+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Starter

Why would we draft a DEnd?

I hear some talk of the Giants should be looking for a dend in the first round because we lost Osi...... but we already have a a dend, anybody remember that kiwi is a dend and shouldnt be playing lb. we should just pixk up a real lb for once and just throw kiwi back down and use the first round pick on somthing we need like a corner back, offensive lineman, dtackle, or a real linebacker instead of taking our former first round draft pick who is a dend and making him a linebacker... Thoughts, feed back??

Starter
    Feel like its a no brainer especially when he is a way better dend then linebacker

The idea of not taking a DE is starting to really grow on me. If Kiwi goes back to DE or Tracy/Ojomo show us something, this might not really be a necessary move. DT, OL, CB, LB are all of more need it seems.

I'll admit I was on the Ansah bandwagon for a while but now I'm starting to think maybe we should take Richardson or Ogletree.

Giants dont have any natural pass rushers thats why. Osi was the only edge rusher on the team. Tuck looks finished, Kiwi is solid Id like to see him get more snaps instead of Tuck at SDE. It doesnt have to be a DE The Giants just need another elite pass rusher whether that be a LB , 3 Tech, or DE. That pass rush has to get better and im not optimistic about Ojomo or Tracy contributing more than Tollefson

You can never have too many pass rushers.

I like Kawaan Short Purdue..can pressure up the middle, what austin was supposed to do for us.

DE i like Quanterus Smith, guy performed against top competition even had DJ Fluker frustrated and he shoved him down after he batted down a Mc Carron Pass. If he impresses at the combine, passes his physicals that he can play..4th round for sure if he's still there..He's kinda like Jared Crick Nebraska, was a beast before he tore his pec..then fell to the 4th to the texans.

Quote Originally Posted by egyptian420 View Post
    The idea of not taking a DE is starting to really grow on me. If Kiwi goes back to DE or Tracy/Ojomo show us something, this might not really be a necessary move. DT, OL, CB, LB are all of more need it seems.

I'll admit I was on the Ansah bandwagon for a while but now I'm starting to think maybe we should take Richardson or Ogletree.
    I really hope that either Ogletree or Richardson is there.. I can't see using a early pick on a DE

Kiwi is not the answer. Although his grandfather was the first prime minister of Uganda, he's not the DE he was in '06. We must acquire at least 1 more DE...either in draft or FA
    Last edited by CowboysSuck; 02-15-2013 at 09:38 PM.

Because Tuck is a has been and Kiwi is not that great.

Quote Originally Posted by BlessedinBlue22 View Post
    I like Kawaan Short Purdue..can pressure up the middle, what austin was supposed to do for us.

DE i like Quanterus Smith, guy performed against top competition even had DJ Fluker frustrated and he shoved him down after he batted down a Mc Carron Pass. If he impresses at the combine, passes his physicals that he can play..4th round for sure if he's still there..He's kinda like Jared Crick Nebraska, was a beast before he tore his pec..then fell to the 4th to the texans.
    Q Smith tore his ACL dont know how eager Id be to draft him. Maponga from TCU ciuld be good value,Michael Buchanan illinois 2