+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

A cold, soulless business proposition

What if we re-signed Cruz, and were able to successfully deal him away to KC to swap 1st rounders, and use that 1st overall to draft Luke Joeckel? That would eliminate two big cap needs (Cruz and Beatty, who we could let walk), although it would sacrifice a phenominal player at WR to do so. KC could theoretically bite since Cassel once led the pats to an 11-5 record when he had actual receivers to throw the ball to...

Or have I truly lost my soul at this point?

Post 4/20 mock draft:
    Round 1: Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, FS, Alabama
    Round 2: ASJ, TE, Washington
    Round 3: Marcus Martin, C, USC
    Round 4: Shayne Skov, ILB, Stanford
    Round 5: Khairi Fortt, OLB, California
    Round 6: Ethan Westbrooks, DE, West Texas A&M
    Round 6 comp: Cornelius Lucas, OT, Kansas State

Soul? Not sure. Mind, yes. That's a horrible trade for KC who is in its infancy of a new era. Andy Reid, master thief of draft picks, isn't doing us any favors.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    What if we re-signed Cruz, and were able to successfully deal him away to KC to swap 1st rounders, and use that 1st overall to draft Luke Joeckel? That would eliminate two big cap needs (Cruz and Beatty, who we could let walk), although it would sacrifice a phenominal player at WR to do so. KC could theoretically bite since Cassel once led the pats to an 11-5 record when he had actual receivers to throw the ball to...

Or have I truly lost my soul at this point?
    joeckel isnt a sure fire lock to be a great player, I would never do what you are suggesting at the detriment of the team. we know cruz and beatty excel at this level, we could tender them and get some nice picks instead. I dont want to lose either,,the team is just not better with out them.

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    joeckel isnt a sure fire lock to be a great player, I would never do what you are suggesting at the detriment of the team. we know cruz and beatty excel at this level, we could tender them and get some nice picks instead. I dont want to lose either,,the team is just not better with out them.
    I don't want to lose them either. But I pose the following problem to you: You have a mere 5 million in cap space, and have yet to draft picks. What do you do? Because it seems like cutting Webster is no longer an option according to just about everybody on here. OMFG YOULL LEAVE US WITH ONE STARTING CB they said. OMFG OUR SECONDARY WILL GET EVEN WORSE they said... Well, if you're not cutting THE GODDAMN TOASTER, some HARD decisions will have to be made!
    Last edited by Toadofsteel; 02-16-2013 at 02:00 AM.

Post 4/20 mock draft:

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    I don't want to lose them either. But I pose the following problem to you: You have a mere 5 million in cap space, and have yet to draft picks. What do you do? Because it seems like cutting Webster is no longer an option according to just about everybody on here. OMFG YOULL LEAVE US WITH ONE STARTING CB they said. OMFG OUR SECONDARY WILL GET EVEN WORSE they said... Well, if you're not cutting THE GODDAMN TOASTER, some HARD decisions will have to be made!
    you know what I do, I just sit back and let the FO do their jobs,,that's why they are there and you and I are here,,,but I feel you man, so sit back and enjoy this......... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vy-tfKdubKc
    Last edited by ELI_HOF_NYG; 02-16-2013 at 02:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    you know what I do, I just sit back and let the FO do their jobs,,that's why they are there and you and I are here,,,but I feel you man, so sit back and enjoy this......... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vy-tfKdubKc
    Thanks, I needed that...

Post 4/20 mock draft: