+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your Thoughts on LB Jon Major

For now I'm just trying to learn more about the guy. I'm definitely not talking 1st or 2nd draft picks. I'm curious just in case he's maybe one of the late round sleepers. From what I'm hearing from other sites is that he's creating a buzz right now....probably has to do with how people think he'll perform at the combine.

Can't say i know em to well.. Only colorado player i know anything about really is Nick Kasa TE.. I don't even know much about Bakiharti OT , whos supposedly a 3rd rd prospect or so.. But i'll check out that video later on that u put up later on...

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    according to who? none were highly thought of in the draft,,,I dont even think the giants thought any of these guys were day one starters, they haven't valued the LB position in years,,,these picks were nothing more than shots in the dark,,nothing these kids did, besides jones was impressive in college, and these guys the giants thought were starters as you say were in reality projects who are no longer with the team.
    Not true at all. Sintim was very highly thought of, he was just thought of as a 34 olb. He was a top 30 prospect by most scouts. That tends to happen when you amass 40 sacks in a college career.

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    according to who? none were highly thought of in the draft,,,I dont even think the giants thought any of these guys were day one starters, they haven't valued the LB position in years,,,these picks were nothing more than shots in the dark,,nothing these kids did, besides jones was impressive in college, and these guys the giants thought were starters as you say were in reality projects who are no longer with the team.
    Sintim was a 2nd round pick, clearly he was highly thought of. Jones was a 4 year starter who had huge tackle numbers. Dillard was possibly a project.

When I think of projects, I think of guys with the physical tools to play the position, but dont have the mental aspect down. That wasent the case with any of the guys you mentioned. They all had the mental part, but were lacking physically.

Sintim was just soft. Jones and Dillard were not athletic enough to cut it.

Anyone look at Nico Johnson from Alabama, could be a good value pick here...

Bench Player
    Here is some info on him from CUBuffs.com. Started 31 games, had 225 tackles including 31 tackles for loss or zero. Had 6 double digit tackles games in his career. What I like about him is the way he flashes on film. Played in a very fast Pac 12 and consistently runs down backs and receivers from behind. Big 6'2" 240 but some scouts have him projected as a LB/S hybrid because of his tremendous cover skills. True 3 down LB that did not play behind a good D-Line at Colorado. He had to fight through traffic and blockers for every bit of production. Big play guy who recovered the clinching fumble in the defeat of Georgia, was the Pac12 Defensive a player of the week in a win against Utah and was nominated for the same award in a win against Washington State. Might be the best player no one has heard of and will be a rapid riser as the draft approaches. His film is better than almost every LB in the draft. I haven't seen a better one this fall and I have watched hours of tape. His speed and motor are special. Scout video link if you haven't seen it:www.youtube.com/watch?v=DutuE3N0vvU

Major BUST lol

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    None of the three guys you listed were projects. All three were supposed to be well developed and ready to start from day one. They were all just crappy players.
    No, not really.

Quote Originally Posted by ALLnygIN View Post
    No, not really.
    Not really what?

Quote Originally Posted by JODEL82 View Post
    Here is some info on him from CUBuffs.com. Started 31 games, had 225 tackles including 31 tackles for loss or zero. Had 6 double digit tackles games in his career. What I like about him is the way he flashes on film. Played in a very fast Pac 12 and consistently runs down backs and receivers from behind. Big 6'2" 240 but some scouts have him projected as a LB/S hybrid because of his tremendous cover skills. True 3 down LB that did not play behind a good D-Line at Colorado. He had to fight through traffic and blockers for every bit of production. Big play guy who recovered the clinching fumble in the defeat of Georgia, was the Pac12 Defensive a player of the week in a win against Utah and was nominated for the same award in a win against Washington State. Might be the best player no one has heard of and will be a rapid riser as the draft approaches. His film is better than almost every LB in the draft. I haven't seen a better one this fall and I have watched hours of tape. His speed and motor are special. Scout video link if you haven't seen it:www.youtube.com/watch?v=DutuE3N0vvU
    Thanks for the info. LB's that show physicality, motor and speed like he does are always interesting to see how they measure at the combine. Wish someone could put some game footage of him to get a better idea of his weaknesses. Right now all I have to go on is "highlights".

+ Reply to Thread