+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Are you guys opposed to drafting a QB later in the draft?

Quote Originally Posted by ozzie0075 View Post
    No way the Giants use a first on a QB while Eli is still here.
    I believe the Packers have shown that having a blue chip QB prospect waiting in the wings is the best way to transition a franchise from old (successful era) to new era.

Name a starting QB who was drafted later than the 3rd round apart from Brady.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Ryan Fitzpatrick was a 7th... Does Romo count? Undrafted.

Russell Wilson, Matt Schaub, Matt Cassel (he did lead the pats to an 11-5 season, otherwise I wouldn't mention him)

Edit: sorry I thought it said 3rd or later, not later than 3rd...

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckKnoxx View Post
    Whatever [Tom Quinn] says to keep a near decade long job has to be truly inspirational for him not to be working at IKEA right now.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueReign View Post
    I believe the Packers have shown that having a blue chip QB prospect waiting in the wings is the best way to transition a franchise from old (successful era) to new era.
    I agree that we should take a QB in the first eventually... but not this year. Wait until about 2-3 years before Eli is set to retire, then pick up a QB...

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckKnoxx View Post
    Whatever [Tom Quinn] says to keep a near decade long job has to be truly inspirational for him not to be working at IKEA right now.

All-Pro
    They have much bigger needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Ryan Fitzpatrick was a 7th... Does Romo count? Undrafted.
    And Fitzpatrick is now in an open competition against Tavaris Jackson. Lol

The odds of finding a capable QB in the later rounds (really anything after the first) is incredibly remote. I wish I had the number of QBs drafted 3rd round and later in the last lets say 10 or so years. Bet it's 60+ guys. So 2 out of 60... Giants could end up drafting 30 QBs in the later rounds before finding one who is capable of starting. That's a pretty big waste

Banned
    No, pickup "projects" in the late rounds, guys who have talent who are raw or have minor character issues that cause them to drop

All-Pro
    This teams goes as Eli goes. If he has another not so good year they are in trouble. If he was unable to play they are in trouble. A let round pick will most likely help nothing unless they drafted the next Tom Brady.

And Fitzpatrick is now in an open competition against Tavaris Jackson. Lol

The odds of finding a capable QB in the later rounds (really anything after the first) is incredibly remote. I wish I had the number of QBs drafted 3rd round and later in the last lets say 10 or so years. Bet it's 60+ guys. So 2 out of 60... Giants could end up drafting 30 QBs in the later rounds before finding one who is capable of starting. That's a pretty big waste
    Hah yeah, I laughed when I saw that.

Yeah it's a who's who of nothing down there. I'd rather they didn't bother.

I'll look up the numbers.

+ Reply to Thread