+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NY Giants' News: Osi Umenyiora, Andre Brown, More

NY Giants' News: Osi Umenyiora, Andre Brown, More

http://www.bigblueview.com/2013/2/15...fl-free-agency

Excerpt: "Good morning, New York Giants' fans! Here are your Friday morning links.

Let's start with this tweet from Osi Umenyiora, which seems to be a pretty clear indication that he has no intention of returning to the Giants:

I intend on breaking strahan's sack record this season. That's impossible playing in a rotation.

Valentine's View: Bye, bye! Osi always has seemed to have an inflated sense of how good he is, and that comment is another example." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

lol. yeah, all of a sudden playing on a DL opposite someone not named JPP hes gonna get 23 sacks...he's been a full time DE for us, most his career actually. inability vs the run and all...this is more self hype/promotion which is indicative of an attitude hes had his tenure here

I still got love for you Osi, unlike most on here. True Giant with 2 Rings and a huge part of it!

But seriously? Break Strahans record? Stop playing bro. Just like players like Manningham, Gibril Wilson, Brandon Jacobs, Kevin Boss ect all found out, its better to be wearing Blue.

Osi declined a lot in the past few years. Yes he's still quick but offenses know how to exploit him and make him run himself out of a play.

I read this earlier today, it was the good laugh i needed while drinking my coffee to get my day started right

Yep, I read it this morning also. I knew it would be a matter of time before it popped up here. After all, it's Friday, the week is almost over and we hadn't had our weekly Osi thread.

I am a big Osi homer, but I do agree its time to move on. But this latest "tweet" is just silly.

It's not major news though, just a bunch of nonsense talk..
    Last edited by nhpgiantsfan; 02-15-2013 at 11:15 AM.

He's selling himself, nothing wrong with that.

It's hard to know if he even tweets for himself.

All teams need to do is run right at Osi cause he can't stop the run. His play against read option was pretty terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by ozzie0075 View Post
    All teams need to do is run right at Osi cause he can't stop the run. His play against read option was pretty terrible.
    To be honest, that might make him better in a division like the AFC West, which features 4 statues under center (Peyton, Palmer, Cassel, and Rivers), or honestly any AFC team, as all the big names experimenting with read-option are NFC west or NFC east teams. In fact, all the other NFC East teams picked up mobile QBs and are experimenting with read option (though dallas is debatable) SPECIFICALLY to neutralize the Giants pass rush...

Insanity, with "Eye of the Tiger" playing in the background, accumulated the highest point total this week and beat Hakeem Nicks 137.95 - 100.75, overcoming an 18.22-point spread.

That's why I was never too fond of Osi....I thought he was a good pass rusher...but never once did I ever hear him say he wanted to get better in the run game. If he thinks he is going to break any sack record...he better find the gimmick wide-9 somewhere.

+ Reply to Thread