+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Coradelle Patterson!

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    If he means in terms of an elusive play making WR, I can see where the OP is coming from. Patterson in that way kinda reminds me a bit of Peter Warrick. Warrick was one of the most exciting college players I ever saw. For those here who've never seen Warrick play....watch thishttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1KfXUen5G4
    Oh my was Warrick great at FSU.. Not so much on the Bengals though

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    Oh my was Warrick great at FSU.. Not so much on the Bengals though
    I was actually sad when he didn't make it. I used to watch him on TV as a kid thinking he was some kind of superhero or something.

Yea, all the WR's mentioned are great Wideouts, but can Calvin Johnson return kickoffs/punts like this guy? i think not..this guy had a run like David Wilson had against clemson, where he eluded four oncoming defenders and reversed field for over a 20 yard gain. This guy is gonna be this years stephen hill at the combine and all over sports science lol

Quote Originally Posted by BlessedinBlue22 View Post
    Yea, all the WR's mentioned are great Wideouts, but can Calvin Johnson return kickoffs/punts like this guy? i think not..this guy had a run like David Wilson had against clemson, where he eluded four oncoming defenders and reversed field for over a 20 yard gain. This guy is gonna be this years stephen hill at the combine and all over sports science lol
    Yeah buyt Calvin John was light years better as a WR. Patterson struggled to get separation this season. He was shut down by good CB's

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Yeah buyt Calvin John was light years better as a WR. Patterson struggled to get separation this season. He was shut down by good CB's
    He looks to be a gadget player who can add some explosiveness to an offense, but yea probably not a true, reliable, number one receiver. Still, some team is going to have a lot of fun with this guy. If the Vikings are still having trouble with Harvin, Patterson could be a capable replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by BlessedinBlue22 View Post
    He looks to be a gadget player who can add some explosiveness to an offense, but yea probably not a true, reliable, number one receiver. Still, some team is going to have a lot of fun with this guy. If the Vikings are still having trouble with Harvin, Patterson could be a capable replacement.
    I agree 100% about the Vikings. I have a lot of friends that are Vikes fans (moved from NY to SD haha) they are all over the place here. All of them are praying for Patterson.

He reminds me a lot of Warrick from the elusiveness standpoint. I think this kid could do some serious damage if put into the right system. If the Vikes cant hold onto Harvin I think they could do a lot of the same things they do with him but Harvin looks like the more physical runner.If we did not have Nicks and Cruz with Randle and some other talented WRs who haven't found their place yet (Jernigan and Barden) I would honestly love to see the Giants get this kid. You dont see many 6'3 WRs that quick and elusive making insane highlight plays in his 1st D1 year in the SEC very often. Kid should be exciting to watch thats for sure. I just hope whoever gets him (even the Giants but I doubt it) can figure a way to get him the ball in open space and just let him do what he does.

In terms of future dollars replacing a potentially huge contract with a much cheaper Draft pick may be a very wise move. That does leave some money for other FAs that could help fill some holes.

Keep The Coradelle Patterson "dream" alive lol I know we could go Okafor, even Warmack would be a nice fit at Guard to open some holes for Wilson and Brown. But patterson will be one of the bettter special teamers for years to come and we can't have WIlson returning kicks all the time as he is gonna be our feature back. Plus Randle lost his PR duties. Patterson would give us that really good starting field position, no he won't be able to replace a vic cruz or nicks but not so sure we can pay both. And if we can retain Cruz, Eli's go to guy, Patterson could be that dynamic wideout playmaker(he's 6'3) replacement for the oft injured nicks, plus he's not just taking up a roster spot like Barden at WR, he can play ST, even RB. saw him do an option QB play he threw for a TD.

My Loaded Mock

RD1 Coradelle Patterson WR
    RD2 Tyrann Mattheiu CB/S
    RD3 Shane Skov MLB
    RD4 Brian Winters OT(replace Beatty)
    RD5 Dion Sims MSU TE
    RD6 Quanterus if he can return from ACL DE
    RD7 Clint Sturgis K

+ Reply to Thread