Closed Thread
Page 41 of 59 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 410 of 590
  1. #401
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    ..Jokes? I think you're mistakened.
    damn, thats messed up then. You really run people over?
    Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

    ~Big Mike~


  2. #402
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    In your kitchen.
    Posts
    33,017
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    damn, thats messed up then. You really run people over?
    All the time.

    Please support.

  3. #403
    Wow, these many pages again huh?

    The "elite" term is so overrated. For all intents and purposes though, I believe Eli is elite but then my criteria only includes being clutch, winning Super Bowls and being named Super Bowl MVP more than once. As a fan, winning the Super Bowl is all the stats that matter to me. If people accept the fact that we traded for Eli not for his gaudy stats, but for his big-game, gutsy and clutch performance, then all this elite crap does not really matter. The biggest game did not daunt him, he went against the best regular season team ever and we robbed the Patriots of their perfect season. He took a team who was outscored all season long with a 9-7 record and last in rushing and pass blocking to the Super Bowl for crying out loud! If you could not appreciate that, then nothing will.

    We will find out if he's truly elite or not if/when he gets in to the HOF, which is quite a long time from now. In any case, I'm very grateful for the 2 Super Bowl MVP performance he delivered. Thank you very much!

  4. #404
    Quote Originally Posted by AllHailEli View Post
    Wow, these many pages again huh?

    The "elite" term is so overrated. For all intents and purposes though, I believe Eli is elite but then my criteria only includes being clutch, winning Super Bowls and being named Super Bowl MVP more than once. As a fan, winning the Super Bowl is all the stats that matter to me. If people accept the fact that we traded for Eli not for his gaudy stats, but for his big-game, gutsy and clutch performance, then all this elite crap does not really matter. The biggest game did not daunt him, he went against the best regular season team ever and we robbed the Patriots of their perfect season. He took a team who was outscored all season long with a 9-7 record and last in rushing and pass blocking to the Super Bowl for crying out loud! If you could not appreciate that, then nothing will.

    We will find out if he's truly elite or not if/when he gets in to the HOF, which is quite a long time from now. In any case, I'm very grateful for the 2 Super Bowl MVP performance he delivered. Thank you very much!
    this is a great post. and so true that people should remember a bit more often that we traded for eli, specifically too it wasnt blind luck, EA literally singled that aspect out in scouting him; his ability to play his best in the biggest of moments and to elevate everyone around him...if that turns into 2 epic SB MVPs, I'd say mission accomplished with 7-8 yrs left to go...its what people put stock in individually, its what ive always maintained really. some people, well i should say the majority in todays FF era, seemingly value statistical regular season performances equally with leading a team to SBs...while some people value and grade a qb on how he plays, not the numbers his play produces...

  5. #405
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    The helmet catch took away from the real story of that SB. Our pass rush. That Pats O line was invincible all season and we absolutely abused them.
    I give Brady great credit because he continued to stand tall in the pocket and take a lot of hits. But he hadn't seen that kind of pressure all season.
    I really do hate that helmet catch play for the exact same reason. Our dline kicked their butt.

  6. #406
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    44,289
    Quote Originally Posted by AllHailEli View Post
    Wow, these many pages again huh?

    The "elite" term is so overrated. For all intents and purposes though, I believe Eli is elite but then my criteria only includes being clutch, winning Super Bowls and being named Super Bowl MVP more than once. As a fan, winning the Super Bowl is all the stats that matter to me. If people accept the fact that we traded for Eli not for his gaudy stats, but for his big-game, gutsy and clutch performance, then all this elite crap does not really matter. The biggest game did not daunt him, he went against the best regular season team ever and we robbed the Patriots of their perfect season. He took a team who was outscored all season long with a 9-7 record and last in rushing and pass blocking to the Super Bowl for crying out loud! If you could not appreciate that, then nothing will.

    We will find out if he's truly elite or not if/when he gets in to the HOF, which is quite a long time from now. In any case, I'm very grateful for the 2 Super Bowl MVP performance he delivered. Thank you very much!
    Eli is one of those guys that there will be debate about long after his career is over. Long after he does or doesn't get into the Hall.
    His beta is just too high not to spur debate. When he's good he's very good. When he's bad he looks like a high school rookie.
    If you think the Hall vote will end the debate, you are kidding yourself.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  7. #407
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Eli is one of those guys that there will be debate about long after his career is over. Long after he does or doesn't get into the Hall.
    His beta is just too high not to spur debate. When he's good he's very good. When he's bad he looks like a high school rookie.
    If you think the Hall vote will end the debate, you are kidding yourself.
    2 SB MVP. There really isn't anything to debate about now.

  8. #408
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    44,289
    Quote Originally Posted by EliDaMANning View Post
    2 SB MVP. There really isn't anything to debate about now.
    Stop it.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  9. #409
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Eli is one of those guys that there will be debate about long after his career is over. Long after he does or doesn't get into the Hall.
    His beta is just too high not to spur debate. When he's good he's very good. When he's bad he looks like a high school rookie.
    If you think the Hall vote will end the debate, you are kidding yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by EliDaMANning View Post
    2 SB MVP. There really isn't anything to debate about now.
    I'm going to assume this to be interpreted as, "Forget you. I'm always going to think Eli is the best no matter what his stats or anything shows." And I have total respect for that. I'm this way towards Marino. He's always going to be the best that ever played in my book. And i don't care if anyone else says otherwise. But, at least acknowledge that you're putting your head in the sand.

  10. #410
    Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    I'm going to assume this to be interpreted as, "Forget you. I'm always going to think Eli is the best no matter what his stats or anything shows." And I have total respect for that. I'm this way towards Marino. He's always going to be the best that ever played in my book. And i don't care if anyone else says otherwise. But, at least acknowledge that you're putting your head in the sand.
    or he can mean it as, "every other qb with 2 sb mvps is in the HoF"...once he did that, he joined like the superest elite group there is really...

    edit-in fact, i've seen imo credible analysts report that if for nothing else, even if he isnt 100% justified in a HoF selection, the 2 SB MVPs guarantee he makes it...
    Last edited by giantsfan420; 02-19-2013 at 11:56 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts