+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Five Free Agents the Giants should target this offseason

Per Yardbarker.com:

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/ar...eason/12916981

I know we are strapped when it come to the cap, even with the recent cuts. If we were to lose Beatty or Booth, Clady or Vasquez would be good signings. Clady is probably a top 5 to 10 LT in the league. Vasquez may come cheaper. And I have seen a couple posters, including nycsportzfan, mention that maybe Dorsey would be a good fit at DT in our 4-3 D.

And though Byrd is a good safety, I would rather re-sign KP or Brown to go along with Rolle and Hill.

Clady and Vasquez are quite durable, but I would be just fine with Beatty and/or Boothe re-signed if at all possible. I would not mind seeing Dorsey signed at a fair/reasonable contract to add to our DT rotation.

Your thoughts?
    One day, not today, not tomorrow, not this season, probably not next season either but one day, you and I are gonna wake up and suddenly we're gonna be like every other team in every other sport where winning is everything and nothing else matters. And when that day comes, well thats, thats when we'll honor them--Jack Lengyel Marshall University

I love the idea of signing Dorsey and I have been panning for Phil Dawson for weeks,,if we could sign just those two this off season it would be great, money friendly of course. KP would have to be a team friendly contract because I am not sure his knees can be trusted anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    I love the idea of signing Dorsey and I have been panning for Phil Dawson for weeks,,if we could sign just those two this offseason it would be great, money friendly of course.
    exactly, money friendly being the key points. Maybe Dorsey would fit better as a 3T in a 4-3 D. Who knows how Austin will pan out this year. Yeah I think some other posters/fans would have preferred Dawson over Beuhler. Thats based on a lot of the negative reactions I read yesterday after the Giants signed Buehler.

Personally I feel that the Giants could find a solid kicker in the 7th rd of this years draft. But nothing is set in stone, I suppose, when it comes to Buehler being our starting PK the 1st day of the regular season.
    One day, not today, not tomorrow, not this season, probably not next season either but one day, you and I are gonna wake up and suddenly we're gonna be like every other team in every other sport where winning is everything and nothing else matters. And when that day comes, well thats, thats when we'll honor them--Jack Lengyel Marshall University

Quote Originally Posted by tonyt830 View Post
    exactly, money friendly being the key points. Maybe Dorsey would fit better as a 3T in a 4-3 D. Who knows how Austin will pan out this year. Yeah I think some other posters/fans would have preferred Dawson over Beuhler. Thats based on a lot of the negative reactions I read yesterday after the Giants signed Buehler.

Personally I feel that the Giants could find a solid kicker in the 7th rd of this years draft. But nothing is set in stone, I suppose, when it comes to Buehler being our starting PK the 1st day of the regular season.
    true that with the kicker buy until then if we can snag Dawson with a team friendly contract it's a no brainer until the kid drafted(if drafted) is ready. Dawson is money from everywhere. also,,I believe Dorsey was being grossly misused in KC and you are right, putting him back in a 4-3 D could do wonders(where he played in college),,,it could be the signing of the year if he plays like we think he can.

Glenn Dorsey, EJ Biggers, Derek Cox, Peyton Hillis, are just some names i'm interested in seeing if we can get.. Some i feel will be bargains and worth the price, and some will help spots that need depth...

PFT reporting that Clady will be franchised.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...on-ryan-clady/

Would love Clady and Dorsey, but only Dorsey seems realistic unfortunately

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    PFT reporting that Clady will be franchised.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...on-ryan-clady/
    Yeah no surprise here, Denver has a lot more cap room than us anyway. I think we could possibly pickup Dorsey, Byrd I can't see coming here unless we don't retain KP and Brown(who will be tendered so this is very unlikely imo). Phil Dawson is great too, but how much will he want?

yes.. Dorsey

Clady will not happen, he's a greta LT and DEN knows it needs to protect Peyton. And he's gonna get a TON of money, as premium LT's' usually do. Best bet for LT is to resign Beatty. I have no clue how they are fixing the other tackle spot though.
    All Hail The New York Giants!!