+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Giants Aim To Re-Sign LB

Quote Originally Posted by Giant stuck in Texas View Post
    It would be silly not to bring him back. He's a great depth player that knows the play book and has a great passion for the game, all for a fair price.
    +1
    “Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don’t do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”(Vince Lombardi)

2014 draft wishlist..
    1. Charles Sims

Quote Originally Posted by NorwoodBlue View Post
    Who besides us is so desparate for MLB help that they'd sign Chase. There are teams out there who's back-ups are way better than Chase.
    You have to realize that the Giants will not draft a linebacker in the earlier rounds. So, if they can't pick an upgrade up in free agency (not a lot of cap space) then there would be a possibility of having to start Herzlick. If this doomsday scenario doesn't scare you, I don't even know what to say.

Yes, I realize that there is a decent shot that Chase won't be picked up by another team but the chance of Herzlick starting is 10x scarier than Chase starting.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Thing is, off-field incidents can have on-field implications, be it via injury, suspension or simply poor play. There's also the marketing factor - you don't want to take on a guy who is going to become detrimental to the team's image.
    Yes, people make mistakes, but what chance is there that these mistakes are going to keep happening?

All this has to be taken into account gefore deciding to take on a guy. There is just no guarantee that a player won't re-offend in the future.
    yes i understand this but there are so many good players that have made mistakes, i mean look at Vontez Bufict, yes there id a chance that people repeat offend but our organization would rather have the worst line backers in the league then just take a chance for once on a young player who made a mistake... And not only the organization many fans on this board.... Like i said look how Vontez turned out we could of used him so bad this season but we would never take a chance on a guy like that even undrafted

I hope they re-sign Chase. He's a valuable, capable and affordable backup who is also a leader. There's no good reason NOT to sign him.

People may not like him as a starter, but it's not Chase's fault because he's not a starter and the FO hasn't brought in anyone better at the mike.

OMG YOU GUYS COREY TOASTER GAVE UP THE MOST YARDS OUT OF ANYONE ON DEFENSE

SO IT ONLY MAKES SENSE THAT WE CUT CHASE BLACKBURN. YEAH. TOTAL SENSE...

SERIOUSLY

okay, i'm done now...

Post 4/20 mock draft:
    Round 1: Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, FS, Alabama
    Round 2: ASJ, TE, Washington
    Round 3: Marcus Martin, C, USC
    Round 4: Shayne Skov, ILB, Stanford
    Round 5: Khairi Fortt, OLB, California
    Round 6: Ethan Westbrooks, DE, West Texas A&M
    Round 6 comp: Cornelius Lucas, OT, Kansas State

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    OMG YOU GUYS COREY TOASTER GAVE UP THE MOST YARDS OUT OF ANYONE ON DEFENSE

SO IT ONLY MAKES SENSE THAT WE CUT CHASE BLACKBURN. YEAH. TOTAL SENSE...

SERIOUSLY

okay, i'm done now...
    Well, I don't know man. Webster will only make 820% more than Blackburn. He is a downright steal at 7 million plus and Chase is too expensive at 800 thousand plus...

Quote Originally Posted by BigJ View Post
    yes i understand this but there are so many good players that have made mistakes, i mean look at Vontez Bufict, yes there id a chance that people repeat offend but our organization would rather have the worst line backers in the league then just take a chance for once on a young player who made a mistake... And not only the organization many fans on this board.... Like i said look how Vontez turned out we could of used him so bad this season but we would never take a chance on a guy like that even undrafted
    Of course, plenty of people on this board made similar remarks about us not being more aggressive in trying to draft Rolando McClain in the 2010 draft Followed by plenty who were very critical of Reese selecting the "project"--their words, not mine--Jason Pierre-Paul.

Three years later, McClain is all but released by the Raiders..After at least 5 brushes with the law in the last 2 years (including involvement in a shooting incident last fall), being demoted to the bench a month into his 3rd season, and having been suspended for 2 games this past season for "conduct detrimental". And he was drafted #8 overall.

Where are those members now?

There are times character does matter, when it is tied to work ethic and ultimate performance success, the Giants have traditionally at least tried to weed out the character-challenged players (not always successful, but who is 100%?), and I am glad they do so.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen46 View Post
    Of course, plenty of people on this board made similar remarks about us not being more aggressive in trying to draft Rolando McClain in the 2010 draft Followed by plenty who were very critical of Reese selecting the "project"--their words, not mine--Jason Pierre-Paul.

Three years later, McClain is all but released by the Raiders..After at least 5 brushes with the law in the last 2 years (including involvement in a shooting incident last fall), being demoted to the bench a month into his 3rd season, and having been suspended for 2 games this past season for "conduct detrimental". And he was drafted #8 overall.

Where are those members now?

There are times character does matter, when it is tied to work ethic and ultimate performance success, the Giants have traditionally at least tried to weed out the character-challenged players (not always successful, but who is 100%?), and I am glad they do so.
    Bradshaw was a criminal. He stole a ..... playstation.

I find that really, really funny for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    Bradshaw was a criminal. He stole a ..... playstation.

I find that really, really funny for whatever reason.
    And he served jail time, too. 1 month each June of 07 and 08, wasn't it?

One more month served than Dante Stallworth served for vehicular homicide. (Sorry, that's an old thread issue from back in the "Bring back Plaxico after he's released from prison" days of 3-4 years ago. Couldn't resist the reference to the idiocy of some state laws).

+ Reply to Thread