+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why would we draft a DEnd?

Wow, literally like 30 seconds ago the board is all over Tuck's back and suggesting he should retire.

The only sure deal we have at DE anymore is JPP. Ojomo and Tracy are unknown quantities, Tuck is capable of being great but can also disappear and his better days are behind him. Kiwi has been switched back and forth, what, 4-5 times? And he's not exactly young either.

Osi's out the door, 2003 draft pick. Tuck was selected in 2006 so we'd be lucky to get 2 more years out of him and his production has already declined drastically. Kiwi came in the 2007 draft.

So by law of averages Tuck and Kiwi are already done unless they prove otherwise and we can wring 2 or 3 more years of blood out of their declining stones. So yes, time to draft another DE if there is value.
    Last edited by SweetZombieJesus; 02-15-2013 at 11:28 PM.

Starter
    .I just feel between JPP, tuck, and Kiwi we will be fine, def know he'll be way more effective at Dend ... The guy is our starting strongside backer and had 37 total tackles last year 27 solo and 10 assisted I mean come on

Because that is what we do.
    No one remembers who came in second.

All-Pro
    I subscribe to the theory that you can never have too many pass rushers... but I think the biggest problem with the pass rush is the inability to stop the run and the short quick passes that teams are using to negate whatever pass rush the D has. To fix that, you have to fix the DT and LB problems.
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    I subscribe to the theory that you can never have too many pass rushers... but I think the biggest problem with the pass rush is the inability to stop the run and the short quick passes that teams are using to negate whatever pass rush the D has. To fix that, you have to fix the DT and LB problems.
    It's a good thing DT is pretty deep this year

All-Pro
    Maybe because that's how they won two Super Bowls in the last 6 years?

Kiwi was not a great NFL DE. He was moved to LB for a reason, and not because he was TOO effective at DE.

He's a versatile player, and we're lucky to have him, but if you think he's the future at DE, you're kidding yourself. He's a reliable fill-in at either LB or DE, and that's very important.

His career was SAVED, not ruined by putting him at LB.

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    This pretty much sums it up imo

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by RagTime Blue View Post
    Kiwi was not a great NFL DE. He was moved to LB for a reason, and not because he was TOO effective at DE.

He's a versatile player, and we're lucky to have him, but if you think he's the future at DE, you're kidding yourself. He's a reliable fill-in at either LB or DE, and that's very important.

His career was SAVED, not ruined by putting him at LB.
    buy he is more affective for us at end then LB, and if this is the case then we might as well him and cut him and save money because a starting strong aside linebacker shouldn't have 30 tackles

Starter
    And every one keeps saying pass rushing dends... Jpp kills it from the right end position, he rushes the passer as good as anyone in the league... He should be on the right side all game i think he can handle the job

+ Reply to Thread