+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Charles Woodson Released.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
    Released DB Charles Woodson's agent Carl Poston: "He'd like to go play for a contender, win another Super Bowl. He caught that bug."

He would be an interesting addition that would play at a discount to play for a contender. Could play that 3rd safety role pretty well. Would probably play under a one year incentive laden deal.

no cap room for him here...

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckKnoxx View Post
    Whatever [Tom Quinn] says to keep a near decade long job has to be truly inspirational for him not to be working at IKEA right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    no cap room for him here...
    I think a one year deal isn't out of the question. He wants to play on a contender and the majority of contenders are pressed up against the cap because they have good players that command lots of money. If it really is all about the ring, he will settle for less to play for us, ATL, SF or any of the AFC teams.

He'd like to play for a contender? He'd been on one for six years.

I'm not so sure he'd come cheap, he was on a heavy deal in Green Bay.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueReign View Post
    If it really is all about the ring, he will settle for less to play for us, ATL, SF or any of the AFC teams.
    If that was the case, wouldn't he just take a pay cut and stay with Green Bay?

And come on, the Giants are hardly a lock to contend.
    Last edited by Flip Empty; 02-15-2013 at 11:52 AM.

Goldson is a FA in SF. I could see Woodson heading to SF while Goldson potentially gets a huge deal elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by ozzie0075 View Post
    Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
    Released DB Charles Woodson's agent Carl Poston: "He'd like to go play for a contender, win another Super Bowl. He caught that bug."

He would be an interesting addition that would play at a discount to play for a contender. Could play that 3rd safety role pretty well. Would probably play under a one year incentive laden deal.
    I'm always up for a veteran player like him...he could def. help our secondary. I think we missed Deon Grant last year...not necessarily his play but his leadership for the secondary. I doubt he'll come cheap...therefore...I don't think there's a chance he comes here.

Don't care how old he is, would love him on our team but no way we can afford him so might as well stop dreaming.

New York Giants Could Be a Fit for For Former Green Bay Packersí Charles Woodson

Too old if you ask me

Honestly, I don't see it. Even if they lose Phillips they'll have Brown, Rolle, Hill, Sash and Thomas. Thomas is the wild card at this point but he's a lot similar to Charles in the way they want to use him.

Charles won't get paid like he used to but he's still going to be offered more than I think the Giants want to spend. And In reality, they're not exactly hurting too bad at the position.