+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: sleeper picks

sleeper picks

I haven't seen a thread really devoted to sleepers. I believe making picks in the 2nd day that contribute to the team make your team have great depth and we dont have to sign big name free agents (since big name FA have not gone that well for us in past years) Lavar Arrington blew his achilles out sadly, Sam Madison didnt do anything special, more recently we have done better but overpaid players likr Chris Canty, Rolle etc...
    When we made the run to win the SB vs the unbeaten Pats we had many players we drafted contributing Boss, Bradshaw, Smith etc.I like looking for sleeper picks last year I was glad we got Adrien Robinson bc he was on my sleeper list for his athletic ability and had to take into consideration that for Cincinnati he was primarily a blocker so his stats were not a reflection on the player he can become with right coaching (Our TE is a great groomer of TE's)

My sleeper list

1) Le'veon Bell (Mich. St.) Big hard running back with surprising nice moves and footwork. He is durable and he has produced well. Could be that goal line back that we could use. We have Wilson who is very quick fast and a hard runner. If we have added him we could have our "earth wind and fire" back like when we were dominating teams on the ground and we controlled the clock. Bell could possibly be there with our 3rd pick unless he wows people with 40 times etc.

2) Reggie Dunn (Utah) a WR/Return man he will most likely not be drafted for his WR skills but he is a good returner last year took 4 all the way on only 10 returns! I think that speaks for itself. Then we would not have to worry about Wilson getting banged up returning kicks.

3) Bacarri Rambo (Georgia) S who was a big part of the bulldog defense. He is not given the credit he deserves bc of the other members of their defense who will be 1st rounders most likely

4) Leon McFadden (San Diego State) CB who was a very reliable corner for SDSU and he can tackle well too. He could be a nice CB to add for depth for teams who like those 4-5 WR sets.

5) Andrew Jackson (Western Kentucky) MLB 109 tackles last year 3.5 sacks. He is a pyshical LB from the same hometown as Ray Lewis. He says that he has molded his game after him. Has good instincts and his coverage skills arent bad either. With the right opportunity he could become a solid playerThat is my list off the top of my head. I would like to hear what you guys think of my choices and to give some your own and will give feedback as well. I will look for some clips of these guys to put on here so you can get a look at these guys.
    Last edited by NYGfanSTRICK; 02-15-2013 at 09:28 PM.

my sleeper is Joe Kruger, DE from Utah.. 6'7 280.. beast

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    my sleeper is Joe Kruger, DE from Utah.. 6'7 280.. beast
    andrew jackson I believe went back to school..the kid is a beast though.

Yeah Kruger is a good player. Utah has some good d lineman in the draft this year! What round are you thinking that he will go?

Jackson went back? Dang I am hoping that we can address the MLB situation on the first day. I need to look into some more d lineman. Slyvester Williams could be a good pickup but I was watching some tape and he was getting blown off the line quiet a bit. We dont need another DT who cant get push.

Quote Originally Posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
    Yeah Kruger is a good player. Utah has some good d lineman in the draft this year! What round are you thinking that he will go?
    5th..?

Quote Originally Posted by juice33s View Post
    this is the guy redeye said was selling pot to undercover cops while at practice!

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    this is the guy redeye said was selling pot to undercover cops while at practice!
    I honestly could careless if he sold a gram of weed to some guy....The greatest Giant of all time used to smoke crack before games

Quote Originally Posted by juice33s View Post
    I honestly could careless if he sold a gram of weed to some guy....The greatest Giant of all time used to smoke crack before games
    but not why he was in college,,much different,,and it should be a bit alarming that not only was he selling drugs,,but had them on him at practice and was selling to undercover cops.