Closed Thread
Page 55 of 59 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast
    All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by EliDaMANning View Post
    I've seen games where Rodgers played poorly and the Packers still won. NGCG against he Bears comes to mind. I can't imagine the Giants winning any playoff game if Eli plays poorly.
    First, he didn't play that bad against the Bears. Second, that has nothing to do with the question. The point was that a QB can play a good game and his team still losses. Doesn't mean the outcome is good, but not the QB's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    First, he didn't play that bad against the Bears. Second, that has nothing to do with the question. The point was that a QB can play a good game and his team still losses. Doesn't mean the outcome is good, but not the QB's fault.
    MY point is, Rodgers got his SB riding his defense even more so than Eli did in his 2 SB wins. That's a fact. Rodgers cannot win a SB without a terrific defense. That's a fact as well.

All-Pro
    Lol. How did you come up with that? By the way, Eli would not have a ring let alone two had it not been for the defense. That's not to say they didn't need him. He came up huge at the end of both games and played solid throughout.
    Last edited by Buddy333; 02-21-2013 at 09:36 AM.

Banned
    MY point is, Rodgers got his SB riding his defense even more so than Eli did in his 2 SB wins. That's a fact. Rodgers cannot win a SB without a terrific defense. That's a fact as well.
    +1

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    Deep down i think rodgers is the best qb in the nfl. I really want to say tom brady, and i almost feel guilty not saying it, but ive seen games where tom played horrible. Same goes for brees, ben, flaco, and peyton. i have never seen a game where rodgers played horrible giving all the circumstances. (not saying he hasnt). But i am yet to see one. Ive seen him miss throws while not under pressure like every qb has. hes only human. But i cant remember ever watching a game and saying rodgers played like crap. i remember being shocked when webster intercepted a pass from him because rodgers rarely turns the ball over.

This year he had 39 touchdowns and 8 interceptions. last year 46 touchdowns 6 interceptions. for the last 4 years no one has played the qb position better than rodgers has.

my list goes rodgers brady, peyton, brees, eli.

I agree with you about eli playing great in the post season. Id take eli in the post season over any qb in the nfl except for rodgers. and again. thats because ive yet to see him play horrible..
    I have to disagree with your points about Rodgers playing badly and about him being best in NFL. In the playoff game against us, Aaron Rodgers played poorly. He had key turnovers and missed almost sure TDs that an ELIte post season QB has to make. He played rattled for a good chunk of that game and it showed. I know folks will continue to go on and on about their defense but that defense was good enough to lead the league in take aways and to help the team go 15-1 during the regular season. Granted, Aaron Rodgers doesn't throw many picks but he also gets sacked quite a bit and although it is preferable to take the sack over giving up the pick, he often takes the sack when he could throw the ball away.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    +1
    What?
    The Packers averaged more than 30 points/game with Rodgers in their SB run.
    What in God's name are you talking about?

We have never come close to that with Eli in any playoff year. As a matter of fact, we've averaged less than 20 points in Eli's playoff games.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    I have to disagree with your points about Rodgers playing badly and about him being best in NFL. In the playoff game against us, Aaron Rodgers played poorly. He had key turnovers and missed almost sure TDs that an ELIte post season QB has to make. He played rattled for a good chunk of that game and it showed. I know folks will continue to go on and on about their defense but that defense was good enough to lead the league in take aways and to help the team go 15-1 during the regular season. Granted, Aaron Rodgers doesn't throw many picks but he also gets sacked quite a bit and although it is preferable to take the sack over giving up the pick, he often takes the sack when he could throw the ball away.
    Lol. He has thrown 70 more TD's in the past 2 seasons than interceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Lol. How did you come up with that? By the way, Eli would not have a ring let alone two had it not been for the defense. That's not to say they didn't need him. He came up huge at the end of both games and played solid throughout.
    And if he played like Rodgers did against the Bears when he won, the Giants would have had 0 rings.

All-Pro
    And if he played like Rodgers did against the Bears when he won, the Giants would have had 0 rings.
    Why is that? He didn't play nearly as bad as you are making it to be. They pretty much dominated that game on both sides of the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    What?
    The Packers averaged more than 30 points/game with Rodgers in their SB run.
    What in God's name are you talking about?

We have never come close to that with Eli in any playoff year. As a matter of fact, we've averaged less than 20 points in Eli's playoff games.
    He also threw 2 picks with no TD against the Bears in his SB run. If Eli did that in any game in his 2 SB runs, the Giants would have lost.