309
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    9,371
    The problem is people try to say one QB outplayed another when in fact they don't even play on the same field or against the same defenses. Rodgers is incredible. Nothing he has done has prevented his team from winning. It's not like he threw a pick to end a post season game or just plain played poorly. If his team had a decent defense he win many more Championships.

  10. #310
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Throw away the first season because he had all of 3 attempts. Throw away the first season for Eli as well. He has never had a season like the the seventh season that Brady was a starter. What did Welker do before he was playing with Brady? Check out he fall Moss started to take before playing with Brady. He made two rookie TE's look good, not the other way around. Also, the point was consistency. Not so much that he started out of the gate great. He started out good and got better and has matinee that status. He is consistent.


    Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Your argument contains no merit because you keep changing it to suit.
    Last but not least, I think this along with what morehead and buffy discussed about Rodgers in the post season is a great example of why topics tend to go on forever sometimes. just admit that the other person made a good point. show some sportsmanship. I'm here just reading through this thread and watching people straight up get destroyed, yet they're still replying back trying to hold on. And some of it makes no sense what so ever.

    Lol its done. just give the person credit if they make a good point. I think it would make discussions a lot more thoughtful and interesting. But that's just me.

    And for the record, Not that i really care or anything, but i think edwards exaggerated a bit on the Eli at the kids table comment. In my opinion a coach or former coach shouldn't take a shot at a player. And this is coming from someone who really doesnt care about media stuff.
    Last edited by Marvelousmik; 02-18-2013 at 11:45 AM.
    Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

    ~Big Mike~


Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts