+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
    If they were to chose a DT in the first my boy Johnthan Hankins is my pick . Make no mistake he is a beast. Very athletic for his size, played in Big Ten against huge O-Lines and by far hands down a better player than Shariff. I don"t know why Mayock has Floyd as his 1st and Johnathan at 5 th. I'm no expert but you don't have to be one to see how's the better prospect.
    I heard things about Hankins being lazy, with poor work ethic.. If it's true he won't be a Giant

If we take any DT in the 1st round it better be Sheldon Richardson. DT is a position of need but I think out OL, CB and LB are more critical, so if do take anyone it better be someone that has a Top-10 talent.

Ansah in the first

Khaseem Greene is a beast.. I've been saying that.. Hes got em 3rd on the list at his positon.. Ahead of guys like Mingo and Brown.. I agree...

I will say this though.. Last yr, i was a huge Casey Hayward guy, and i had em 2nd overall at CB positon, while many had em, including mayock like 5th or not even on the list, and hes all ready looking like one of the better Corners to come outta last yrs draft.. So, take anyone, including Mayocks lists with a grain of salt.. Its all just opinions...

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    I heard things about Hankins being lazy, with poor work ethic.. If it's true he won't be a Giant
    I don't know where you read that but that's far form being true in fact he is the exact opposite.
    Do you have a link ?

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel_1 View Post
    If we take any DT in the 1st round it better be Sheldon Richardson. DT is a position of need but I think out OL, CB and LB are more critical, so if do take anyone it better be someone that has a Top-10 talent.
    Sheldon is a great player that plays light on his feet but I don't like the fact he is not good at all as a run stopper and can struggle to anchor and had shoulder surgery more than a year ago. Even if they draft DT in later rounds it will be a run stopper.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
    Sheldon is a great player that plays light on his feet but I don't like the fact he is not good at all as a run stopper and can struggle to anchor and had shoulder surgery more than a year ago. Even if they draft DT in later rounds it will be a run stopper.
    Richardson is a straight gap shooter. Alford is the closest thing the Giants have drafted recently to him. Not sure if they look for players like him. I think they prefer stouter guys against the run. Sylvester Williams in the 2nd round possibly
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 02-17-2013 at 11:18 AM.

I think it makes more sense to grade the pass rushing LB's in other category. Dion Jordan and Greene shouldnt be graded in the same top 5

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Richardson is a straight gap shooter. Alford is the closest thing the Giants have drafted recently to him. Not sure if they look for players like him. I think they prefer stouter guys against the run. Sylvester Williams in the 2nd round possibly
    Exactly ! And if you look back in recent years the Giants draft and develop their own DT's. Rarely they sign a DT to long term, FA or own draft picks ( recently Canty only exception) letting them walk when rookie contract expires. I feel they will continue with this trend and continue drafting DT to replace the ones who leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Austin too, thats what he was.