Closed Thread
Page 9 of 59 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: ESPN, Herm Edwards Diss Eli

"Hello....you play....."
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    In the three year span from 1992-1994 there were seven starting QB's in the league that would end up in the hall of fame. Montana, Marino, Elway, Kelly, Moon, Aikman, and Young. I guess you can have that many elite QB's.

They are not playing against each other, if they have the talent then they have the talent.
    Good point. I notice no one seems to have a counter argument to it...so far, at least.

The number 4--just like the number 8--is strictly arbitrary. There's no NFL official designation of what qualifies as "elite", is there?

Silliness.

trent dilfer

sorry just felt the thread wasnt a true eli/elite thread until it was said (cultist was already used )

Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    In the three year span from 1992-1994 there were seven starting QB's in the league that would end up in the hall of fame. Montana, Marino, Elway, Kelly, Moon, Aikman, and Young. I guess you can have that many elite QB's.

They are not playing against each other, if they have the talent then they have the talent.
    This is actually the best argument I've seen come out of these types of threads... Hat definitely tipped, sir...

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    However many games that Herm Edwards played in the NFL is that many more games than any poster here has.
    However many games Herm Edwards won as a HC is that many more games any poster here has won.

He was an unsuccessful HC therefore he has less credibility than dopes typing on their computer. The logic is beautiful.
    That is only because Jake Gibbs decided to go play professional baseball instead of football and he also won a National Championship as a QB so he is very successful football player that posts here although he doesn't have more wins in NFL than Herm Edwards. So there. lol......

Banned
    I find this ironic that folks on this boards are actually more upset about Herm Edwards comments about Eli manning than they are about his "miracle at the Meadowlands." Man, that one hurts.

i thought it was funny. even we poke fun at Eli sometimes. It doesnt mean he isnt good.

Eli seems to rise up when called out a bit , i like it.
    The pessimist complains about the wind;
    The optimist expects it to change;
    The realist adjusts the sails."
    - William Arthur Ward -

Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    I find this ironic that folks on this boards are actually more upset about Herm Edwards comments about Eli manning than they are about his "miracle at the Meadowlands." Man, that one hurts.
    That just goes without saying though...

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    i thought it was funny. even we poke fun at Eli sometimes. It doesnt mean he isnt good.

Eli seems to rise up when called out a bit , i like it.
    Eli talks about what happens when called out in the video. Watch starting at about 1:40. It is funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhyIcPveCFk

that is a good point about all those Qb's getting in the HOF, However now we have a different NFL you get matt stafford putting up 5000 yards and a matt ryan throwing 32 TD's in a season.

You are going to have to have way better stats then guys 15- 20 years ago folks.
    The pessimist complains about the wind;
    The optimist expects it to change;
    The realist adjusts the sails."
    - William Arthur Ward -

Closed Thread