+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ogletree DUI

Hybrid View

Alec Ogletree stock takes a hit

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...rged-with-dui/

How much do you guys think this will affect him.

This seems to happen at this time every year. Can't say I'm surprised. He still has a lot of tests and interviews coming up so if he can say the right things, then you never know how this will affect his stock. I have a feeling if he's apologetic and then goes out and kills it at the combine....teams may be inclined to look the other way. Or it could be the complete opposite.

I don't think it will hurt him too bad. These kinds of mistakes have happened to a lot young athletes in the past. College kids make mistakes.
    Last edited by titwio; 02-16-2013 at 11:07 PM.

I'd still take him..

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    I'd still take him..
    Maybe everyone will back off and he'll fall to the Giants in the 2nd round.

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    this could be true.. maybe JR will too..

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    he seems to have more off-field issues than just this one occurrence. However, I doubt he drops to the second pick and in our lap. I honestly think we should back off with our 1st also. I don't want to see a Vontez Burfict deal here and lose him to someone in the 6th or worse in drafted FA signings. I still wouldn't bank on it and would pick LB in the first.

Starter
    Idk how old some of you are on here, but I'm in the same shoes as these kids as far as being a college junior. Now I'm not gonna say I've done some of the dumb things as Ogletree but I know people who have and they are not bad people, they just made mistakes.Diehl got a DUi for Christ sake! Also weed is well documented to not be harmful it's being legalized in places. If Ogletree is there at 19 and he's the BPA you take him no questions asked.

Quote Originally Posted by JSpin View Post
    Idk how old some of you are on here, but I'm in the same shoes as these kids as far as being a college junior. Now I'm not gonna say I've done some of the dumb things as Ogletree but I know people who have and they are not bad people, they just made mistakes.Diehl got a DUi for Christ sake! Also weed is well documented to not be harmful it's being legalized in places. If Ogletree is there at 19 and he's the BPA you take him no questions asked.
    As a college junior, you probably haven't had much exposure to the business world.

Football is a business. The draft is by no means an exact science, but teams like the Giants certainly have formulas for decreasing the odds of drafting "busts". Drafting a guy in the first round with an already-checkered past who is dumb enough to get a DUI one week before the scouting combine creates a "bust" risk that the Giant FO, as a business organization, is unlikely to take.

No one is saying that the guy is some sort of terrible person or that he will never be a good football player. Just that he is a risk to take in the first round.

Diehl's situation is not even remotely comparable to this one.

No longer on the giants draft board would be my guess.

Giants simply do not and have not touched a prospect with any red flags in the first round.

DUI vs hoax girlfriend ? That sounds more like a Jets soap opera. They love that.