+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    I don't think Reese will pass on a DE stud if one lands at 19 th. There's no freaking way ! Remember 2006 ? Osi, Strahan and Tuck on board and Reese picks Kiwi. This year we lose Osi and no one thinks Jerry can pull the trigger on a 1st round DE ? I'm just putting things in perspective and for sure know is possible.

Oh by the way this thread should be move .

I'd like to sign Wallace Gilberry if we could, so we can afford to look in other direction in RD1, without worrying so much about it.. I am one who would like to see waht Ojomo could offer with more of a role on this team, as he was so darn impressive last preseason, but we certainly do need to add someone, if not early in the draft, mid to late, or a FA... Gilberry would do it for me, and a Gilbery, Tuck, JPP, Ojomo 4some, would be great..

Quote Originally Posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
    I don't think Reese will pass on a DE stud if one lands at 19 th. There's no freaking way ! Remember 2006 ? Osi, Strahan and Tuck on board and Reese picks Kiwi. This year we lose Osi and no one thinks Jerry can pull the trigger on a 1st round DE ? I'm just putting things in perspective and for sure know is possible.
    They are in a tough place to find snaps immediately. Im more worried about the following season when Tuck is a FA, then your left with no options. This season they may just hope Tuck/Kiwi can have a resurgence. The thing is people act like the Giants have used so many picks on DE's. The fact is they have picked 1 in the last 5 drafts "JPP" thats it.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Giants dont have any natural pass rushers thats why. Osi was the only edge rusher on the team. Tuck looks finished, Kiwi is solid Id like to see him get more snaps instead of Tuck at SDE. It doesnt have to be a DE The Giants just need another elite pass rusher whether that be a LB , 3 Tech, or DE. That pass rush has to get better and im not optimistic about Ojomo or Tracy contributing more than Tollefson
    +1

Our #1 priority on defense has to be to improve our pass rush.

Maponga from TCU could be great value. We could pick him up in the later rounds. Also as a side note, he has played against RGIII in college.

Starter
    Yea I'm not opposed to getting help at dend but we have a dend already an if hes no help ay dend from what u guys say we might as well cut kiwi cause no starting line backer should have 30 tackles, Everyone says jpp had an off year but he still had 66 tackles from the line....

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    They are in a tough place to find snaps immediately. Im more worried about the following season when Tuck is a FA, then your left with no options. This season they may just hope Tuck/Kiwi can have a resurgence. The thing is people act like the Giants have used so many picks on DE's. The fact is they have picked 1 in the last 5 drafts "JPP" thats it.
    That's a fact. I don't think Kiwi is the solution even more long term. I like how Kiwi has played SAM and the pass rushing ability he brings to the position. Next year could be a problem if Tuck goes trying to fill a gap with a " no miss mentality " , I think there's a high possibility the Giants try to built strenght at the position this year if theres a stud DE available. OT seems like a position of need if own FAs are not taken care of but if Beatty signs even if Boothe walks they will have more room to maneuver.

I think it will be a best value pick, a DE or CB would be solid picks!

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I'd like to sign Wallace Gilberry if we could, so we can afford to look in other direction in RD1, without worrying so much about it.. I am one who would like to see waht Ojomo could offer with more of a role on this team, as he was so darn impressive last preseason, but we certainly do need to add someone, if not early in the draft, mid to late, or a FA... Gilberry would do it for me, and a Gilbery, Tuck, JPP, Ojomo 4some, would be great..
    Gilberry is an interesting name his pressure numbers per snap are very impressive. Coughlin is familiar with him as he was signed by the Giants in 08 as UDFA. Its about the money im sure NFL teams are familiar with him