Closed Thread
Page 58 of 59 FirstFirst ... 84856575859 LastLast

Thread: ESPN, Herm Edwards Diss Eli

Banned
    Saying the defence played "oustanding" is a bit of a stretch. They played a good game, but nothing spectacular like SB 42. Aside from the safety and the series to end the game, the Patriots had a total of 7 possessions. Simply looking at the 17 points given up can be misleading. The defence blew the coverage on the welker incompletion, but not allowing the pats to score when they were up 17-12 and 17-15 kept the game within reach.

You cannot give up 16 straight completions and play "oustanding".

Veteran
    retirement home in Dallas (my son married a Texas gal. Woe is me)
    El has 2 more rings than Herm does. And Herm has been in the NFL for 30 years.
    He's just a jealous fool
    /thread

Veteran
    im surprised he didn't bring up the miracle at the meadowlands while he was at it lol

Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    Stating they played outstanding is ridiculous. Funny how you bring up the drops Rodgers receivers had but the receivers for Brady don't count? The defense was on the field to end the game but were very lucky Tom Brady and NE Patriots offense didn't have much time.
    The entire Eli crowd drives me nuts.
    I had a discussion with them a few months ago where they claimed that the pass wasn't on Welker but on Brady...thus making the point that Brady isn't that good thus meaning that Eli is as good as Brady.
    NOW..
    We now have a member of Team Eli making the case that Welker dropped the pass, thus meaning our defense sucked, thus meaning that Eli carried the defense in that game.

I truly love you guys and your collective desperation. .....It never ends.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I had a discussion with them a few months ago where they claimed that the pass wasn't on Welker but on Brady...thus making the point that Brady isn't that good thus meaning that Eli is as good as Brady.
    NOW..
    We now have a member of Team Eli making the case that Welker dropped the pass, thus meaning our defense sucked, thus meaning that Eli carried the defense in that game.

And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin

Banned
    NOW..

He was simply stating the defense wasn't outstanding. Considering they allowed 16 straight completions it isn't far fetched.

You are reading things that aren't there and are basically attacking a straw man argument.

Good job.

Quote Originally Posted by 4thand1 View Post
    He was simply stating the defense wasn't outstanding. Considering they allowed 16 straight completions it isn't far fetched.

You are reading things that aren't there and are basically attacking a straw man argument.

Good job.
    Thanks for the love.

Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    Obsession?....You mean like following me around on the MB continually saying this?

I get it.

Morehead will fight the power. Morehead will oppose tyranny where ever he sees it until the wrongs are made right.

You don't like it?...... don't read my posts.

Banned
    Take your own advice then. Don't like the pro Eli comments? Don't read them.

Obsession?....You mean like following me around on the MB continually saying this?

I get it.

Morehead will fight the power. Morehead will oppose tyranny where ever he sees it until the wrongs are made right.

Now, where's the fun in THAT, I ask you?

I'd rather just obsess on your obsession if it's all the same to you. At least until draft day.

For the record.....I am not "following" you around. One only has to open a 26 page Eli thread to find you and your 13 pages worth of posts.
    Last edited by FBomb; 02-24-2013 at 12:29 PM.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin

Closed Thread