+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CowboysSuck View Post
    Kiwi is not the answer. He's not the DE he was in '06. We must acquire at least 1 more DE...either in draft or FA
    I'll tell you what he is: better that Tuck at this point; unless Tuck really improves his game. There's no way Kiwi could be worst than Osi on those outside runs either.

I just think out of Kiwi, Tracy, and Ojomo, someone will outperform Tuck and take that spot. That Should be sufficient enough along with JPP and a better DT like Richardson with Linval.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBookOfEli View Post
    Because Tuck is a has been and Kiwi is not that great.
    truth hurts, but its the truth

atleast there are bodies at DE.. who plays next to Joseph? the LBs.. haha and the corners can't stay healthy

Quote Originally Posted by egyptian420 View Post
    I'll tell you what he is: better that Tuck at this point; unless Tuck really improves his game. There's no way Kiwi could be worst than Osi on those outside runs either.

I just think out of Kiwi, Tracy, and Ojomo, someone will outperform Tuck and take that spot. That Should be sufficient enough along with JPP and a better DT like Richardson with Linval.
    Kiwi? hes 30 and on the decline. Hes not a true DE because we already ****ed that up.

Tracy? Havent seen anything to suggest he is starter material

Ojomo? Ok, he had a good preseason. I was excited about him too, but he didnt play all year. What does that tell us?

Tuck? Hes had like 7 sacks in 2 years combined. Hes just a gap filler.

IMO we have only 1 true starting DE, and thats JPP.

Sooo...all those names you mentioned....wheres the permanent, producing starter opposite JPP? And what if someone gets hurt?

You are not thinking logically.

Lol I ask myself the same question almost every year, and then we pick another DE, lol. I guess its just up to whos left at our pick. Reese and Coughlin seem to stick to there boards, whoever is the best available on there charts, they pick, regardless of team needs. We stole JPP, so I trust Reese to get us the best guy available.

Kiwi? hes 30 and on the decline. Hes not a true DE because we already ****ed that up.

Agreed. Well never know what Kiwi could have been.

Im actually kind of pissed that we did that to him. He was a top tier, all american DE in college for BC.

Of course he would accept the position change. He needs money to make a living too...just like you and I.

To be honest, we really screwed up. At this point Kiwi is sort of like a what-could-have-been more so than he is a what-could-be at DE.

Tracy? Havent seen anything to suggest he is starter material

Ojomo? Ok, he had a good preseason. I was excited about him too, but he didnt play all year. What does that tell us?

Tuck? Hes had like 7 sacks in 2 years combined. Hes just a gap filler.

IMO we have only 1 true starting DE, and thats JPP.

Sooo...all those names you mentioned....wheres the permanent, producing starter opposite JPP? And what if someone gets hurt?

You are not thinking logically.
    I'm thinking "next man up" is a better strategy for our DE situation than DT and LB (where if you want to talk unproven nobody's those 2 positions are goldmines)

Quote Originally Posted by egyptian420 View Post
    I'm thinking "next man up" is a better strategy for our DE situation than DT and LB (where if you want to talk unproven nobody's those 2 positions are goldmines)
    I agree. We have our work cut out for us on defense this offseason.

All I'm saying is I dont think we can overlook DE.

Did you guys know that Mathias Kiwanuka's grandfather was the first prime minister of Uganda?

I thought that was pretty cool....just found out from Wikipedia