+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Bench Player

Perry Fewell's Incorrect Mindset

I think through most of the season thus far, Perry Fewell has been approaching games with the idea that our D-Linemen are sooo good, he can just rush four and drop everyone else back in zone coverage (which also hurts our run defense). but this is the NFL where offensive linemen are beasts themselves. so our front four does need help, and by providing that help, it will allow them to reek havoc.

we have physical corners that we need to put up on WR's. webster, ross, amukamara are all way better when pressed up being physical. bump and run coverage provides the following benefits:

1) WR's dont have a free release to run a crisp route
    2) timing with the QB becomes slightly skewed
    3) WR's (over the course of the game) become tired and slow from expelling so much energy getting off the line
    4) WR's may become timid from secondary's aggressiveness
    5) doesn't allow WR's to be 15yds down field without a defender within 5yds (stupid zone)
    6) QB can't beat the blitz with a quick hot route if the corner isn't 10yds off when they dial up pressure (this is one of the most important factors)
    7) allows for more INT opportunities if the QB isn't perfect with throws

My final and main point is, this entire season has showed us that our defensive players are NO GOOD AT PLAYING ZONE. Perry Fewell needs to coach on the players' strengths. NOT on some drawn up zone system that looks good on paper. with the right players, can a zone be effective? sure, but we don't have those type of players. so lets not play zone all freakin' game. be aggressive, be tough, and make the offense feel scared. we seemed more aggressive against the jets, and we finally kept a team under 15pts.

Uneasy QB's getting hit/pressured all game play WAY WORSE than QB's picking apart a zone defense with all day to throw. Stats don't lie...

Re: Perry Fewell's Incorrect Mindset

You should be a dc in the NFL....not watch the saints game we played alot of press man and that was one of if not the worst defense we played all year

Bench Player

oh ya? then tell me... what's your solution smart guy?

intelligent responses only please...

[quote user="Osi_baby"]oh ya?* then tell me... what's your solution smart guy?

[/quote]
    I dont have a solution nor do I need one I'm not in the NFL and there may not be a solution may e the reason we play bad d is becuz are players are simply not good enough ever think of that?

Bench Player

[quote user="Osi_baby"]oh ya? then tell me... what's your solution smart guy?

[/quote]
    ^^^^

Veteran

[quote user="Osi_baby"][quote user="Osi_baby"]oh ya? then tell me... what's your solution smart guy?

[/quote]
    ^^^^
    [/quote]Dont mind idk... After a while he'll grow on ya.

Perry Fewell is a terrible DC and its rediculous that he only calls a good gameplan once every 5 games. He should be fired and we should do everything in our power to get Spags to come back.

Bench Player

[quote user="elifan10"]Perry Fewell is a terrible DC and its rediculous that he only calls a good gameplan once every 5 games. He should be fired and we should do everything in our power to get Spags to come back.[/quote]

couldnt have said it better myself. there is a reason why jim johnson was one of the best DC's year in and year out. getting spags was like getting a mini jim johnson. we won with spags because he brought that attacking downhill defense to the giants. do you honestly think we end up beating the pats had we played zone all game and never threw brady out of rhythm in SB42?

[quote user="Osi_baby"]I think through most of the season thus far, Perry Fewell has been approaching games with the idea that our D-Linemen are sooo good, he can just rush four and drop everyone else back in zone coverage (which also hurts our run defense).* but this is the NFL where offensive linemen are beasts themselves.* so our front four does need help, and by providing that help, it will allow them to reek havoc.*

we have physical corners that we need to put up on WR's.* webster, ross, amukamara are all way better when pressed up being physical.* bump and run coverage provides the following benefits:

1)* WR's dont have a free release to run a crisp route
    2)* timing with the QB becomes slightly skewed
    3)* WR's (over the course of the game) become tired and slow from expelling so much energy getting off the line
    4)* WR's may become timid from secondary's aggressiveness
    5)* doesn't allow WR's to be 15yds down field without a defender within 5yds* (stupid zone)
    6)* QB can't beat the blitz with a quick hot route if the corner isn't 10yds off when they dial up pressure* (this is one of the most important factors)
    7)* allows for more INT opportunities if the QB isn't perfect with throws

My final and main point is, this entire season has showed us that our defensive players are NO GOOD AT PLAYING ZONE.* Perry Fewell needs to coach on the players' strengths.* NOT on some drawn up zone system that looks good on paper.* with the right players, can a zone be effective?* sure, but we don't have those type of players.* so lets not play zone all freakin' game.* be aggressive, be tough, and make the offense feel scared.* we seemed more aggressive against the jets, and we finally kept a team under 15pts.*

Uneasy QB's getting hit/pressured all game play WAY WORSE than QB's picking apart a zone defense with all day to throw.* Stats don't lie...
    [/quote]

this post is a mess....just had to say it

sorry

Veteran

[quote user="Idkaname"][quote user="Osi_baby"]oh ya?* then tell me... what's your solution smart guy?

[/quote]
    I dont have a solution nor do I need one I'm not in the NFL and there may not be a solution may e the reason we play bad d is becuz are players are simply not good enough ever think of that?[/quote]

In the Saints game, the Giants couldn't even break the D-huddle the signals were so slow coming in. Not to mention, the chaos in the DB backfield was the usual mayhem.