Closed Thread
Page 42 of 59 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
    All-Pro
    The two MVP's will get him in but does it make him a better QB?

Herm Edwards picked the Eagles to win the Super Bowl this past season and the one before that. Those takes alone are fireable offenses. These ANALysts are white noise to me. Seriously, I don't mind him not having Eli Manning amongst his elite. The analogy was a poor one though. I heard this when it came on and even Colin thought he was kind of crazy for his take.
    Close or you hit the bricks

Eli threads on here make for some interesting reading.
    Close or you hit the bricks

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    The two MVP's will get him in but does it make him a better QB?
    Eli is not better than Brady, Rodgers, Peyton, or Brees. Statistically he is not. I know some will want to debate that but it's a no brainer. I think a lot of people look at Eli and say while his play can be questionable at times, he delivers and rises to the occasion when the time comes. Whether you think that's "elite" or not is extremely subjective. Me personally, stats are cool and they certaintly help the "elite" cause.
    Last edited by Rudyy; 02-19-2013 at 12:40 PM.

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    or he can mean it as, "every other qb with 2 sb mvps is in the HoF"...once he did that, he joined like the superest elite group there is really...

edit-in fact, i've seen imo credible analysts report that if for nothing else, even if he isnt 100% justified in a HoF selection, the 2 SB MVPs guarantee he makes it...
    When talking about "debating" Eli, it wasn't just talking about the HoF. It also encompasses everything else. If he's elite. If he's better than etc. If he's good. If he's bad. You're right. He probably will make the HoF based on # of SBs alone. But the debate will rage on. When and if he does make it in, the debate will be if he should be in it. If he doesn't become more consistent and more convincing to everyone else, the debate will always continue.

But hey, for me as long as we win, i don't care either way.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Eli is not better than Brady, Rodgers, Peyton, or Brees. Statistically he is not. I know some will want to debate that but it's a no brainer. I think a lot of people look at Eli and say while his play can be questionable at times, he delivers and rises to the occasion when the time comes. Whether you think that's "elite" or not is extremely subjective. Me personally, stats are cool and they certaintly help the "elite" cause.
    He has come through at the two biggest times of his career. The only knock is that maybe he could have more of those moments with more consistency.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    He is not better than Brady, Rodgers or his brother and Brees of a few years ago. That means only 2 QB's today are clearly better. If you want to make the cut line at 2 QB's then Eli is not in the conversation.

My cut line is at the top 5 quarterbacks, in the NFL who you would want your team to start tomorrow in a big game. I have often said that Eli is in and out of that group but as a Giants fan I wouldn't want anyone else.
    No one remembers who came in second.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    He is not better than Brady, Rodgers or his brother and Brees of a few years ago. That means only 2 QB's today are clearly better. If you want to make the cut line at 2 QB's then Eli is not in the conversation. My cut line is at the top 5 quarterbacks, in the NFL who you would want your team to start tomorrow in a big game. I have often said that Eli is in and out of that group but as a Giants fan I wouldn't want anyone else.
    Only two better? He was far from being a top ten this year and all those mentioned are still better today.

lol wow this thread is still going? I stopped at page 2 (and my pages are 40 comments each, so the total thread length for me is 11 pages right now)

i don't care what Herm says about anything or anybody......
    he was the original "miracle in the meadowlands" which broke my heart.
    i will always hate him for that.
    Last edited by stormblue; 02-19-2013 at 02:31 PM.
    when the aliens finally come to conquer us ....
    i hope that their weapons of choice are Gibsons and Fenders