+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Realistically, how much could we have Webster restructure to?

Quote Originally Posted by sharick88 View Post
    Seriously though, ask me when free agency starts. I should have a better answer for you by then. No way you can be satisfied with Webster at starting CB. It got so bad that teams were looking for where he was at and they simply abused the hell out of him.
    He wasn't as bad as he was in the Baltimore game all season. I think that's the game that stands out in everyone's minds. While I think he played very poorly this past season, I do not believe that it was anything more than just a bad year. He had a broken hand early and was troubled by a hammy later in the year. And I'd still be more comfortable with Webster starting than anyone that is currently on our roster. If we can find a replacement in FA that will give us quality play and prove to be a discount on what Webster is making, then I'm all for doing what needs to be done. But, creating an even bigger hole just for the sake of clearing some cap room I am not in favor of.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan12 View Post
    no but he is already under contract so i would be ok with him if he restructues that low
    Paying him $2MM means that he is about a $5MM cap hit.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    He wasn't as bad as he was in the Baltimore game all season. I think that's the game that stands out in everyone's minds. While I think he played very poorly this past season, I do not believe that it was anything more than just a bad year. He had a broken hand early and was troubled by a hammy later in the year. And I'd still be more comfortable with Webster starting than anyone that is currently on our roster. If we can find a replacement in FA that will give us quality play and prove to be a discount on what Webster is making, then I'm all for doing what needs to be done. But, creating an even bigger hole just for the sake of clearing some cap room I am not in favor of.
    Seeing as how everyone here turns on our players at the drop of a hat, its not surprising that they want to get rid of Webster.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty192 View Post
    Seeing as how everyone here turns on our players at the drop of a hat, its not surprising that they want to get rid of Webster.
    If we had an answer on our roster already, I think he would be gone. But, as it stands now, even though he's overpaid and under performed last season we just don't have any other reasonable option at this point other than hoping that he'll take a straight pay cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    If we had an answer on our roster already, I think he would be gone. But, as it stands now, even though he's overpaid and under performed last season we just don't have any other reasonable option at this point other than hoping that he'll take a straight pay cut.
    When opposing QB's prefer to target you over rookies, you are in pretty big trouble. Factor in a 7 million cap hit to a team in bad cap shape, this turns into a no brainer.

+ Reply to Thread