Closed Thread
Page 32 of 59 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 590

Thread: ESPN, Herm Edwards Diss Eli

  1. #311
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    Okay, this thread is starting to get a little out of hand and i think its time i try my best to bring a little order "logic wise". Now i know there has been a lot of sensitivity on here lately so please don't take anything i say the wrong way. I am not taking shots at anyone here. I'm just calling out where you're wrong. That being said, lets look at the most bizarre statement thus far.





    Lets all take a deep breath.... I'm serious. Inhale and exhale slowly. Then take a look at the numbers


    Eli: 61.0% completions, 4,949 totals yards, 29 touchdowns. 16 interceptions, 92.9 qb rating

    Rodgers:
    68.3% completions, 4,900 total yards, 46 touchdowns, 6 interceptions. 122.5 qb rating.

    Eli had a heck of a season give him credit. However, the only category where Eli came close to Rodgers in that year, was passing yards. But IF nearing someone in PASSING YARDS Alone means you played around their level then Matthew Stafford and Cam newton are 2 of the best QB's in the league.

    And i know there is the argument about the numbers dont tell the whole story and all of that blah blah blah but lets keep it real. Rodgers looked like a grown man playing with kids during the 2011 season. Rodgers had one of the best seasons in NFL history, he was voted by many of the players as not just the best QB of that year but as the best player, and he won MVP.

    now I am not going to say you're wrong here. I am just going to give you the benefit of the doubt and say you made an honest mistake. I understand you're trying to defend ELi, and nothing is wrong with that. All i ask is not just you, but we all keep things in a sensible manner. At least make it debatable.
    Aaron Rodgers played out of his mind in 2011. His was one of The Best ever regular seasons by a QB.
    In the playoffs however, Aaron Rodgers collapsed against the #27 ranked defense and Eli Manning had one of The Best post seasons by a QB ever that year.

    Aaron played at a higher level than Eli did during 2011 regular season but didn't even approach Eli in the postseason.

  2. #312
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    9,588
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    Aaron Rodgers played out of his mind in 2011. His was one of The Best ever regular seasons by a QB. In the playoffs however, Aaron Rodgers collapsed against the #27 ranked defense and Eli Manning had one of The Best post seasons by a QB ever that year.Aaron played at a higher level than Eli did during 2011 regular season but didn't even approach Eli in the postseason.
    Throwing for 260 yards and rushing for another 60 is collapsing? Lol. Also, the defense played great in the post season no matter what they where ranked in the regular season.

  3. #313
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    This brings me to my next point. Here, someone brings up evidence and facts in order to support his claim in the rodgers vs eli in the playoffs debate.

    Here is the counter argument to the quoted statement above. i will highlight the facts in bold and type the conclusion in blue.

    (Rodgers and The packers offense has averaged better numbers than Eli and the giants offense in the post season. (Fact)

    The Giants defense on average has given up a lot less points than the packers defense in the post season. (Fact)

    Since Eli has won more playoff games he is better than Rodgers in the post season.)

    This is the logic being used in order to counter the quoted argument.



    The giants offense scored 20 points against the 49ers in the playoffs and Eli won.
    Green bay's offense scored 31 points against the 49ers in the playoffs and Rodgers lost.

    Here is the part most of you leave out.

    The giants defense gave up 17 points.
    The packers defense gave up 45 points.

    I think the eli vs peyton, brees and brady in the post season argument is fine. i'm just not convinced that eli plays better than Rodgers in the post season.
    Of course you're not because it goes against your agenda. You are comparing games against 49ers in playoffs that are a year apart and with different QBs for 49ers. The pace of the 49ers game plan is different with Colin Kapernick at QB than it is with Alex Smith so it really is not all that comparable. You know this. You also know that playing against different teams and at a pace will call for different overall scores. You know a lot and make good points but try and keep your debate logical.

    It really doesn't matter what the heck the debate is because the thing that does count is that Eli Manning is without a doubt a more successful QB in the post season than Aaron Rodgers is. It is hilarious that Aaron Rodgers collapsed against our defense in playoffs. I wish we could play against a garbage defense like the one we have because Eli would have a field day.
    Last edited by BuffyBlueII; 02-18-2013 at 12:00 PM.

  4. #314
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Throwing for 260 yards and rushing for another 60 is collapsing? Lol. Also, the defense played great in the post season no matter what they where ranked in the regular season.
    The defense played better than they did all season but weren't great.

    You can quote stats all you want to but anyone that watched that game knows how clear it was that Aaron missed some easy opportunities due to his "ELIesque" type of mistakes during that game. The level of poise that Eli Manning showed that post season is one that Aaron Rodgers simply did not exhibit. Joe Flacco exhibited this season but Aaron Rodgers didn't.

  5. #315
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    9,588
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    Of course you're not because it goes against your agenda. You are comparing games against 49ers in playoffs that are a year apart and with different QBs for 49ers. The pace of the 49ers game plan is different with Colin Kapernick at QB than it is with Alex Smith so it really is not all that comparable. You know this. You also know that playing against different teams and at a pace will call for different overall scores. So, try and keep your debate logical.It really doesn't matter what the heck the debate is because the thing that does count is that Eli Manning is without a doubt a more successful QB in the post season than Aaron Rodgers is. It is hilarious that Aaron Rodgers collapsed against our defense in playoffs. I wish we could play against a garbage defense like the one we have because Eli would have a field day.
    You clearly didn't watch he post season last year because the Giants defense was incredible.

  6. #316
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    9,588
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    The defense played better than they did all season but weren't great.You can quote stats all you want to but anyone that watched that game knows how clear it was that Aaron missed some easy opportunities due to his "ELIesque" type of mistakes during that game. The level of poise that Eli Manning showed that post season is one that Aaron Rodgers simply did not exhibit. Joe Flacco exhibited this season but Aaron Rodgers didn't.
    Right, so the fact Green Bay forgot how to tackle or defend a pass heaved up towards the end zone was great QB play right? Lol. The defense was great and there is no disputing that. It's a fact. They shut down everyone for 4 games including two of the top QB's in the league.

  7. #317
    All-Pro Tony Bruno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    6,641
    "You play to win the game"!!! So true even coming from this guy!!! What a loser!!!

  8. #318
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,130
    We lost the regular season finale against NE Patriots- 38-35 and it was obvious our defense couldn't hold NE Patriots in a fast paced type of game. So, in SuperBowl XLII, we went out and Eli Manning led the offense to a 9:59 record breaking longest opening drive in SuperBowl history that set the tone for the game. Obviously Tom Brady was on the sidelines during this time. NE Patriots didn't score till 2nd quarter and that was big for us. Now, by slowing the game down, the defense had time to focus and it also helped for them to regroup and focus. The defense played much better that day than they did in the previous meeting.

    I think Eli Manning played better in that game than the previous meeting. I don't even need to look them up but I can tell you that the stats wouldn't support my claim. However, the stats do not take a lot of factors in to account. The ability to help dictate that game that Eli Manning showed, particularly in 4th quarter is not going to show up in the stats. The stat argument only goes so far and it is fun but so many times it doesn't take into account the entire story.

  9. #319
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Right, so the fact Green Bay forgot how to tackle or defend a pass heaved up towards the end zone was great QB play right? Lol. The defense was great and there is no disputing that. It's a fact. They shut down everyone for 4 games including two of the top QB's in the league.
    You must mean the Hail Mary that Hakeem Nicks out jumped everyone for? That play was executed perfectly and pretty much broke Green Bay's back.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66S8rN2ih1A

    The defense was okay but nothing special. They gave up 17 points in 21 minutes in SuperBowl and were very lucky that NY Giants offense controlled TOP for 38 minutes.

  10. #320
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    9,588
    If the Giants defense does not play the way they did in both Super Bowl games they do not win. It's that simple. Of course the same could be said about Eli. That's why it's a team sport.

Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts