+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Ogletree DUI

Bench Player
    Well this settles it, if he 's there at 19- the giants will not gamble on him till the 2nd round. So it narrows it down to DE/OT/DT

Quote Originally Posted by evojutsu View Post
    Well this settles it, if he 's there at 19- the giants will not gamble on him till the 2nd round. So it narrows it down to DE/OT/DT
    Could be but don't throw away the possibility of the Giants drafting a CB in the 1st if they make drastic changes to the roster this coming weeks .

Quote Originally Posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
    Could be but don't throw away the possibility of the Giants drafting a CB in the 1st if they make drastic changes to the roster this coming weeks .
    or the fact that if the giants were really high on him, accept what he has to say at the combine, and he happens to slide to 19, maybe it becomes another BPA situation they can't pass up. just throwing it out there, anything is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    or the fact that if the giants were really high on him, accept what he has to say at the combine, and he happens to slide to 19, maybe it becomes another BPA situation they can't pass up. just throwing it out there, anything is possible.
    True. But in large part the first round pick by the Giants will depend in what transpires in coming weeks in the combine and FA, the final needs will shape up when the dust settles form FA. BPA and need practically every year have been even keel with some few exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    Maybe everyone will back off and he'll fall to the Giants in the 2nd round.
    he seems to have more off-field issues than just this one occurrence. However, I doubt he drops to the second pick and in our lap. I honestly think we should back off with our 1st also. I don't want to see a Vontez Burfict deal here and lose him to someone in the 6th or worse in drafted FA signings. I still wouldn't bank on it and would pick LB in the first.

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    really? when did you start your job in the FO? he's a kid, if the giants were high on him, and his interview questions satisfy them, they may very well take him,,BPA could be him at 19 now.
    I don't have to have a job in the FO to know that the Giants FO has NEVER taken a guy in the first round with significant character concerns. If you follow this team at all, you know that is not their way and that this guy will not be drafted by the Giants in the first round.

If you want to keep thinking that there is a chance that the Giants will suddenly change their first round draft philosophy and take this guy, then go right ahead.

Starter
    Idk how old some of you are on here, but I'm in the same shoes as these kids as far as being a college junior. Now I'm not gonna say I've done some of the dumb things as Ogletree but I know people who have and they are not bad people, they just made mistakes.Diehl got a DUi for Christ sake! Also weed is well documented to not be harmful it's being legalized in places. If Ogletree is there at 19 and he's the BPA you take him no questions asked.

Quote Originally Posted by JSpin View Post
    Idk how old some of you are on here, but I'm in the same shoes as these kids as far as being a college junior. Now I'm not gonna say I've done some of the dumb things as Ogletree but I know people who have and they are not bad people, they just made mistakes.Diehl got a DUi for Christ sake! Also weed is well documented to not be harmful it's being legalized in places. If Ogletree is there at 19 and he's the BPA you take him no questions asked.
    As a college junior, you probably haven't had much exposure to the business world.

Football is a business. The draft is by no means an exact science, but teams like the Giants certainly have formulas for decreasing the odds of drafting "busts". Drafting a guy in the first round with an already-checkered past who is dumb enough to get a DUI one week before the scouting combine creates a "bust" risk that the Giant FO, as a business organization, is unlikely to take.

No one is saying that the guy is some sort of terrible person or that he will never be a good football player. Just that he is a risk to take in the first round.

Diehl's situation is not even remotely comparable to this one.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    As a college junior, you probably haven't had much exposure to the business world.

Football is a business. The draft is by no means an exact science, but teams like the Giants certainly have formulas for decreasing the odds of drafting "busts". Drafting a guy in the first round with an already-checkered past who is dumb enough to get a DUI one week before the scouting combine creates a "bust" risk that the Giant FO, as a business organization, is unlikely to take.

No one is saying that the guy is some sort of terrible person or that he will never be a good football player. Just that he is a risk to take in the first round.

Diehl's situation is not even remotely comparable to this one.
    Yea I totally get the business aspect of it (business student) but that's not my problem haha I'm a fan and I want talented players on my team. I'll let the coaches worry about keeping him in line.
    Last edited by JSpin; 02-18-2013 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JSpin View Post
    Yea I totally get the business aspect of it (business student) but that's not my problem haha I'm a fan and I want talented players on my team. I'll let the coaches worry about keeping him in line.
    The Giants have to invest millions of dollars and the best resource in improving the quality of the team into him. How much they care about football matters

+ Reply to Thread