he made more than one mistake.. thefts, drugs and now this
    I like my LBs to have a bit "bad a## attitude!"
    Alec at 19!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Giantslb66 View Post
    I like my LBs to have a bit "bad a## attitude!"
    Alec at 19!!!!!!!!!
    Like James Harrison

Quote Originally Posted by BigJ View Post
    to not take a shot on a kid like this because he made a mistake is so stupid, he was not robbing houses or cars he got in a car after having to much to drink he is only a kid, 22 years old and made a mistake who cares
    He has a history of off-the-field issues, and this one just one week before the combine shows that he is an absolute moron.

As for who cares . . . the Giants do . . . . he will not be picked by the Giants at 19.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway Blue View Post
    Like James Harrison
    Did someone draft James Harrison in the first round? Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    Did someone draft James Harrison in the first round? Exactly.
    haha.. very true

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    He has a history of off-the-field issues, and this one just one week before the combine shows that he is an absolute moron.

As for who cares . . . the Giants do . . . . he will not be picked by the Giants at 19.
    really? when did you start your job in the FO? he's a kid, if the giants were high on him, and his interview questions satisfy them, they may very well take him,,BPA could be him at 19 now.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Giants do not draft guys with red flags in the first or second round.

That means Ogletree is either a 3rd or later type prospect for the giants, or he is not on their draft boards at all
    Well like it or not, agree or not FO " down played " Marvin Austin red flags when they drafted him in the 2nd. We can spin it any way we want or for that matter FO can do the same but Marvin had some, character issues? DIU ? There all the same in my eyes, bad choices and mistakes in life. In the end its a business and FO once in a while will make a " leap of faith " and take chances on someone, sometimes works and sometimes well it just goes south.

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    really? when did you start your job in the FO? he's a kid, if the giants were high on him, and his interview questions satisfy them, they may very well take him,,BPA could be him at 19 now.
    Giants have never touched a player in the first round with character red flags. They may have never touched one in the second round either

Quote Originally Posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
    Well like it or not, agree or not FO " down played " Marvin Austin red flags when they drafted him in the 2nd. We can spin it any way we want or for that matter FO can do the same but Marvin had some, character issues? DIU ? There all the same in my eyes, bad choices and mistakes in life. In the end its a business and FO once in a while will make a " leap of faith " and take chances on someone, sometimes works and sometimes well it just goes south.
    Marvin Austins issues were completely different, never broke a law, never failed a drug test. He had an agent buy him a hotel room.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Marvin Austins issues were completely different, never broke a law, never failed a drug test. He had an agent buy him a hotel room.

I knew you were going to say that so I'm going to play devil's advocate. Doble morality comes to mind here in a society that always tries to explain or excuse all those in fault, by Ogletree being arrested for DUI means he is a drunk and can't be trusted ? I don't think so. Is Austin croocked or a cheater for getting caught for recieving those benefits ? I don't think so either. The truth of the matter is they are kids, young athletes who make mistakes, immature kids who fall easly to temptation. Of course falts and sins have different magnitudes and by consequence different repercussions but they are all judgement mistakes.
    That been said Ogletree wasn't my choice ( mock draft ) in the first place but if in the end the Giants signed their own FAs and fill their needs and still ILB is a glaring hole and draft Ogletree because they think he is the BP at whatever round he is available ? I would not be surpirsed at all obviously with the previous background homework check done by FO. I'm not naive bro and for sure Reese isn't either.

+ Reply to Thread