+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why does no one want to take a LBer? Alec Ogletree would do WONDERS for this defense

i dont watch college ball other than a game here and there... and i'm far from a talent evaluator... but i've been of the opinion for awhile now that we could really use a playmaking potential star at linebacker. we've had some solid guys over the years but never a true star or guy that makes plays every game to help you win.

i would love if we got a guy like that in this draft. if this guy has that potential i would love the pick.

on the other hand i feel like we've neglected the o-line over the years with beatty being our only high pick on the line. i think the offense is this team's strength and mostly on the arm of eli. we've got receivers, a potential great back... we need the o-line to keep our offense scoring points. so i hope we get o-line, lb or d line in the first 3 rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    and the 1 42 mark, notice the dl kept him clean. when ol get their hands on him, he becomes ineffective
    My exact sentiments, and when you look at the DTs on our roster an there most recent performance makes me wonder if we need to get a DT in the draft. In the end I think it would be a mistake to drat for need in the first round. BPA, no matter what. At 19 I like Ogeltree's chances of being our BPA. The best DTs will be gone as well as the top OL and DEs.

You can't say go BPA and take a MLB in the first unless he's a consensus top 10 pick like Luke was. Or McClain.

I am down for Ogletree..
    (1)Aaron Donald, DT Pittsburgh - (2)Jordan Matthews, WR Vanderbilt - (3)Jack Mewhort, OL Ohio State
    (4)Arthur Lynch, TE Georgia - (5)Bryan Stork, C Florida State - (5)Tyler Gaffney, RB Stanford
    (6)Prince Shembo, OLB Notre Dame

WTF are you talking about? The only thing people talk about is how we should either get a LB or OL in the first.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    WTF are you talking about? The only thing people talk about is how we should either get a LB or OL in the first.
    This. The topic has been beaten to a pulp.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    LOL and do I care? Who called JPP to the Giants? No one so I couldn't care less. The Giants started two 6th round LBs in 2011 and resigned a vet off the streets and you think all of a sudden they're going to draft a LB in round 1?

And the last time the Giants picked an olineman in the first was since Nam so again you think that's going to be broken? Okay then.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    This. The topic has been beaten to a pulp.
    For real. Every day there's at least 3 new threads about how we need to take a LB.

Wait after Nicks, Wilson, JPP, Prince, KP are we still questioning Reese's preference for BPA in the 1st round? Relax, JR has got this!
    Last edited by B&RWarrior; 02-16-2013 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    LOL and do I care? Who called JPP to the Giants? No one so I couldn't care less. The Giants started two 6th round LBs in 2011 and resigned a vet off the streets and you think all of a sudden they're going to draft a LB in round 1?

And the last time the Giants picked an olineman in the first was since Nam so again you think that's going to be broken? Okay then.
    It's been since '99 that we drafted OL in the first. And as far as trends are concerned, before we drafted Wilson last year, it had been since '00 that we drafted a RB in the first.

+ Reply to Thread