Closed Thread
Page 8 of 59 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: ESPN, Herm Edwards Diss Eli

Who cares what Edwards said? Eli is good enough for the New York Giants and that is all that counts.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    He's right about one thing. You can't have 8 QBs who are "elite" "the top gusn" or whatever the hell you want to name it. Everything is relative to one another.
    I disagree with that.

So, let's say that there's 8 guys at the combine that run between a 4.23 and a 4.28 40. I think we can all agree that sub 4.3 is elite speed, no? So, only the few guys that ran between 4.23 and 4.25 now can be considered to have elite speed?

All-Pro
    who the hell is herm edwards.....

He's right about one thing. You can't have 8 QBs who are "elite" "the top gusn" or whatever the hell you want to name it. Everything is relative to one another.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    What?........A poster is actually talking about what he said on the merit and not just attacking the guy saying it?

What's wrong with you? You must spew hate or get off the Giants MB!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    I disagree with that.

So, let's say that there's 8 guys at the combine that run between a 4.23 and a 4.28 40. I think we can all agree that sub 4.3 is elite speed, no? So, only the few guys that ran between 4.23 and 4.25 now can be considered to have elite speed?
    The difference is that there are 100's of people at the combine. If there were only 10 people at the combine and 8 of them ran 4.2, then running a 4.2 is not special at all.

There are 32 qbs in the NFL. Being 8th, is like the 75% percentile.

Remember those guys aren't compared to the likes of you and me, but to each other.

Herm Edwards is irrelevant who cares what he has to say. 54-74 coaching career

GET WELL SOON

If he wants to call Eli "not elite", go right ahead. Eli sure didn't look elite for most of this past season anyway.

But to call him a "child" is just outright ridiculous. Two super bowl MVPs doesn't give Eli the right to sit at the grown-ups table?

Oh and Morehead, I would just like to point out that I only attacked the point, no ad hominem against Herm in the above comments I just made. So I don't want to hear that...
    Last edited by Toadofsteel; 02-14-2013 at 11:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    If he wants to call Eli "not elite", go right ahead. Eli sure didn't look elite for most of this past season anyway.

But to call him a "child" is just outright ridiculous. Two super bowl MVPs doesn't give Eli the right to sit at the grown-ups table?
    The child comment was just silly. Other than that, if that's how he feels, so be it.

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

The difference is that there are 100's of people at the combine. If there were only 10 people at the combine and 8 of them ran 4.2, then running a 4.2 is not special at all.

There are 32 qbs in the NFL. Being 8th, is like the 75% percentile.

Remember those guys aren't compared to the likes of you and me, but to each other.
    In the three year span from 1992-1994 there were seven starting QB's in the league that would end up in the hall of fame. Montana, Marino, Elway, Kelly, Moon, Aikman, and Young. I guess you can have that many elite QB's.

They are not playing against each other, if they have the talent then they have the talent.

If Eli can't order from the menu, what does that leave you Herm? Bussing tables...

Closed Thread