+ Reply to Thread
    All-Pro

Lol!!! When is a TD only worth 4 points?

Watching the Arkansas vs Kansas State Game. It was 13-0 Hogs when their QB threw a 45 yard Td pass on 3rd and long. That made it 19-0.

So u asked how can they only Net 4 pts off a TD?

Hogs lined up for the extra point and had it blocked. It was scooped up and brought back all the way to the house. That's worth 2 points. That made it 19-2 instead of 20-0.
    Talk about two points the hard way. Lol
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Veteran

Re: Lol!!! When is a TD only worth 4 points?

In the old days, the value of a touchdown was only 4 points.

Bench Player

If it was 13-0 and they scored a touchdown which makes it 19-0 cause 13+6= 19 plus the extra point was blocked.

Where do you get the four from?

All-Pro

[quote user="NYG_88"]If it was 13-0 and they scored a touchdown which makes it 19-0 cause 13+6= 19 plus the extra point was blocked.

Where do you get the four from?[/quote]Sorry, it was just a play on words.. The total difference in their lead increased by only 4 after the Td and PAT.
    Ok I will explain..... They were up by 13 prior to the Td. After the extra point try they were up 17. 13+4 equals 17. U are right the td was worth 6 but the extra point try was blocked and the other team took it to the house for 2 points. So it was not 6+1 like usual. It wound up 6-2=4.
    So the whole sequence netted the Hogs a total of 4 points...

I realize the thread was a play on words and understand your point.. A td isn't worth just 4 pts....

Guess its almost like a 14 pt turnaround somewhat. U are on a teams goal line down 7 about to tie it. U fumble and they return it for a td. Now instead of being tied u are down 14. Not the same but just trying to help u out. Lol
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Bench Player

[quote user="miked1958"][quote user="NYG_88"]If it was 13-0 and they scored a touchdown which makes it 19-0 cause 13+6= 19 plus the extra point was blocked.

Where do you get the four from?[/quote]Sorry, it was just a play on words.. The total difference in their lead increased by only 4 after the Td and PAT.
    Ok I will explain..... They were up by 13 prior to the Td. After the extra point try they were up 17. 13+4 equals 17. U are right the td was worth 6 but the extra point try was blocked and the other team took it to the house for 2 points. So it was not 6+1 like usual. It wound up 6-2=4.
    So the whole sequence netted the Hogs a total of 4 points...

I realize the thread was a play on words and understand your point.. A td isn't worth just 4 pts....

Guess its almost like a 14 pt turnaround somewhat. U are on a teams goal line down 7 about to tie it. U fumble and they return it for a td. Now instead of being tied u are down 14. Not the same but just trying to help u out. Lol[/quote]

Now I got you didnt make sense before but now I completely understand.