Closed Thread
Page 34 of 59 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
    All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    The play was executed perfectly and it happened. Our defense gave up 17 points in 21 minutes and only gave up 17 points because our offense held the ball for 38 minutes. We are lucky Wes Welker panicked and didn't catch that pass on the blown coverage by our "lights out" defense.
    Lol. Right. So when the Giants offense didn't score points and punted the ball back to the Patriots how did the Giants offense then get the ball back? Could it be great defense forcing turnovers and punts? That's exactly what it was. The defense also set the tone for the game by scoring the first points of the game. Also, both Super Bowls ended with the defense on the field. Oh, and that play was still lucky. He heaved t up and the defenders where not there. It was luck. If you want to bring up plays that never happened you might want to bring up the interception that never happened in the first Super Bowl as well.
    Last edited by Buddy333; 02-18-2013 at 02:14 PM.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    He did have an interception at the end of that game actually.
    At the end of a game that was practically over is not losing the game.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen46 View Post
    Yes, it's a team sport.

It's a team sport when the Giants win. It's "Eli's inconsistency" when the Giants lose.

It's a team sport when the Packers lose, and it's Rodgers' total awesomeness when the Packers win.

Got it.
    This here is my problem with most people who deem Eli as average.

It's the rationale/reasoning that's inconsistent and flawed. If one thinks Eli is average because of X, Y, and Z then that's fine, but it shouldn't apply to just him. Especially if another QB whom they are raving about does the same exact thing.
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    At the end of a game that was practically over is not losing the game.
    Oh, well I guess interceptions are fine then if it's not close.

All-Pro
    Well you said did he throw an interception, not did he throw it when the game wasn't over lol.
    Wrong. Did he have an interception at the end of a tight game? That's a lot different than throwing a meaningless interception and did NOT cost them the game.

Wrong. Did he have an interception at the end of a tight game? That's a lot different than throwing a meaningless interception and did NOT cost them the game.
    I re-edited my post.

All-Pro
    Oh, well I guess interceptions are fine then if it's not close.
    So an interception thrown at the end of a tight game that seals the deal is the same as an interception thrown at the end of a game being dominated by the other team? Ok.

All-Pro
    This here is my problem with most people who deem Eli as average.It's the rationale/reasoning that's inconsistent and flawed. If one thinks Eli is average because of X, Y, and Z then that's fine, but it shouldn't apply to just him. Especially if another QB whom they are raving about does the same exact thing.
    How did Rodgers do the same exact thing?

How did Rodgers do the same exact thing?
    Not just Rodgers, QB's in general.
    There's a double standard around here.

So an interception thrown at the end of a tight game that seals the deal is the same as an interception thrown at the end of a game being dominated by the other team? Ok.
    Can you highlight where I said it was the same thing? lol