Closed Thread
Page 35 of 59 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 590
  1. #341
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    9,588
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Oh, well I guess interceptions are fine then if it's not close.
    Here you go. What does this have to do with throwing an interception in a tight game?
    Last edited by Buddy333; 02-18-2013 at 01:39 PM.

  2. #342
    Here is one of your original points.

    Playing against different teams with different personnel is going to cause different points scored, points given up, game planning, etc.........etc..........

    Here is where you contradict yourself.

    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    You also fail to bring up that perhaps the biggest play for Green Bay Packers in SuperBowl XLV was a defensive one.
    Here is where you contradict yourself again.

    No matter how many times you want to claim it and how many times you quote stats, Eli Manning is a more successful post season QB than Aaron Rodgers is
    first you say you cant compare success by looking at how players play against different teams, and then you talk about 2 different super bowls with 4 different teams. And then you mention Eli being more successful in the post season. The majority of his success came from playing against different teams. You're not making any sense so you could throw this logic out the window.



    Your main point is invalid and you know it.
    Buffy, forget about me trying to make a point. Forget about all of that. Im not trying to make a point right now. What im doing is telling you a couple facts. Rodgers averaged more passing yards, more touchdowns, fewer interceptions, and more points in the post season than eli. His defense has also given up more points than Eli's defense.

    This is a fact, so it cant be debated. And you cant deny it because it is true. There is no way around it. You have to look at it face to face and accept it.

    If your counter argument is that the numbers dont tell the whole story then thats cool. i won't discuss it further. But don't contradict yourself or stray off of the facts. Address the facts first.
    Last edited by Marvelousmik; 02-18-2013 at 01:36 PM.
    Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

    ~Big Mike~


  3. #343
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    9,588
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Not just Rodgers, QB's in general.There's a double standard around here.
    How so? What game this year did Eli have a good game and the rest of the team let him down?

  4. #344
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    44,027
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    If the Giants defense does not play the way they did in both Super Bowl games they do not win. It's that simple. Of course the same could be said about Eli. That's why it's a team sport.
    You are trying to reason with a guy who can't be reasoned with.
    That's why I rarely respond to his posts anymore.

    Trust me....I've been there.......Let it go.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  5. #345
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Trap house
    Posts
    32,558
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    How so? What game this year did Eli have a good game and the rest of the team let him down?
    I don't like "let him down", but rather they didn't play up to expectations. I would say the first Cowboys game.

  6. #346
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    9,588
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    I don't like "let him down", but rather they didn't play up to expectations. I would say the first Cowboys game.
    Yeah, agree with that game. Any others? Just saying, that's one loss.

  7. #347
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Trap house
    Posts
    32,558
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Yeah, agree with that game. Any others? Just saying, that's one loss.
    Second Redskins game he didn't play bad. 20/33 280 yards no turnovers. Penalties, bad run defense, and lucky fumble touchdown killed us.

  8. #348
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    44,027
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Second Redskins game he didn't play bad. 20/33 280 yards no turnovers. Penalties, bad run defense, and lucky fumble touchdown killed us.
    While we played poorly in the secondary vs. Dallas, (Tryon was the real problem) we scored 17 points at home. Thats not a good performance.
    And in the second game we scored 16 points including several stalls in the red zone.
    The defense struggled in both games to an extent, but the offense didn't get it done either.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  9. #349
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    9,588
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Second Redskins game he didn't play bad. 20/33 280 yards no turnovers. Penalties, bad run defense, and lucky fumble touchdown killed us.
    Poor red zone offense did them in. Missed field goals. Wasn't really a bad game on his part though.
    Last edited by Buddy333; 02-18-2013 at 02:02 PM.

  10. #350
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Trap house
    Posts
    32,558
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Poor red zone offense did them in. Missed field goals. Wasn't really a bad game on his part though. Still, wasn't a great performance either.
    No it wasn't great, but he didn't put the team in harms way. That was definitely a team loss with uncharacteristic penalties and missed FG's.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts