+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    I like Chase.....he's all heart. But we should really be looking to upgrade.
    + freakin' 1. We're trying to get young and fast. This would be a step in the wrong direction.
    2014 Our Picks "Don't you just love this draft?! "#Sexy
    Round, Player, Position

1) Pick- Odell Beckham Jr.! /WR
    2) Pick- Weston Richburg /C
    3) Pick- Jay Bromley /DT
    4) Pick- Andre Williams! /RB
    5) Pick- Nat Berhe! /SS
    5) Pick- Devon Kennard /LB (Comp.)
    6) Pick- Bennett Jackson /CB

One good thing about chase you never hear this crap

man crush on RG3 my mind is not into the game maybe I will retire. I am gassed after 5 plays in a row.
    Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

Telling me that a middle of the road FA is welcome back at the right price isn't really news. I read this article and see nothing but this "a defense that allowed a franchise-record 6,134 total yards" and then I shudder to think Fewell will be back next year.

I give the guy a lot of credit. He has hung around in the NFL for 8 seasons thats damn impressive

not goin to need his slowness on the field for anything

Quote Originally Posted by PBTimmons View Post
    Baseless article. He was great in the SB run, but blackburn would only be a detriment to this team. He's not even good depth for $850k next year.
    Detriment?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

This is rather a foolish debate. This is not a zero sum decision for Reese. The Giants typically retain 7-8 LBs on the roster. They can extend Chase for 1-2 more years AND upgrade the unit through draft and/or FA. They've already released Boley soly due to cap issues. They may or may not retain Herzlich--he'll have to compete this spring/summer to remain on the team. Chase has proven--repeatedly--over his 8 seasons that he adds value to the team, if only as a quality back up LBer that can play all 3 positions adequately and continued his strong ST play this year. These are valuable assets of a professional back up.

Blackburn knows that is his value to the team. He knows he won't be offered a starter LB position by any other team, and he knows he won't be offered--at age 30--a significant mutli-million dollar, multi-year contract from any other team. If you won't take my word for it, listen to his interviews over the past 2 years.

And if anyone doesn't think Reese will approach Chase with all that in mind, you aren't paying attention. Every player cannot be a legitimate starter. No team can afford to pay 53 legitimate starters. Reese knows this, and Chase knows this.

Reese won't try to screw or insult Blackburn with his offer. And I believe that Blackburn's agent, as well as Blackburn himself, know what's fair and will act accordingly. And that will still allow for "upgrade" replacements for Boley, and possibly for Herzlich, possibly for Kiwi ([I]if[/I][ he's moved back to DE,
    and even possibly for Rivers (injury issues).

the article said that Blackburn solidified the run defense, when did that happen and how did I not see it

Veteran
    Chase is a great guy, and plays with a lot of heart.. He's a back up player that adds depth. We need to address that issue and hopefully re-sign chase for depth.

Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    You can't really use that as an arguement considering Reese's philosophy on pass rushers vs linebackers. It's not like Chase was competing with the cream of the crop. Love him and his fire.....but we need to upgrade.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24FvP-tyyTs
    IMO Chase is only here because he has no competition and that is something that has to change this year or it will just be more of the same...