Closed Thread
Page 43 of 59 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 430 of 590

Thread: ESPN, Herm Edwards Diss Eli

  1. #421
    All-Pro Drez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    13,612
    Quote Originally Posted by egyptian420 View Post
    lol wow this thread is still going? I stopped at page 2 (and my pages are 40 comments each, so the total thread length for me is 11 pages right now)
    This thread would have been about 15-20 comments long had not MS started with his cultist crap. It would have consisted of a handful of people saying that Edwards is a moron, and that would have been that. But, MS is a crusader. It's his life goal to instigate anyone that dares speak ill of anyone that speaks ill of Eli.

  2. #422
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    43,873
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    This thread would have been about 15-20 comments long had not MS started with his cultist crap. It would have consisted of a handful of people saying that Edwards is a moron, and that would have been that. But, MS is a crusader. It's his life goal to instigate anyone that dares speak ill of anyone that speaks ill of Eli.
    I dismiss the first part of your post and embrace the second half.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  3. #423
    All-Pro gmen46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Boulder, CO
    Posts
    5,954
    Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    I think you're a tad too sensitive when it comes to Eli. There are plenty of times when we win the game despite Eli playing inconsistent. I'll say something along the lines of Eli played terrible the first half but awesome the second. I wish he would be consistent. Then people get all pissy saying, "wtf man, we won! Eli hater!"

    My point being. There are plenty of times when Eli's inconsistent play has been brought up - even during wins or good times.
    It's not that I'm a bit too sensitive when it comes to Eli (though I do find myself feeling the need to defend him at times against some Giants fans' irrelevant silly critiques).

    It's the rampant hypocrisy that permeates debates about him when comparing him to other QBs that gets me.

    Like, "Rodgers did nothing wrong when his packers lost to us in the 2011 playoff game--it was their defense lost that game, it was not Eli's performance (+ our defense) that won it", or in the 2007 SB, our defense (which DID play outstanding that game, I agree) won that game--should have been named MVP instead of Eli--not Eli's performance".

    I don't find it necessary or valid to demean Rodgers' performance in the playoff game vs us (and to do so diminishes the Giants' performance that game, doesn't it?), but given that the Packers' defense was near the bottom of the league all season, and given they were 15-1 WITH that defense, it seems silly to blame their loss on "bad defense" in that particular game.

    I just think all those who place so much emphasis upon Eli's notorious "inconsistency" miss the point of what makes a particular QB crucial to a particular team's success, especially given the Giants overall success during Eli's time with the club, so far.

  4. #424
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Trap house
    Posts
    32,104
    Quote Originally Posted by gmen46 View Post
    It's not that I'm a bit too sensitive when it comes to Eli (though I do find myself feeling the need to defend him at times against some Giants fans' irrelevant silly critiques).

    It's the rampant hypocrisy that permeates debates about him when comparing him to other QBs that gets me.

    Like, "Rodgers did nothing wrong when his packers lost to us in the 2011 playoff game--it was their defense lost that game, it was not Eli's performance (+ our defense) that won it", or in the 2007 SB, our defense (which DID play outstanding that game, I agree) won that game--should have been named MVP instead of Eli--not Eli's performance".

    I don't find it necessary or valid to demean Rodgers' performance in the playoff game vs us (and to do so diminishes the Giants' performance that game, doesn't it?), but given that the Packers' defense was near the bottom of the league all season, and given they were 15-1 WITH that defense, it seems silly to blame their loss on "bad defense" in that particular game.

    I just think all those who place so much emphasis upon Eli's notorious "inconsistency" miss the point of what makes a particular QB crucial to a particular team's success, especially given the Giants overall success during Eli's time with the club, so far.
    The reason why that is, is because they play "well" while losing. In other words, they look good while losing, so it's okay. As long as you look good doing it.

  5. #425
    Quote Originally Posted by gmen46 View Post
    It's not that I'm a bit too sensitive when it comes to Eli (though I do find myself feeling the need to defend him at times against some Giants fans' irrelevant silly critiques).

    It's the rampant hypocrisy that permeates debates about him when comparing him to other QBs that gets me.

    Like, "Rodgers did nothing wrong when his packers lost to us in the 2011 playoff game--it was their defense lost that game, it was not Eli's performance (+ our defense) that won it", or in the 2007 SB, our defense (which DID play outstanding that game, I agree) won that game--should have been named MVP instead of Eli--not Eli's performance".

    I don't find it necessary or valid to demean Rodgers' performance in the playoff game vs us (and to do so diminishes the Giants' performance that game, doesn't it?), but given that the Packers' defense was near the bottom of the league all season, and given they were 15-1 WITH that defense, it seems silly to blame their loss on "bad defense" in that particular game.

    I just think all those who place so much emphasis upon Eli's notorious "inconsistency" miss the point of what makes a particular QB crucial to a particular team's success, especially given the Giants overall success during Eli's time with the club, so far.
    I tend not to read the posts where it get's a little too crazy. I think there were a few in this thread where people were comparing who was a better post season QB. But, the hypocrisy lies on both ends of the spectrum. Although, I think Eli fan boys have a lot more of it.

    People like to say things are either black or white, when in reality it's gray. One such example is that when people say that the Defense deserved the 2007 MVP and not Eli. They aren't saying that Eli did nothing to win that game. What they are saying though is that the defense did more. While Eli and the offense played well, what the defense did that day was more impressive. But what Eli fan boys hear is, "Eli did nothing. The defense should get the MVP". Then there is this whole thing with the tipped INTs in 2010. Eli People put all the blame on the WRs for the drops when in reality the blame was on both Eli and WRs. Bad passes vs balls that should have been caught.

    When people say Eli's inconsistent, it really has no bearing on whether or not he's an effective, great, or good QB. It's just who he is. He has to SB victories and a resume that other QBs would die for. But until he fixes his inconsistency problems, he's going to be questioned time and time again.

  6. #426
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    The reason why that is, is because they play "well" while losing. In other words, they look good while losing, so it's okay. As long as you look good doing it.
    Hey. If a player plays well while losing, at least you know that that player is not the problem. Playing well consistently, win or lose, is everything.

  7. #427
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    9,583
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    The reason why that is, is because they play "well" while losing. In other words, they look good while losing, so it's okay. As long as you look good doing it.
    Can you say what he did so bad in that game? Was it his best game? No. Where there many other factors that played into them getting beat badly at home? Absolutely. His 260 yards passing and 60 yards rushing where NOT the reason they lost. Why is that so hard to understand? He did play well in a loss.

  8. #428
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    "False Propoganda" is redundant.
    You are redundant.

  9. #429
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    43,873
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    You are redundant.
    Could you be a little more creative in your retorts.
    If you are going to insult me, at least be funny.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  10. #430
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    Well if numbers dont tell the whole story, then we cant really discuss this because there would be no facts to back up what we say. I dont have game footage to show you. I guess we will just have to agree to disagree. If the numbers were not in the favor of my argument, i might have also used the "ummm well, you know the numbers dont always tell the truth" line as well. Its like a get out of jail free card. well played.
    Another nice try on your part but you fail once again. I have stated that numbers do not always tell the whole story long before your post.

Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts