Closed Thread
Page 36 of 59 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 360 of 590

Thread: ESPN, Herm Edwards Diss Eli

  1. #351
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Waffles > Pancakes
    Posts
    34,409
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    While we played poorly in the secondary vs. Dallas, (Tryon was the real problem) we scored 17 points at home. Thats not a good performance.And in the second game we scored 16 points including several stalls in the red zone.The defense struggled in both games to an extent, but the offense didn't get it done either.
    No I agree that the offense didn't do their part. I'm not really blaming anyone, but Eli wasn't why we lost.

    Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

  2. #352
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    9,845
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    No I agree that the offense didn't do their part. I'm not really blaming anyone, but Eli wasn't why we lost.
    Well not the only reason. See, last year you could say that the defense was letting him down and he carried the team. When hey where losing he was not taking the blame. This year was not the same. This started with saying here is a double standard when talking about Eli. There is not. When he is on he gets his due. Saying Rodgers didn't lose that game doesn't mean he gets a pass for poor play. He just didn't play that bad that game. The rest of his team did.

  3. #353
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    44,809
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    No I agree that the offense didn't do their part. I'm not really blaming anyone, but Eli wasn't why we lost.
    Eli is definitely not the reason we lost those games.

    No one player is ever the reason we lose a game.
    Get well soon 80.

  4. #354
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Lol. Right. So when the Giants offense didn't score points and punted the ball back to the Patriots how did the Giants offense then get the ball back? Could it be great defense forcing turnovers and punts? That's exactly what it was. The defense also set the tone for the game by scoring the first points of the game. Also, both Super Bowls ended with the defense on the field. Oh, and that play was still lucky. He heaved t up and the defenders where not there. It was luck. If you want to bring up plays that never happened you might want to bring up the interception that never happened in the first Super Bowl as well.
    Well, no way Assante Samuel catches that ball and stays in bounds for the pick.

    After NE Patriots scored 17 straight points on our "lights out" defense, Eli Manning led NY Giants offense downfield and methodically ate the clock to give our "lights out" defense a much needed rest. After their rest, they were able to step up their play and then Eli Manning led our offense on another methodical drive that ate the clock.

    Look at the play again, it is a triangle of receivers in the end zone and Hakeem gets position and jumps for the ball. The play executed perfectly and carried out exactly how it was supposed to be carried out.

    Our offense has had a lot of gaffes and this season no matter how we look at it, the main reason we didn't make the playoffs is because Eli Manning made some bad decisions in key situation, season changing situations. The throw late in the game against Philadelphia that took us out of Tynes range was huge in the how the division played out. Granted, our defense was horrible and we had some miserable play on offense but if Eli Manning had performed the way he did in 2011 or just in the 4th quarter the way he did in 2011, then we make the playoffs.

  5. #355
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    Here is one of your original points.




    Here is where you contradict yourself.



    Here is where you contradict yourself again.



    first you say you cant compare success by looking at how players play against different teams, and then you talk about 2 different super bowls with 4 different teams. And then you mention Eli being more successful in the post season. The majority of his success came from playing against different teams. You're not making any sense so you could throw this logic out the window.





    Buffy, forget about me trying to make a point. Forget about all of that. Im not trying to make a point right now. What im doing is telling you a couple facts. Rodgers averaged more passing yards, more touchdowns, fewer interceptions, and more points in the post season than eli. His defense has also given up more points than Eli's defense.

    This is a fact, so it cant be debated. And you cant deny it because it is true. There is no way around it. You have to look at it face to face and accept it.

    If your counter argument is that the numbers dont tell the whole story then thats cool. i won't discuss it further. But don't contradict yourself or stray off of the facts. Address the facts first.
    I have stated numerous times that numbers do not tell the entire story and you know I have stated this. I bring up different games with different teams in response to your invalid point.

    Now, lets hear from you, how Aaron Rodgers is a more successful post season QB than Eli Manning.

  6. #356
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    9,845
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    Well, no way Assante Samuel catches that ball and stays in bounds for the pick.After NE Patriots scored 17 straight points on our "lights out" defense, Eli Manning led NY Giants offense downfield and methodically ate the clock to give our "lights out" defense a much needed rest. After their rest, they were able to step up their play and then Eli Manning led our offense on another methodical drive that ate the clock.Look at the play again, it is a triangle of receivers in the end zone and Hakeem gets position and jumps for the ball. The play executed perfectly and carried out exactly how it was supposed to be carried out.Our offense has had a lot of gaffes and this season no matter how we look at it, the main reason we didn't make the playoffs is because Eli Manning made some bad decisions in key situation, season changing situations. The throw late in the game against Philadelphia that took us out of Tynes range was huge in the how the division played out. Granted, our defense was horrible and we had some miserable play on offense but if Eli Manning had performed the way he did in 2011 or just in the 4th quarter the way he did in 2011, then we make the playoffs.
    So the offense dominated the Super Bowl last year by scoring two TD's?

  7. #357
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Eli is definitely not the reason we lost those games.

    No one player is ever the reason we lose a game.
    No but his bad decision making this season did cost us in key situations that had season changing effects. I think he goes back to 2011 form in 2013, or at least I hope he does.

    It is a team sport and we win as a team. However, we go how Eli goes.

  8. #358
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    44,809
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    So the offense dominated the Super Bowl last year by scoring two TD's?
    In today's NFL, 2 TD's is a mediocre half.
    Get well soon 80.

  9. #359
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    So the offense dominated the Super Bowl last year by scoring two TD's?
    Our offense dictated the pace of the game by keeping Tom Brady off the field for 38 minutes. Heck, Eli was screaming for Ahmad Bradshaw not to take it into endzone in order to eat up the clock. Eli Manning was brilliant in how he led our offense to controlling that game.

  10. #360
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    9,845
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    Our offense dictated the pace of the game by keeping Tom Brady off the field for 38 minutes. Heck, Eli was screaming for Ahmad Bradshaw not to take it into endzone in order to eat up the clock. Eli Manning was brilliant in how he led our offense to controlling that game.
    The defense shut the Patriots out for the remaining 26+ minutes of the game while the offense stalled numerous times. They both won the game. Stop trying to make it like the offense dominated that game. They scored 19 points with one of those being set up by the defense after the Safety.

Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts