+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2/20 Mock

2/20 Mock

Rd1- Alec Ogletree
    I could care less about his DUI or "drug suspension." Ogletree is simply a phenomenal football player with unbelievable athleticism and play-making ability. The crazy part is that he still has sky high potential.

Rd2- Datone Jones
    Dude's a 6'4 280lb monster! Has the size, strength, and explosion to be a great LDE to complement JPP and can even move inside on passing downs. Great replacement for Tuck who's days in the NFL are numbered. There's so much DE depth that I believe round 2 is the best spot to take one. Either he or Hunt should be there at 49.

Rd3- David Amerson
    Amerson can be torched but playmakers like him are too hard to pass up in the third round. 18 interceptions in 2 seasons doesn't happen by chance. With that frame his potential is great. Jordan Poyer would be another good selection here.

Idk enough for rounds 4-7

Quote Originally Posted by WiIdcat View Post
    Rd1- Alec Ogletree
    I could care less about his DUI or "drug suspension." Ogletree is simply a phenomenal football player with unbelievable athleticism and play-making ability. The crazy part is that he still has sky high potential.

Rd2- Datone Jones
    Dude's a 6'4 280lb monster! Has the size, strength, and explosion to be a great LDE to complement JPP and can even move inside on passing downs. Great replacement for Tuck who's days in the NFL are numbered. There's so much DE depth that I believe round 2 is the best spot to take one. Either he or Hunt should be there at 49.

Rd3- David Amerson
    Amerson can be torched but playmakers like him are too hard to pass up in the third round. 18 interceptions in 2 seasons doesn't happen by chance. With that frame his potential is great. Jordan Poyer would be another good selection here.

Idk enough for rounds 4-7
    Datone Jones is flying up drafts boards. Had a huge Senior Bowl and unless he tanks his Combine will be gone by our 2nd pick.

It's nice that you could care less about Ogeltree's DUI one week before the combine and other previous incidents . . . . but you can bet that the Giants will. He will not be our first round pick. Mark it down.

No OL picks?

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckKnoxx View Post
    Whatever [Tom Quinn] says to keep a near decade long job has to be truly inspirational for him not to be working at IKEA right now.

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    It's nice that you could care less about Ogeltree's DUI one week before the combine and other previous incidents . . . . but you can bet that the Giants will. He will not be our first round pick. Mark it down.
    +15

Banned
    lol. Ogleetree is gone from our board. Besides he wouldn't even play. Wilson was lauded by Coughlin for being a good guy and even he couldn't play. Ogletree has a history of being the opposite.

People are so desperate for a LB. Do you not know how Jerry Reese works at this point?

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    lol. Ogleetree is gone from our board. Besides he wouldn't even play. Wilson was lauded by Coughlin for being a good guy and even he couldn't play. Ogletree has a history of being the opposite.

People are so desperate for a LB. Do you not know how Jerry Reese works at this point?
    Wilson's personality had nothing to do with his amount of play so that doesn't really make sense.

I agree with the OP... it was a dumb mistake but unless there are certain guys on the board, I still want Ogletree. We're fielding an NFL football team, not a church league. Ogletree may have made some mistakes but if he does well in his interviews and Georgia's coaching staff never had issues with his work ethic and performance with the team... he should definitely still be on our radar.

And yes, some of us are desperate for a LB.. you know who else is? The New York Giants.
    Last edited by BlueSabbath; 02-20-2013 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSabbath View Post
    And yes, some of us are desperate for a LB.. you know who else is? The New York Giants.
    The New York Giants are even MORE desperate to keep Eli upright...

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckKnoxx View Post
    Whatever [Tom Quinn] says to keep a near decade long job has to be truly inspirational for him not to be working at IKEA right now.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSabbath View Post
    Wilson's personality had nothing to do with his amount of play so that doesn't really make sense.
    Do you not know how Coughlin operates? He fines you for being 3 minutes early to practice. If you don't have a good character you own't play. Ogletree does not have a good character. And even if you have a good character like Wilson you won't play as a rookie. So for an idiot who gets caught with a DUI mixed in with his already less than ideal history won't make him the pick. He's out of the board. If you don't think so I'll gladly put a wager on it.

I agree with the OP... it was a dumb mistake but unless there are certain guys on the board, I still want Ogletree. We're fielding an NFL football team, not a church league. Ogletree may have made some mistakes but if he does well in his interviews and Georgia's coaching staff never had issues with his work ethic and performance with the team... he should definitely still be on our radar.
    lol. We're a 4-3 defense. We don't value linebackers. We prioritize CBs and DEs.

Our entire defense is based on our defense line. Osi left. Tuck and Kiwi aren't getting sacks and because they can't do anything JPP is being clobbered. Chris Canty was cut, Marvin Austin looks terrible, Kuhn is a 7th rounder and Bernard is a free agent. W ehave more hoels on the dline and we HAVE to go LB first?

As you can clearly see CWeb sucks, and Prince isn't a lock for 16 games. Hosely wasn't good and Tryon is horrendous,. Yet again the only position people care about is LB. No LB can fix Corey Webster or Justin Tuck.

Oh please. The Giants have had sucky LB corps since 2009. How many LBs were taken in the first round since then? Coughlin has started 2 6th rounders and a UDFA in 2011. They don't care about the position and they will continue to ignore it unless the two super bowls didn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    Do you not know how Coughlin operates? He fines you for being 3 minutes early to practice. If you don't have a good character you own't play. Ogletree does not have a good character. And even if you have a good character like Wilson you won't play as a rookie. So for an idiot who gets caught with a DUI mixed in with his already less than ideal history won't make him the pick. He's out of the board. If you don't think so I'll gladly put a wager on it.

lol. We're a 4-3 defense. We don't value linebackers. We prioritize CBs and DEs.

Our entire defense is based on our defense line. Osi left. Tuck and Kiwi aren't getting sacks and because they can't do anything JPP is being clobbered. Chris Canty was cut, Marvin Austin looks terrible, Kuhn is a 7th rounder and Bernard is a free agent. W ehave more hoels on the dline and we HAVE to go LB first?

As you can clearly see CWeb sucks, and Prince isn't a lock for 16 games. Hosely wasn't good and Tryon is horrendous,. Yet again the only position people care about is LB. No LB can fix Corey Webster or Justin Tuck.

Oh please. The Giants have had sucky LB corps since 2009. How many LBs were taken in the first round since then? Coughlin has started 2 6th rounders and a UDFA in 2011. They don't care about the position and they will continue to ignore it unless the two super bowls didn't happen.
    A wager on it?? hahaha, and how exactly would you ever be proven right? If we don't take him? We may have passed on him with or without the DUI... he's a linebacker... and as you already argued, we don't tend to take LBs in the first. (I know for a FACT that Dont'a Hightower was in consideration last year though, so while I'm not sure we would have for sure taken him, it was at least discussed, so because I know that, anyone that says we would never take a LB in the first isn't entirely accurate (I'll also add, DH's potential to slide to DE was brought up in the conversation so that probably helped)

Yes, I know how Coughlin works (facepalm). My point is just because you show up on time or have "good character" doesn't guarantee you will play, so I didn't think your comment about Wilson made sense. If he was a more well rounded RB he would have played more, not if he was just little bit better of a guy. Also, Ogletree may have done some dumb things off the field, but for all we know when it comes to business he's solid (shows up on time, works hard, does what is asked of him). Which why at this point I'm saying I would still take him if other scenarios were gone.

Otherwise I agree with you... and that's exactly why our roster is short on elite LBs. Which is my point. Just because it's the way the Giants have done things, doesn't mean I like it or won't want a playmaker at LB in the 1st if there's not a more obvious pick. Yes, we have a lot of holes to fill... this may sound like science fiction, but there is actually more than just one round in the NFL draft... so if we did happen to go with a LB (I readily admit I don't see it happening) it doesn't mean we can't address all the other positions we need to fill.

"The only position people care about is LB.." You exaggerate like a little girl. And where did I say we "HAVE" to go LB in the first? I'm saying I don't think he should be ruled out or "off our radar".
    Last edited by BlueSabbath; 02-21-2013 at 11:21 AM.