Closed Thread
Page 37 of 59 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 590

Thread: ESPN, Herm Edwards Diss Eli

  1. #361
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    9,407
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    In today's NFL, 2 TD's is a mediocre half.
    Around here it makes you Joe Montana.

  2. #362
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    43,191
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    The defense shut the Patriots out for the remaining 26+ minutes of the game while the offense stalled numerous times. They both won the game. Stop trying to make it like the offense dominated that game. They scored 19 points with one of those being set up by the defense after the Safety.
    I told you Buddy...you are wasting your time. You could prove something with absolute proof and he will continue to deny.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  3. #363
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    The defense shut the Patriots out for the remaining 26+ minutes of the game while the offense stalled numerous times. They both won the game. Stop trying to make it like the offense dominated that game. They scored 19 points with one of those being set up by the defense after the Safety.
    The 2nd half where our offense had the ball for the majority of it and scored a touchdown and 2 field goals. Our "lights out" defense did a great job of purposely blowing the coverage on Wes Welker so he would panic and miss an easy catch.Yeah, that was all defense on that one.

    How many balls did Tom Brady's receivers drop? Funny how in regard to Aaron Rodgers, it is his receivers that let him down and that is why he played bad but in regard to Tom Brady's receivers dropping balls it is because of our "1986 Big Blue Wrecking Crew" type of defense and he played bad because he is slipping. Yeah, I got it now. I know exactly where you are coming from.

  4. #364
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    9,407
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    The 2nd half where our offense had the ball for the majority of it and scored a touchdown and 2 field goals. Our "lights out" defense did a great job of purposely blowing the coverage on Wes Welker so he would panic and miss an easy catch.Yeah, that was all defense on that one.How many balls did Tom Brady's receivers drop? Funny how in regard to Aaron Rodgers, it is his receivers that let him down and that is why he played bad but in regard to Tom Brady's receivers dropping balls it is because of our "1986 Big Blue Wrecking Crew" type of defense and he played bad because he is slipping. Yeah, I got it now. I know exactly where you are coming from.
    They where shut out for the last 26+ minutes and if you want to bring up missed opportunities remember the almost intercepted pass Eli threw in 2007 without claiming you know he would not have kept his feet in. Brady did actually do jinks to lose that game. He threw he ball away giving the Giants the Safety and setting them up with the ball afterwards. He also threw an interception late in a close game. The game also ended with the DEFENSE on the field. Actually both Super Bowls did.

  5. #365
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,990
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    The 2nd half where our offense had the ball for the majority of it and scored a touchdown and 2 field goals. Our "lights out" defense did a great job of purposely blowing the coverage on Wes Welker so he would panic and miss an easy catch.Yeah, that was all defense on that one.

    How many balls did Tom Brady's receivers drop? Funny how in regard to Aaron Rodgers, it is his receivers that let him down and that is why he played bad but in regard to Tom Brady's receivers dropping balls it is because of our "1986 Big Blue Wrecking Crew" type of defense and he played bad because he is slipping. Yeah, I got it now. I know exactly where you are coming from.
    That was most certainly not an easy catch, Welker was slightly overthrown by Brady thanks to the pass rush. The defense played great down the stretch during our playoff runs in '07 and '11

  6. #366
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    In Cruz' Basement, Hiding
    Posts
    31,017
    If I may make a point regarding the Super Bowls against the Patriots. I was trolling their board the day after we won Super Bowl 46 (and I loved every second of it), and one of the questions was "Why can't we beat the Giants?" Someone brought up the point that we control the time of possession by running the ball and keeping Tom Brady off the field. Obviously it's just an opinion, but I thought it was interesting: http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-...ts-simple.html

  7. #367
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    Okay, this thread is starting to get a little out of hand and i think its time i try my best to bring a little order "logic wise". Now i know there has been a lot of sensitivity on here lately so please don't take anything i say the wrong way. I am not taking shots at anyone here. I'm just calling out where you're wrong. That being said, lets look at the most bizarre statement thus far.





    Lets all take a deep breath.... I'm serious. Inhale and exhale slowly. Then take a look at the numbers


    Eli: 61.0% completions, 4,949 totals yards, 29 touchdowns. 16 interceptions, 92.9 qb rating

    Rodgers:
    68.3% completions, 4,900 total yards, 46 touchdowns, 6 interceptions. 122.5 qb rating.

    Eli had a heck of a season give him credit. However, the only category where Eli came close to Rodgers in that year, was passing yards. But IF nearing someone in PASSING YARDS Alone means you played around their level then Matthew Stafford and Cam newton are 2 of the best QB's in the league.

    And i know there is the argument about the numbers dont tell the whole story and all of that blah blah blah but lets keep it real. Rodgers looked like a grown man playing with kids during the 2011 season. Rodgers had one of the best seasons in NFL history, he was voted by many of the players as not just the best QB of that year but as the best player, and he won MVP.

    now I am not going to say you're wrong here. I am just going to give you the benefit of the doubt and say you made an honest mistake. I understand you're trying to defend ELi, and nothing is wrong with that. All i ask is not just you, but we all keep things in a sensible manner. At least make it debatable.
    damn, those qbs posted those numbers head2head? thats a lot of yards/tds/ints for 2 games...

    and it my opinion, i was merely presenting it bc a poster was trying to diminish elis performance vs gb using the very reason he so often calls an excuse by giants fans when applying his point to eli...the reg season game id say was a draw, the playoff game, eli outplayed rodgers and aint no one gonna make me think otherwise. that first half, eli was connecting on 3rd and long repeatedly...he was making difficult throws 20 yards downfield or more with more accuracy and precision than rodgers was and it wasnt even close. therefore, i feel confident saying eli outplayed rodgers head2head...reg. season rodgers overall was better than eli but i factor in reg season/postseason when evaluating a year anyways were i to compare them on their yearly output

    classic edit too lmfao. u didnt understand my post at all and ur response actually got someone else to confuse something i thought was blatant with the whole "head2head" and then discussing ONLY the two games they played each other...but ok. ur original and then edited post IS what exactly starts **** with a lot of people, u misunderstood something than used ur misunderstanding to make it "the most bizarre post bc the threads getting out of hand"...

    the funny thing is, the 1rst time i actually click "unhide post from ignored user" is that edited gem lmao not making that mistake twice (i prob will)
    Last edited by giantsfan420; 02-18-2013 at 04:08 PM.

  8. #368
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,130
    Quote Originally Posted by ShakeandBake View Post
    That was most certainly not an easy catch, Welker was slightly overthrown by Brady thanks to the pass rush. The defense played great down the stretch during our playoff runs in '07 and '11
    If Wes Welker doesn't panic and try and pirouette then that ball hits him in stride.

  9. #369
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    They where shut out for the last 26+ minutes and if you want to bring up missed opportunities remember the almost intercepted pass Eli threw in 2007 without claiming you know he would not have kept his feet in. Brady did actually do jinks to lose that game. He threw he ball away giving the Giants the Safety and setting them up with the ball afterwards. He also threw an interception late in a close game. The game also ended with the DEFENSE on the field. Actually both Super Bowls did.
    No way Assante makes that pick and gets his feet inbounds. It is a good thing Tom Brady didn't get the ball back with more time on the clock because he probably would have scored on our "lights out" defense.

  10. #370
    Quote Originally Posted by gmen46 View Post
    Yes, it's a team sport.

    It's a team sport when the Giants win. It's "Eli's inconsistency" when the Giants lose.

    It's a team sport when the Packers lose, and it's Rodgers' total awesomeness when the Packers win.

    Got it.
    pretty much. he def. displayed that this thread at the least.

Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts