Closed Thread
Page 56 of 59 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast
Results 551 to 560 of 590

Thread: ESPN, Herm Edwards Diss Eli

  1. #551
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    I have to disagree with your points about Rodgers playing badly and about him being best in NFL. In the playoff game against us, Aaron Rodgers played poorly. He had key turnovers and missed almost sure TDs that an ELIte post season QB has to make. He played rattled for a good chunk of that game and it showed. I know folks will continue to go on and on about their defense but that defense was good enough to lead the league in take aways and to help the team go 15-1 during the regular season. Granted, Aaron Rodgers doesn't throw many picks but he also gets sacked quite a bit and although it is preferable to take the sack over giving up the pick, he often takes the sack when he could throw the ball away.
    That was one of the better qb performances ive ever seen. I remember getting pissed because anytime our d line would get pressure (which was almost constant) rodgers would evade rushers, make people miss and scramble for a positive pick up. It was frustrating to watch because our defense was shutting them down, but because of the lack of contain by our d line on passing downs, the packers were able to stay in the game.

    Rodgers make some mistakes but he was the sole reason they were able to stay in that game.
    Last edited by Marvelousmik; 02-21-2013 at 02:18 PM.
    Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

    ~Big Mike~


  2. #552
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    44,809
    Quote Originally Posted by EliDaMANning View Post
    And if he played like Rodgers did against the Bears when he won, the Giants would have had 0 rings.
    Do you remember the weather in that game?
    Get well soon 80.

  3. #553
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    That was one of the better qb performances ive ever seen. I remember getting pissed because anytime our d line would get pressure (which was almost constant) rodgers would evade rushers, make people miss and scramble for a positive pick up. It was frustrating to watch because our defense was shutting them down, but because of the lack of contain by our d line on passing downs, the packers were able to stay in the game.Rodgers make some mistakes but he was the sole reason they were able to stay in that game.
    If it weren't for some very questionable calls, we would've won that game 44 to 6. Aaron Rodgers was flustered that game and it cost them because his erratic play that day affected the rest of his team.

  4. #554

  5. #555
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    9,848
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    If it weren't for some very questionable calls, we would've won that game 44 to 6. Aaron Rodgers was flustered that game and it cost them because his erratic play that day affected the rest of his team.
    Lol. Now that's funny.

  6. #556
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Lol. Now that's funny.
    Yeah, okay. Aaron Rodgers played brilliantly in the playoff game against us and his defense was so poor that we beat. Aaron crumbled under the pressure of our "lights out" defense and Eli just got lucky with every pass he threw. Heck, we were so lucky for our incredible defense that Eli should give back the MVP trophies.

  7. #557
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    44,809
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    Yeah, okay. Aaron Rodgers played brilliantly in the playoff game against us and his defense was so poor that we beat. Aaron crumbled under the pressure of our "lights out" defense and Eli just got lucky with every pass he threw. Heck, we were so lucky for our incredible defense that Eli should give back the MVP trophies.
    Now was that so hard?
    Get well soon 80.

  8. #558
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Now was that so hard?

    lol.....I guess I should've put it in red. Now MS, please put the lotion in the basket.

  9. #559
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    If it weren't for some very questionable calls, we would've won that game 44 to 6. Aaron Rodgers was flustered that game .
    i agree with this 110%

    Those calls were horrible and that was also a huge reason that game wasnt a blow out. our d line definitely flustered rodgers and forced him into some bad passes.

    But thats why i respect rodgers so much. the way our o line played against the 49ers in the playoffs last year is the way rodgers o line plays almost all the time yet he still finds ways to keep them in the game. there is a reason he is one the most sacked qbs in the NFL. Rodgers has never in his career had a good Offensive line. And in spite of that over the last 4 years he has put up the best numbers. Stats are very misleading, but that tells you something.

    Basically, the reason i think Rodgers is the best qb is because i think his circumstances are the toughest to deal with. from getting booed when he tried to replace a legend, to winning a superbowl and having one of the best seasons a qb has ever had in nfl history. There is no qb in the nfl who can have success with a bad pass blocking o line except for Rodgers. Yes Our O line has played bad at times but its no where compared to as bad as the packers. the packers bears and eagles have some of the worst offensive lines ive seen pass blocking.



    this is not a rodgers vs eli thing. its more of a rodgers vs the rest of the qbs in the nfl thing. i just think he is the best right now.

    I dont think rodgers has a weakness. Hes great throwing on the run. he can scramble if contain breaks down. he has one of the strongest arms and is very accurate, and he has one of the lowest if not, the lowest turnover ratio in the NFL. I dont see much weakness in his game to be honest.
    Last edited by Marvelousmik; 02-21-2013 at 04:17 PM.
    Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

    ~Big Mike~


  10. #560
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    9,848
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    Yeah, okay. Aaron Rodgers played brilliantly in the playoff game against us and his defense was so poor that we beat. Aaron crumbled under the pressure of our "lights out" defense and Eli just got lucky with every pass he threw. Heck, we were so lucky for our incredible defense that Eli should give back the MVP trophies.
    The defense was incredible in the post season. Saying they where not is just denial. Everyone team needs a little luck, no shame in that. Rodgers was far from the reason why they lost the past two seasons in the post season.

Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts