+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: sleeper picks

I like many of the people you have listed. Winters is a stud. Wolff is solid, Williams is really quick. Micah Hyde is underrated big time, pretty solid player. Harrison is a very interesting player with his size and speed. I like the list man.

Quote Originally Posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
    I like many of the people you have listed. Winters is a stud. Wolff is solid, Williams is really quick. Micah Hyde is underrated big time, pretty solid player. Harrison is a very interesting player with his size and speed. I like the list man.
    Thanks.. Hyde is certainly underrated, and was simply on a crappy team.. Teams are wondering if hes a S or CB at NFL level, but i think he can be versatile defender for us, and i remember not to long ago, people liked him better then Shaun Prater, who was solid CB and now in NFL...

Kerwynn Williams also did well in blocking drills at shrine and can catch the ball extremely well, and can gain yards after contact despite his size, making him a jack of all trades RB< who i think would be nice backup for David Wilson..

I moved to the midwest so I have seen plenty of Iowa games and I think Hyde is better than Prater definitely. Prater was pretty good but he had a slighty better team when he was there. Hyde pretty much had no help on defense and he played well. Hyde is a bigger guy too so that was part of the reason why I liked him a lot. He played pretty much just CB from what I remember. I am not sure why sites have him listed as a safety. I am sure that he can play FS and play it pretty well but he probably is more comfortable at CB.

I moved to the midwest so I have seen plenty of Iowa games and I think Hyde is better than Prater definitely. Prater was pretty good but he had a slighty better team when he was there. Hyde pretty much had no help on defense and he played well. Hyde is a bigger guy too so that was part of the reason why I liked him a lot. He played pretty much just CB from what I remember. I am not sure why sites have him listed as a safety. I am sure that he can play FS and play it pretty well but he probably is more comfortable at CB.
    He worked at Safety during the 2011 spring practices and then started first 2games there in the fall before moving back to Corner.. The reason being is top end speed.. The guys always been versatile, as in High school, he kicked over 100ex points, threw and ran for over 100tds, and intercepting 8passes as a Safety.. Hes just a versatile football player who i think can do many things for a club, which brings his value up in my opinion.. But u can see why some teams think possibly saftey because hes got expierence there in high school and alittle in college, plus his size is FS esque and with lack of top end speed, might be best fit.. I think he'll be a bit of both, and versatile player for whoever drafts him..

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    He worked at Safety during the 2011 spring practices and then started first 2games there in the fall before moving back to Corner.. The reason being is top end speed.. The guys always been versatile, as in High school, he kicked over 100ex points, threw and ran for over 100tds, and intercepting 8passes as a Safety.. Hes just a versatile football player who i think can do many things for a club, which brings his value up in my opinion.. But u can see why some teams think possibly saftey because hes got expierence there in high school and alittle in college, plus his size is FS esque and with lack of top end speed, might be best fit.. I think he'll be a bit of both, and versatile player for whoever drafts him..
    He could be a solid FS if he got taught the schemes. He has really good ball skills and excels in zone coverage. We like to run zone a lot so that is a positive. He does not have top notch speed with a 4.56 but he has pretty good size and can tackle well. I think he could be like a 3rd Safety/CB on 4 WR sets. I like the kid and think he does have a bright future with which ever teams picks him

Another kid that is a low risk high reward type of guy that you might be able to get very late in the draft is Walter Stewart from Cinci. The kid was having a good Senior year. I think I read somewhere that Mayock claims he was a top 10 talent after a few games. After about his 5th game he got a neck injury and was out of the rest of the season. He was diagnosed with a neck disease of some sort I believe. He has got evaluated by quite a few doctors after the season and he is getting some saying he can play for sure and some are saying that he should not. If we got a team doctor to evaluate the kid and he thought Stewart can play than we could get a serious steal later in the draft.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9QcWcCPDrI footage vs Pitt. Kid gets off the ball very fast it looks like!

I haven't seen a thread really devoted to sleepers. I believe making picks in the 2nd day that contribute to the team make your team have great depth and we dont have to sign big name free agents (since big name FA have not gone that well for us in past years) Lavar Arrington blew his achilles out sadly, Sam Madison didnt do anything special, more recently we have done better but overpaid players likr Chris Canty, Rolle etc...
    When we made the run to win the SB vs the unbeaten Pats we had many players we drafted contributing Boss, Bradshaw, Smith etc.I like looking for sleeper picks last year I was glad we got Adrien Robinson bc he was on my sleeper list for his athletic ability and had to take into consideration that for Cincinnati he was primarily a blocker so his stats were not a reflection on the player he can become with right coaching (Our TE is a great groomer of TE's)

My sleeper list

1) Le'veon Bell (Mich. St.) Big hard running back
    2) Reggie Dunn (Utah) a WR/Return man

3) Bacarri Rambo (Georgia) S who was a big part of the bulldog defense. He is not given the credit he deserves bc of the other members of their defense who will be 1st rounders most likely

4) Leon McFadden (San Diego State) CB
    5) Andrew Jackson (Western Kentucky) MLB
    That is my list off the top of my head. I would like to hear what you guys think of my choices and to give some your own and will give feedback as well. I will look for some clips of these guys to put on here so you can get a look at these guys.
    Who can ignore the potential for fan love with a guy named Rambo.? If the kid is a hard hitter, the 'Rambo' chants will become like the 'Cruz' chants.... It could be fun. Thanks for your list
    Last edited by zimonami; 03-07-2013 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zimonami View Post
    Who can ignore the potential for fan love with a guy named Rambo.? If the kid is a hard hitter, the 'Rambo' chants will become like the 'Cruz' chants.
    Rambo hits pretty hard haha that would be awesome to hear that cheer. I will post a video of him
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PczX7Ej1b34 (all highlights are pretty much INT's.. there is some rambo the movie in there too haha)
    Last edited by NYGfanSTRICK; 03-07-2013 at 07:08 PM.

Another kid that is a low risk high reward type of guy that you might be able to get very late in the draft is Walter Stewart from Cinci. The kid was having a good Senior year. I think I read somewhere that Mayock claims he was a top 10 talent after a few games. After about his 5th game he got a neck injury and was out of the rest of the season. He was diagnosed with a neck disease of some sort I believe. He has got evaluated by quite a few doctors after the season and he is getting some saying he can play for sure and some are saying that he should not. If we got a team doctor to evaluate the kid and he thought Stewart can play than we could get a serious steal later in the draft.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9QcWcCPDrI footage vs Pitt. Kid gets off the ball very fast it looks like!
    Very intriguing indeed.. We've discussed him a few times...

Another one is Lucas Reed TE New Mexico.. Younger bro of Brooks Reed, and is a good sized TE who has size to pack on a few lbs and had a solid Pro Day to boot, which helps, becuase he had very little recieving numbers becauase New Mexico simply had no pass game to speak of.. Reed could be worth a gamble late...

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Very intriguing indeed.. We've discussed him a few times...

Another one is Lucas Reed TE New Mexico.. Younger bro of Brooks Reed, and is a good sized TE who has size to pack on a few lbs and had a solid Pro Day to boot, which helps, becuase he had very little recieving numbers becauase New Mexico simply had no pass game to speak of.. Reed could be worth a gamble late...
    I was not aware that Stewart came up at all really. I never saw it... maybe it was before I joined since I am fairly new to this message board. I will check out Reed. There are a lot of solid TE's in this class! I really like it