+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Starter

What do you guys think of Khaseem Greene

I like him a lot but do you guys think he can play Middle in the NFL? He is 6'1 235... If not middle could he play strong side for us so we can move Kiwi back to end since we lost Osi, i think that would be great.. Maybe actually draft a lb in the top 3 rounds for once, he's a tackling machine and he can cover fine... I think he would be a good pick up but what do u guys think? And also what round and position would suit him best with us???

He would need to bulk up to play MLB. He has the speed and coverage skills (former safety) to play weakside linebacker.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    He would need to bulk up to play MLB. He has the speed and coverage skills (former safety) to play weakside linebacker.
    agreed. I do think that he can gain about 10lbs and not lose a step.
    "Why did it take us three years to figure out Jerel Jernigan can play?" John Mara

Quote Originally Posted by tonyt830 View Post
    Yup....with pro conditioning, I totally agree.

Greene would be a perfect fit for Fewell's Cover-2 style defense.....you really need LB's that can run, and Greene can pretty much fly....you could stick him on a guy like LeSean McCoy if needed in the flat.

Fewell also could drop the 4-3-3 with Greene, because they really wouldn't lose any speed.....he's basically a big safety.

However, the Giants really would need the DT's to swallow blockers, because Greene doesn't have the size and strength to deal with interior linemen. But as a coverage guy, an edge blitzer, and especially as a backside/pursuit tackler, he could excel.
    Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 02-13-2013 at 09:30 PM.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Starter
    that would be great, what about strong side? We already got Paysinger and Jwill. What round does he look like he's goon add of now? Any of you know and i know it will Change after the combine

RUtgers all day. Love him. Would be nice to see him in blue.

Quote Originally Posted by BigJ View Post
    that would be great, what about strong side? We already got Paysinger and Jwill. What round does he look like he's goon add of now? Any of you know and i know it will Change after the combine
    Word was he shot up to the second round. Pretty sure it was lower than that a while back. Would not be shocked about a late first if a team needs a safety bad enough.

Quote Originally Posted by BigJ View Post
    He could definitely cover a Tight End, but weakside demands more speed, and that's really his strong suit.

He's projected to go in the 2nd, and would likely be there when the Giants pick. I'd love to get this kid.

Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 02-13-2013 at 09:41 PM.

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    Yup....with pro conditioning, I totally agree.

Greene would be a perfect fit for Fewell's Cover-2 style defense.....you really need LB's that can run, and Greene can pretty much fly....you could stick him on a guy like LeSean McCoy if needed in the flat.

Fewell also could drop the 4-3-3 with Greene, because they really wouldn't lose any speed.....he's basically a big safety.

However, the Giants really would need the DT's to swallow blockers, because Greene doesn't have the size and strength to deal with interior linemen. But as a coverage guy, an edge blitzer, and especially as a backside/pursuit tackler, he could excel.
    I would love to see the DT position addressed as well. And I agree, if the D-linemen can keep those guards off of Greene, he would be a great addition not only to Fewell's cover 2 scheme, but in chasing down the backs and making plays in the backfield. I would be ok with a DT in the draft, maybe Richardson or Floyd in the 1st and Greene in the 2nd. I think DE could be addressed later on in the draft.
    "Why did it take us three years to figure out Jerel Jernigan can play?" John Mara

I would love to see the DT position addressed as well. And I agree, if the D-linemen can keep those guards off of Greene, he would be a great addition not only to Fewell's cover 2 scheme, but in chasing down the backs and making plays in the backfield. I would be ok with a DT in the draft, maybe Richardson or Floyd in the 1st and Greene in the 2nd. I think DE could be addressed later on in the draft.
    I agree.....really want to upgrade LB more than DE..... someone like Greene has the speed to be an effective blitzer, and pass coverage would immediately be upgraded.....he's the type of guy you could plug in there, and gamble alot, because the offense really isn't going to get a mismatch on him coverage-wise.

- Emlen Tunnell