+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Ogletree DUI

You right, its a Business where the Teams invest Millions on players. The giants have been know to stay away from Head Cases.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Speaking of stupidity Daquan Bowers was arrested at Laguardia with a loaded gun

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local...191722191.html

Quote Originally Posted by JSpin View Post
    Yea I totally get the business aspect of it (business student) but that's not my problem haha I'm a fan and I want talented players on my team. I'll let the coaches worry about keeping him in line.
    No, thats not how it works. Not for this team.

There are so many factors you are not figuring into this equation. The Giants HAVE to take a different approach to players than most teams in the league because of the nature of NYC. In NYC immaturity WILL show itself. The nightlife, the parties, and the events combined with the most ruthless media in the world make for public relations disasters. NYG 1st round pics will have more microphones and cameras in front of them in their 1st week with the team than they will their entire life, much like every major market team's 1st round pick. The difference is the media here will try very hard to heckle you and get you to say something stupid and quotable. With all due respect to Philly, there isnt a better collection of hecklers in the world than there is here in NYC and I think they all work in the media.

This is the same media that managed to have half the NYG fans on these very boards asking for the Giants to cut Michael Strahan in 2006. They actually almost managed to run the most likable Giant, perhaps of all time, out of town. If you dont remember the media was all over him for 2 things 1) his very public divorce and 2) his contract discussions with the team.

Here we are on the eve of the biggest moment in Ogletree's life, his draft day, not to mention the combine. How is he handling it? He went out partying and got busted driving drunk. How do you think he would do if he lived here in NYC day in and day out? Here we have a kid who couldnt control himself now, when all the chips are on the table and his future is on the line. Yet, you think this team culd trust him to control himself when the NYC nightlife is temping him every night?

Im sorry, I liked Ogletree as a prospect, prior to this DUI I would not have been upset if we had selected him, although I do think we have more pressing needs. However, now I believe there is zero chance of him being a NYG unless it is in the 2nd or beyond, which is unlikely. This team cares about maturity, character and intelligence and a kid who drives drunk now, during the most important few weeks of his life lacks some of those qualities.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post

what a idiot..!

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post

Like i said,the older i get, the less i respect athletes.. Most of these guys are complete idiots.. I don't know one person that could ever be so stupid.. Seriously, is there a speck of brain cells in some of these guys? I'm not kidding either, is there???lol

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    No, thats not how it works. Not for this team.

There are so many factors you are not figuring into this equation. The Giants HAVE to take a different approach to players than most teams in the league because of the nature of NYC. In NYC immaturity WILL show itself. The nightlife, the parties, and the events combined with the most ruthless media in the world make for public relations disasters. NYG 1st round pics will have more microphones and cameras in front of them in their 1st week with the team than they will their entire life, much like every major market team's 1st round pick. The difference is the media here will try very hard to heckle you and get you to say something stupid and quotable. With all due respect to Philly, there isnt a better collection of hecklers in the world than there is here in NYC and I think they all work in the media.

This is the same media that managed to have half the NYG fans on these very boards asking for the Giants to cut Michael Strahan in 2006. They actually almost managed to run the most likable Giant, perhaps of all time, out of town. If you dont remember the media was all over him for 2 things 1) his very public divorce and 2) his contract discussions with the team.

Here we are on the eve of the biggest moment in Ogletree's life, his draft day, not to mention the combine. How is he handling it? He went out partying and got busted driving drunk. How do you think he would do if he lived here in NYC day in and day out? Here we have a kid who couldnt control himself now, when all the chips are on the table and his future is on the line. Yet, you think this team culd trust him to control himself when the NYC nightlife is temping him every night?

Im sorry, I liked Ogletree as a prospect, prior to this DUI I would not have been upset if we had selected him, although I do think we have more pressing needs. However, now I believe there is zero chance of him being a NYG unless it is in the 2nd or beyond, which is unlikely. This team cares about maturity, character and intelligence and a kid who drives drunk now, during the most important few weeks of his life lacks some of those qualities.
    I was one of the first ones on here raving about Ogletree, and I coulden't agree more.. I choose to overlook his other off field issues because people tend to make mistakes in there late teens/very early 20's, but the fact that he did this, when he all ready knew how important the next couple months of his life are going to be, because of his all ready off field issues, is mind numbingly stupid, and kinda goes to show you, he most likely didn't just make a few mistakes, but is simply a stupid guy who dosen't think of consequences untill after they all ready have occured..

I like his skills but I'd be absolutely shocked if Reese picks him now.

Theft, drugs, and now a DUI.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Like i said,the older i get, the less i respect athletes.. Most of these guys are complete idiots.. I don't know one person that could ever be so stupid.. Seriously, is there a speck of brain cells in some of these guys? I'm not kidding either, is there???lol
    lol, I'm with ya, there are all a bunch of hip hop *******s, jk but not really

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Lane Johnson time?

I don't have anything against if the Giants pick him up, for some he is the most instinctive LT coming out this year. I've seen you are in Lane's bandwagon for quite a while but do you still want him if the Giants sign Beatty long term ?

Quote Originally Posted by juice33s View Post
    lol, I'm with ya, there are all a bunch of hip hop *******s, jk but not really
    Its embaressing what we pay these morons as a country.. There spoiled morons who continue to over value themselves and do stupid stuff... It cracks me up what some of these guys think there worth.. It cracks me up watching guys shoot themselves in the leg, bring loaded guns to the airport, end up in court for murder, get DUI's, fail drug tests, steal..etc So many of these guys are ret-ards...

+ Reply to Thread