+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stevie Brown Season Highlights

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    one issue: KPs a FA with Rolle making Rockefeller money
    I'm trying to will it to happen

one issue: KPs a FA with Rolle making Rockefeller money
    The question is how much is rolle's cap hit if we cut him?

Fantasy headline quotes:
    -Insanity, with "Eye of the Tiger" playing in the background, accumulated the highest point total this week and beat Hakeem Nicks 137.95 - 100.75, overcoming an 18.22-point spread.
    -Legend of Seawright Throat-Punches Mediocrity.
    -20-page Eli Argument Knocks Out Insanity, Delivers an Early-Season Message

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    He also never had many snaps on defense...
    Which makes 8 picks all the more impressive... imagine if he had started 16 games.

Hell, watching this i'm starting to think he could be used as a nickel linebacker in passing situations... he can get underneath from out of freaking nowhere... TE's would be going "okayyy im goin out on my route, okay i see 27 back there better cut inside, okay QB's throwing the ball and HOLY **** WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT???!!!"
    Last edited by Toadofsteel; 02-15-2013 at 02:31 AM.

Fantasy headline quotes:
    -Insanity, with "Eye of the Tiger" playing in the background, accumulated the highest point total this week and beat Hakeem Nicks 137.95 - 100.75, overcoming an 18.22-point spread.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Finally, a highlight video without stupid music.
    Nice to know I'm not the only one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcaBbTpTL_k

dang, after watching this, and the timely turnovers he generated, he's got to be a priority as well...
    Thanks for the post.

Here's a more in-depth analysis of his picks:

-@CAR: 4th and goal, 3-safety Nickel (will hill slot), Zone coverage, he's just underneath filling in for Rolle who was just got his knee hit by camera-fu and goes full-on ball hawk as no receiver is in his zone. He's watching the QB the entire play, and hauls in the ball.

-CLE: 3rd and 1, 3-safety Nickel (will hill slot), Man coverage, Rolle comes up into the box on the strong side leaving Stevie the only deep man in a cover 1. Weeden under pressure overthrows the ball a bit to the slot receiver who COULD have hauled in a better-placed ball, but he doesn't, and Stevie comes in from 10 yards up from the receiver at the time the ball was thrown and catches the overthrow. While he did not jump the route, he still showed the same motion that he uses when he does jump routes.

-WAS: 2nd and 5, base 4-3. Man coverage, though Blackburn and Rivers bite on the play action. TE Logan Paulsen did not run his route correctly, and RG3 overthrows as a result. Stevie jumps the intended target locations from over and effectively jumps the route even though the TE did not complete the route.

-@DAL (Q1): 1st and 10, base 4-3, Zone coverage, max protect from the Cowboys, Rolle moving up on the box during the snap. Rivers bites on play action. Dez Bryant completely burns Webster, but Stevie jumps the route perfectly and intercepts the ball practically right at the intended point of reception. (not sure if Webster was playing underneath intentionally expecting safety help or not though)

-@DAL (Q4): 4th and 1, Standard Nickel (i think it was hosley but not sure), Romo under heavy 4-man pressure, pushed back about 20 yards, and tries to throw it away. Stevie somehow knew where to be just beyond the first down marker to get the pick. I forget what the flag was for...

-NO (Q1): 3rd and 5, 3 safety Nickel (rolle slot), zone coverage, Brees completes pass up the middle to Colston. Stevie comes in from the right and forces the fumble which is recovered by Rolle.

-NO (Q3): 1st and 10, base 4-3, man coverage. Rolle is so far up he's actually underneath the linebackers in man coverage on Graham, leaving stevie alone deep. Stevie gets the pick off the tip drill from Graham. Rolle MAY have gotten away with a PI, not sure. Stevie actually stayed on top specifically above Rolle in coverage (most likely his assignment for the play), and was ready to make a big hit on Graham even if the catch was made.

-NO (Q4): 1st and 20, base 4-3, though Boley was on a receiver. 2 WR and a RB sent on fly routes. Stevie perfectly anticipates the route and hawk swoops with great precision. This is by far the best example of his ball hawking skills in the entire season.

-PHI: 3rd and 13, 3 Safety Nickel (rolle slot), Giants rush 6 (!!!), vick overthrows, though Celek (the intended target) may have hesitated in his route, and would have been in position to make a catch had he ran a fly route. Stevie once again spots the intended destination of the route and swoops to that location. 6 man pressure may have forced a bad decision from Vick, since Rolle was just about to be burned by Avant.

The pattern I'm seeing from this (aside from the obvious ball-hawking skills), is that Stevie is great at anticipating the end point of an intended deep route, even if the receiver doesn't actually finish running that route. The ball-hawk tendencies are also his weakness; his tendency to jump a route means that anything that gets behind him is hard for him to deal with. This is why I say it would be great to keep both KP and Stevie. Most of the time when we do 3-safety personnel sets it's basically taking the standard Nickel and replacing the slot corner with a safety. However, I think there's potential for a new formation to be introduced with KP, Stevie, and Hill (assuming that Rolle would have to be cut to keep KP). Hill would play the traditional strong safety position, KP would continue his traditional free safety duties (especially with regards to being rolled over a particular receiver), and Stevie can just be left in space to make his hot reads and jump a route. Their skill sets complement each other perfectly. Also it would help a tiny bit in alleviating our glaring need for linebackers...
    Last edited by Toadofsteel; 02-15-2013 at 03:40 AM.

Fantasy headline quotes:

Quote Originally Posted by P_Simms_#11 View Post
    Thanks for the post.
    hey, thanks for the thanks. but i think we can agree, thanks especially to stevie brown

nice analysis toadsteel.

ya know, ur description of pick 1 may be a microcosm if why brown suddenly had the year he did after being bounced around some...maybe he just decided "**** it, Im gonna play ball my way the way I know how and start trusting my instincts bc what else do I got to lose." And i felt all season he was playing with no regard for tomorrow, he was playing every play like it was his last. he made an acrobatic int @ dallas on a 4th and 1 that had he let fall incomplete or bat it down, we had better field position. but he wasnt thinking in any other way but "this play could be my last, im going all in the way I know"...i dunno just my speculation...and i think he could be that underneath S we ask rolle to be and he could do it much better imho...

Reese is Braindead, if he does not tender Brown. Both Browns, Andre Brown too

I would hate to lose him... total ball hawk

+ Reply to Thread