+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sharick88 View Post
    What he meant to say is that a mannequin would have been just as effective as Webster was last season.
    yup
    FUTURE NFL STAR

Quote Originally Posted by ryan12 View Post
    if i showed you highlights from flag football you would agree... jk yes i did say that but that was after arguing with you and drez defending him.
    This MB cracks me up sometimes. Its like everyone here has to argue an extreme position.
    The reality is that Webby had a poor season. The reality is that injuries may have played a roll. The reality also is that your 6 year old CANNOT cover as well as Webby.
    My position is that he doesn't suck. Its also that he is overpaid at $7MM and needs to take a pay cut. If he isn't willing, it would be wise for us to get rid of that $7mm from the cap and cut him. Not because he sucks, not because your 6 year old evidentally has great ball skills, but because he's not worth top 10 CB money.

So I'm sorry, its not always black and white.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

which was/is the reason why i was bashing him and that other useless roster spot david diehl
    Webster and Diehl both should be cut IMO. The only thing keeping them on this roster are the cap hits the team would take in cutting them. I think that they're so high that we might as well keep them around.
    Close or you hit the bricks

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    This MB cracks me up sometimes. Its like everyone here has to argue an extreme position.
    The reality is that Webby had a poor season. The reality is that injuries may have played a roll. The reality also is that your 6 year old CANNOT cover as well as Webby.
    My position is that he doesn't suck. Its also that he is overpaid at $7MM and needs to take a pay cut. If he isn't willing, it would be wise for us to get rid of that $7mm from the cap and cut him. Not because he sucks, not because your 6 year old evidentally has great ball skills, but because he's not worth top 10 CB money.

So I'm sorry, its not always black and white.
    you are talking about people wanting to argue points? lol good one. and saying my 6 year old can cover better then webster was a joke, sarcasim something you know plenty about. please tell me you didnt think i was serious. and from this post you are saying he isnt a #1 cb but he is paid like one which means he SUCKS
    FUTURE NFL STAR

Quote Originally Posted by sharick88 View Post
    Webster and Diehl both should be cut IMO. The only thing keeping them on this roster are the cap hits the team would take in cutting them. I think that they're so high that we might as well keep them around.
    we would save money buy cutting those 2
    FUTURE NFL STAR

you are talking about people wanting to argue points? lol good one. and saying my 6 year old can cover better then webster was a joke, sarcasim something you know plenty about. please tell me you didnt think i was serious. and from this post you are saying he isnt a #1 cb but he is paid like one which means he SUCKS
    I'll let you in on a secret. I really didn't think that you thought your 6 year old could cover better than Webby.

But my point was a retort to your earlier point that I was arguing 2 sides of this question.
    I like Webby at about $2 to $3MM. I don't think we should cut him if we can get him down to that which would save about $4 or $5 MM on the cap.
    I don't like Webby at $7MM.
    But I also don't think he sucks. I think he had a bad year, probably due to many factors, age and injuries being the most likely combination.

But don't give up on your kid's cover skills quit yet!

Well Sharrick is wrong on the cap question. But DD and Webby have dead moneythat goes against the cap if they stay of go. The question is..are they worth the salary money they will get this season.
    I suspect that DD will take a pay cut and I'm up in the air about Webby. He may think he could get more than what the FO wants to pay him in the FA market.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I'll let you in on a secret. I really didn't think that you thought your 6 year old could cover better than Webby.

But my point was a retort to your earlier point that I was arguing 2 sides of this question.
    I like Webby at about $2 to $3MM. I don't think we should cut him if we can get him down to that which would save about $4 or $5 MM on the cap.
    I don't like Webby at $7MM.
    But I also don't think he sucks. I think he had a bad year, probably due to many factors, age and injuries being the most likely combination.

But don't give up on your kid's cover skills quit yet!
    i agree i wouldnt have a issue with wester at $2M but he isnt going to take that much of a hit. and as far as his play goes he had a HORRIBLE year and if one of the reasons were age guess what he is a year older and slower. webster has had some good years with us but i dont see him getting any better and i get sick to my stomach with the thought of him getting burnt on a play and then giving up. just like in baseball when you hit a grounder you "run it out" well he has getting toasted (which happens) but he would stop running. i cant watch that again this year
    FUTURE NFL STAR

For real? Cut both of them right now then.
    Close or you hit the bricks

i agree i wouldnt have a issue with wester at $2M but he isnt going to take that much of a hit. and as far as his play goes he had a HORRIBLE year and if one of the reasons were age guess what he is a year older and slower. webster has had some good years with us but i dont see him getting any better and i get sick to my stomach with the thought of him getting burnt on a play and then giving up. just like in baseball when you hit a grounder you "run it out" well he has getting toasted (which happens) but he would stop running. i cant watch that again this year
    So you would pay a CB that SUCKS $2MM?