+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: sleeper picks

I have found some more sleepers last night after studying for mid terms late last night. I think that they are all good prospects and could make an impact in the NFL

Jordan Campbell OLB New Mexico Highland- Athletic freak, put up 39 reps on the bench which is more than anyone did at the combine. He had 28.5 tackles for loss one year also! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzPexbAVeIE

Rontez Miles S Cal (PA)- He is a real big hitter at the safety position. He looks like he has some good ball skills as well. In the highlight about every other hit is a big hit. Very entertaining highlight. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrq***Ho82o

Kayon Swanson DT Southern Illinois- Gets real pressure up the middle. Can get to the QB which is something we could really use. If we could get pressure up the middle it would allow the DE's to get more sacks as well because there will not be as big as a pocket for QB's to step up into. Looks solid in run support as well. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxgooCDXf-8

Denodus O'Bryant RB Lindenwood- He is supposed to be a sub 4.4 guy. I guess I will know for sure after his pro day. He has very impressive stats although the competition is obviously not the best. He can catch the ball well and can return the ball as well. Looks like an all around RB. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8SBOQFsCBg

Campbell I have seen rated as high as a 4th rounder. That is because they think he will explode at his pro day today. Rontez I have seen in the 6-UDFA range. The other two prospects I have not really seen in mocks at all but I will double check to make sure.

Let me know what you guys think about these guys. I have a few more that I might add later but I am trying to find some better sleepers.

I forgot to mention him in my other post (did in my mocks though) but Vinston Painter is one of my top sleepers. OT/ Virginia Tech. I've seen some project him to go undrafted.
    Last edited by BlueSabbath; 03-07-2013 at 12:35 PM.
    2014 MOCK DRAFT:
    1. CJ Mosley (Alabama, LB)
    2. Odell Beckham Sr. (LSU, WR)
    3. Tre Mason (Auburn, RB)
    4. Anthony Steen (Alabama, OG)

Is he like a big guy who is raw or what is the deal on Painter? I have not heard anything about him. I just saw a youtube clip and he made a nice block about 20 yards down field but that is all I have seen or heard of him. He looked like a pretty big kid.

Here are a few of mine:

George Winn - RB Cincinnati - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuwdTstW1Jg

Mychal Rivera - TE Tennessee - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMyhDNMcADw

D.J. Hayden - CB Houston

Quote Originally Posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
    Is he like a big guy who is raw or what is the deal on Painter? I have not heard anything about him. I just saw a youtube clip and he made a nice block about 20 yards down field but that is all I have seen or heard of him. He looked like a pretty big kid.
    I have no idea why he is so under the radar. I've watched him a few times and thought he looked good. Good power and really good athleticism. I noticed as I watched film for other players I always noticed him making great blocks. His workout numbers were really good too. He's a guy I'll definitely be keeping up with. Would be a great get for us late in the draft.
    2014 MOCK DRAFT:
    1. CJ Mosley (Alabama, LB)
    2. Odell Beckham Sr. (LSU, WR)
    3. Tre Mason (Auburn, RB)
    4. Anthony Steen (Alabama, OG)

Quote Originally Posted by tdawg1413 View Post
    Here are a few of mine:

George Winn - RB Cincinnati - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuwdTstW1Jg

Mychal Rivera - TE Tennessee - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMyhDNMcADw

D.J. Hayden - CB Houston
    Winn is solid and I really like Rivera. He has nice hands for sure. I would like to see him on the Giants. We have not had a really good receiving TE since Shockey I feel like. I mean Boss, Ballard, Bennett were all good but I feel like blocking was their strong suits. Eli plays well when he has a TE that he can rely on in the passing game.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSabbath View Post
    I have no idea why he is so under the radar. I've watched him a few times and thought he looked good. Good power and really good athleticism. I noticed as I watched film for other players I always noticed him making great blocks. His workout numbers were really good too. He's a guy I'll definitely be keeping up with. Would be a great get for us late in the draft.
    I watched David Wilsons college highlights in hope that I could see some of his blocking and stuff but I could not find him. I really hope we can find a OT in the draft like 3 round or later who can become a starter. Who knows maybe this kid could be the one.

We have usually one guy who we draft mid to late round who comes in and does help us out. 2007 Boss 5th round, Michael Johnson 7th, Ahmad Bradshaw 7th. 2008 Jonathan Goff 5th round, 2009 Andre Brown 4th, 2010 Mitch Petrus (came in at times when needed), 2011 6th rounders Greg Jones, Tyler Sash, JWill. 2012 Markus Kuhn 7th round (came in and played well I thought before injury). I just wish we could capitalize more in the first few rounds more often. We have had quite a few 2-3 picks the last few years who have not done really anything. Last year I loved our first three though Wilson, Randle, Hosley.

Hopefully this year we can put it all together and have almost all of our picks contribute to the team. 2007 we did a pretty good job of that and I feel like that helped us make a run because of all of those young guys helping out.

I really like the sleepers that you guys have named and maybe we name a person or two that we actually draft and they do good things for us.

Quote Originally Posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
    Winn is solid and I really like Rivera. He has nice hands for sure. I would like to see him on the Giants. We have not had a really good receiving TE since Shockey I feel like. I mean Boss, Ballard, Bennett were all good but I feel like blocking was their strong suits. Eli plays well when he has a TE that he can rely on in the passing game.
    The way we use our TE's though, a strict receiving TE doesn't fit. That was supposed to be Beckum. A more well rounded TE would fit our scheme. Kelce from Cincinnati would be perfect.

That is probably true that we need a balanced TE but Beckum was undersized and was basically a WR who weighed a little more out there. I mean Rivera at least looks like a TE so I am sure that he could be used in our system fine. Kelce is solid though too, I would like it if we brought one of them in.

Sleepers for diffrent rounds.. Some guys aren't sleepers per say for whole draft but just a bit underrated at this point, and some are legit sleepers..

Nick Kasa TE Colorado- I love this kid as a sleeper TE
    Zach Sudfeld TE Nevada
    TJ Johnson C/G South Carolina- Big, strong, technically sound SEC tested interior lineman...
    JC Tretter G Cornell- I like this kid alot, and hes got "giant" written all over em.. Former TE is athletic and has quick feet...
    Brian Winters OT/G Kent St- Was impressed the 3or4 times i seen him play, and again, hes got a Gritty giants type olineman feel to em..
    Earl Wolff S NC State- Been a sleeper of mine for this entire yr now. Can hit hard, and is leader who defends run very well, and no slouch against pass..
    David Bass DE Missouri Western St- Reminds me alittle bit of OSI..
    Kerwynn Williams RB Utah St- I liked em before the combine alot, and combine just furthered my liking of Williams...
    Micah Hyde CB Iowa
    Demontre Hurst CB Oklahoma
    Mark Harrison WR Rutgers- Hard not to be intrigued by a kid this size with his speed...
    Josh Boyd DT Miss St- Has a good rotational player feel to em..Reminds me some of Rocky Bernard
    Keith Pough OLB Howard- Impressive at shrine and has good size and hitting ability...

These are some sleepers i like.. Some sleepers i like arent' sleepers anymore, as they moved well above that, including Jamar Taylor and Darius Slay for starters...