+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Ogletree DUI

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Ogletree will have a lot of explaining to do to NFL teams. Was suspended twice while at Georgia. Has a theft charge,Failed drug test , and a DUI
    Doesnt sound like a guy that JR would touch with a TEN FOOT POLL in the First round weather he drops to 19 or not. If he is still there in the 2nd Round might be worth a look
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Maybe not the Giants but I think he'll still go in the 1st IMO. Guys like Janoris Jenkins were kicked out of school, busted for marijuana possession, assault, arrest etc...still got drafted 39th overall (very close to the 1st round) A lot of college kids make mistakes and I'm not condoning his behavior for the DUI, but it's not as harsh as I think some will make it out to be in comparison to some other red flags.

He has a lot of time from now through the process to convince teams he made a stupid mistake. I think once teams see him perform at the combine, they are just going to be looking for reasons to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    yea, 3rd round pick. giants have taken guys who have issues in the 3rd. Manningham for example.
    Hosley failed the drug test at the combine.
    I dont know if u can consider Austin having flags

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    Maybe not the Giants but I think he'll still go in the 1st IMO. Guys like Janoris Jenkins were kicked out of school, busted for marijuana possession, assault, arrest etc...still got drafted 39th overall (very close to the 1st round) A lot of college kids make mistakes and I'm not condoning his behavior for the DUI, but it's not as harsh as I think some will make it out to be in comparison to some other red flags.

He has a lot of time from now through the process to convince teams he made a stupid mistake. I think once teams see him perform at the combine, they are just going to be looking for reasons to give him the benefit of the doubt.
    Jenkins Id say was a better prospect at a more coveted position. Jenkins college tape was damn good. He shut down every big name receiver

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Jenkins Id say was a better prospect at a more coveted position. Jenkins college tape was damn good. He shut down every big name receiver
    I agree it's a more coveted position but with the way the league is shifting towards mobile QB's and fast athletic TE's, the LB position is becoming a more valuable commodity as well (still not as much as corner though).

Lets also remember that Tom Coughlin comes from a military background, so I don't think he will take a chance at Ogletree.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway Blue View Post
    What are the chances this guy falls to us in the 2nd?
    A big shot. No one values MLBs for good reason.

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel_1 View Post
    Lets also remember that Tom Coughlin comes from a military background, so I don't think he will take a chance at Ogletree.
    Diehl is still on the team, he had a recent DUI.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel_1 View Post
    to not take a shot on a kid like this because he made a mistake is so stupid, he was not robbing houses or cars he got in a car after having to much to drink he is only a kid, 22 years old and made a mistake who cares
    Last edited by BigJ; 02-17-2013 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigJ View Post
    to not take a shot on a kid like this because he made a mistake is so stupid, he was not robbing houses or cars he got in a car after having to much to drink he is only a kid, 22 years old and made a mistake who cares
    he made more than one mistake.. thefts, drugs and now this